Justice Kennedy says gay marriage ruling uproar will fade like '89 flag ruling

Granite

Hall of Fame
I can see fully your conclusion, given your premises. But you'll find you're wrong. It won't work out as you imagine. Remember these words in the coming years. :alien:

The "I'm right you're wrong just wait" defense is used by losers. Sorry, but it's over.

Jose Fly

Loving v Virginia

The Lovings were charged under Section 20-58 of the Virginia Code, which prohibited interracial couples from being married out of state and then returning to Virginia, and Section 20-59, which classified miscegenation as a felony, punishable by a prison sentence of between one and five years. The trial judge in the case, Leon M. Bazile, echoing Johann Friedrich Blumenbach's 18th-century interpretation of race, wrote:
Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Not all that different than "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

Lexington'96

Loving v Virginia

Not all that different than "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

That reasoning comes from cultural "Christianity", which also describes why some professing Christians support SSM. They let the culture affect the way the read the Bible, ignoring what made them uncomfortable (such as Moses' wife). A great example of cultural "Christianity" was a building I saw which had an American Flag, a Confederate Flag, and a Christian Flag flying.

TracerBullet

But race is a fixed trait. And a black woman marrying a white man does not change the nature of marriage.

I think gay marriage will be repealed, and fall out of favor in the coming fourth turning crisis (due around 2020).

50 years ago it was viewed that interracial marriage was an act of perversion that would destroy marriage and the family and bring the wrath of God down upon our nation.

Marriage didn't change but the sick and hateful argument used to justify discrimination and bigotry have stayed exactly the same

TracerBullet

That reasoning comes from cultural "Christianity", which also describes why some professing Christians support SSM. They let the culture affect the way the read the Bible, ignoring what made them uncomfortable (such as Moses' wife). A great example of cultural "Christianity" was a building I saw which had an American Flag, a Confederate Flag, and a Christian Flag flying.

You are speaking of Zipporah, a Cushite woman Moses married and the Eldest daughter of Jethro a priest in Midian. It is often falsely claimed she was black because some say that a Cushite was someone from south of Egypt. The bible names the lands south of Egypt Nubia and Abyssinia (Isa 18: and Zep 3:10) not Cush. The book of Ezekiel tells us that Cushites come from Arabia and Persia and Midian is modern day Jordan. The book of Isaiah also speaks of the great Chshite leader Nimrod who was from Mesopotamia.