Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When someone receives the Spirit of God---they become more spiritual.

It is the only way to be truly spiritual. It has nothing to do with what you do. You can't make yourself more spiritual or more religious. Religion is good (James 1). The Spirit of God dwelling in a believer is good.

ClimateSanity

I forget. I don't know how old I was before we went to another church in the assemblies to hear about the history of the Plymouth Brethren, from someone well verses in Ecclesiology pertaining even to where things stand now with the church and denominations. But the Plymouth Brethren didn't really consider themselves a denomination. Have you heard the history with John Nelson Darby considered the father of dispensationalism? He was a lawyer. Probably did a lot of good. But, probably divided everything up. I hope he promoted unity. I'm not sure the history of all that. So yeah, we were a part of the Brethren.

You show very little knowledge of real dispensationalism. You know many of the strawmen arguments concerning dispensationalism. This make me wonder how much real dispensational teaching this particular branch of the brethren was preaching.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am so glad you agree and understand now.

So then just to confirm, do you agree that the Spirit of Christ IS the Spirit of God?

Yes. And at the same time God and His Anointed (Messiah, Christ) are different. One Spirit, God's Spirit, the Spirit of God.

Christ, anointed, and anointing. I'm not sure why I am saying that right now. But now I also remember this verse.

1 John 2:20 NASB - 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

I was going to say or was it this one, but now I have something different to share. From the words anointed and Spirit.

1 Samuel 16:13 NASB - 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward. And Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

Isaiah 61:1 NASB - 1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,Because the LORD has anointed meTo bring good news to the afflicted;He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty to captivesAnd freedom to prisoners;

Luke 4:18 NASB - 18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

Acts 10:38 NASB - 38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

God's Truth

It is the only way to be truly spiritual.
That is right.

It has nothing to do with what you do.
That is not quite right. It matters what we do. We must eat Jesus' flesh, and we do that by obeying what he says. Jesus' words are life, and you do not have life unless you do what the Word says.

You can't make yourself more spiritual or more religious. Religion is good (James 1). The Spirit of God dwelling in a believer is good.

You can obey or not obey, but one must obey if they want to be saved, and stay saved.

God's Truth

Yes. And at the same time God and His Anointed (Messiah, Christ) are different. One Spirit, God's Spirit, the Spirit of God.

You just contradicted yourself. Either they are the same or not. I tell you, they are the same, for Christ is NEVER EVER separate from the Father. How do you ever get that Christ is separate from God? That is unheard of.

Christ, anointed, and anointing. I'm not sure why I am saying that right now. But now I also remember this verse.

1 John 2:20 NASB - 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

I was going to say or was it this one, but now I have something different to share. From the words anointed and Spirit.

1 Samuel 16:13 NASB - 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward. And Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

Isaiah 61:1 NASB - 1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,Because the LORD has anointed meTo bring good news to the afflicted;He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,To proclaim liberty to captivesAnd freedom to prisoners;

Luke 4:18 NASB - 18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

Acts 10:38 NASB - 38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

There is only ONE SPIRIT. Jesus is the anointed one. That means Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The book of James was speaking to the scattered sheep of Israel, not to the Gentiles.

Actually, it says to the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad. I know that without looking because I onced memorized the first chapter of James.

We are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. That is true religion.

God's Truth

Actually, it says to the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad. I know that without looking because I onced memorized the first chapter of James.

We are to visit orphans and widows in their distress. That is true religion.

Paul had guidelines for whom Christians were to help. Even a widow had to meet certain guidelines before she would be helped.

1 Timothy 5:9 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,

1 Timothy 5:16
If any woman who is a believer has widows in her care, she should continue to help them and not let the church be burdened with them, so that the church can help those widows who are really in need.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.

We are to help our own families, especially if there is a widow or orphan in our family.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You show very little knowledge of real dispensationalism. You know many of the strawmen arguments concerning dispensationalism. This make me wonder how much real dispensational teaching this particular branch of the brethren was preaching.

I'm just talking about what I picked up. No one sat me down to teach me dispensationalism. Maybe something at one point from a class on the pre-trib rapture? But I had to ask about the pre-trib rapture where it came from and the seven year tribulation didn't help because that just brought me back to Daniel and with no understanding of how there was a gap, or even if it was Christ or the anti-Christ that was supposed to come. Well, surprise! Now I know that Messiah came 2000 years ago. I believe it (the weeks, 70 of them, see Daniel and see Theology about the timing of the coming of the Messiah) was talking about that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is right.

That is not quite right. It matters what we do. We must eat Jesus' flesh, and we do that by obeying what he says. Jesus' words are life, and you do not have life unless you do what the Word says.
No, you are talking wrongly about what might be sanctification or righteousness and something infused, even if you don't know it. That's Catholic or back and forth between Catholic and Protestant (of which I am neither).
You can obey or not obey, but one must obey if they want to be saved, and stay saved.
No. It is not that you obey to be saved. It is that those who have the Holy Spirit are known to obey. That is, God has given His Spirit to those who obey Him or to those who we know obey Him (that they had His Spirit dwelling in them at or from some point and that now they obey Him and we can see that the Holy Spirit and obedience go together (and we preserve that works is not how a person gets saved or even stays saved).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You just contradicted yourself. Either they are the same or not. I tell you, they are the same, for Christ is NEVER EVER separate from the Father. How do you ever get that Christ is separate from God? That is unheard of.

There is only ONE SPIRIT. Jesus is the anointed one. That means Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Do you believe that God's Anointed is different from God Himself? Like the one whom God sent is not Himself God (but the Son of God)?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul had guidelines for whom Christians were to help. Even a widow had to meet certain guidelines before she would be helped.

1 Timothy 5:9 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,

1 Timothy 5:16
If any woman who is a believer has widows in her care, she should continue to help them and not let the church be burdened with them, so that the church can help those widows who are really in need.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.

We are to help our own families, especially if there is a widow or orphan in our family.

Of course, makes sense. But if it is just about widows then this is and then he agreed.