Jesus said, "Few There be that Find it" Matthew 7:14

CherubRam

The name "Jesus" is a recent invention. Their is no one in heaven by that name. The Messiah's name is Yahshua. God's name is Yahwah. The e vowel was introduced into Hebrew in the 2nd century AD.

CherubRam

The Hebrew word "sheol" always means "grave." It never means "Hell." Hell is a Pagan concept introduced into Christianity by the Catholics.

Hell is the serpent doctrine of life immortal in a place of eternal torture.

Genesis 3:4
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The name "Jesus" is a recent invention. Their is no one in heaven by that name. The Messiah's name is Yahshua. God's name is Yahwah. The e vowel was introduced into Hebrew in the 2nd century AD.

There is no solid proof that the NT was written in Hebrew. Some people claim it was written in Greek as was the Septuagint.

Jesus is an English word transliterated from the Greek iesous.

I use an English version of the NT which uses the name Jesus. It works for me.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Hebrew word "sheol" always means "grave." It never means "Hell." Hell is a Pagan concept introduced into Christianity by the Catholics.

Hell is the serpent doctrine of life immortal in a place of eternal torture.

Genesis 3:4
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

Where is the place where there weeping and gnashing of teeth, Matthew 8:12.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where is the place where there weeping and gnashing of teeth, Matthew 8:12.

Some time for the wicked before the lake of fire.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell (grave) delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no solid proof that the NT was written in Hebrew. Some people claim it was written in Greek as was the Septuagint.

True--

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Mat 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Jesus is the same name as is interpreted Joshua, and it means salvation.

Jesus answers to that name, but if one prefers Yashua then English speaking people do not know who is being spoken of.

LA

oatmeal

This was taken from the parable about the strait gate and the broad way.

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there be which go that way. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13,14.

What is the broad way that leads to destruction and the strait gate that leads to life?

The broad way is the way of religion. The way must be broad to accommodate the multitudes that have chosen to go that way. Religion is the way of man. It is man centered. Religion is man's effort to please a holy God by what he has done or by what he has become. "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, didn't we..., Matthew 7:22. Lord, Lord, didn't I become a Calvinist? Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic church? They thought that salvation was all about them and what they did or what they had become.

The strait gate is Jesus Christ and his Gospel. Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it. Truth must be sought. It is only given to those that seek it and receive it. When the Gospel is heard and believed, God gives his Holy Spirit to those that hear and believe it, Galatians 3:2. The Holy Spirit is also known as the "Spirit of Truth" John 14:17. It is the work of the Spirit to magnify and glorify the work of Christ, John 16:13-15.

You are onto something.

Jesus Christ is the way to the Father.

John 14:6

He did not stray from doing his Father's will

He set the example for us to follow.

Getting born again/saved is the way for those in this age of grace.

There are only two requirements to receive the gift of salvation but they are very specific. Romans 10:9

Romans 10:9 says nothing about "accepting Jesus as your savior"

We are to confess with our mouth the lord Jesus, not the savior Jesus.

We are to believe that God raised him from the dead.

That is narrow, that is specific.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus answers to that name, but if one prefers Yashua then English speaking people do not know who is being spoken of.

Yes, I suspect that when Paul spoke to Greek assemblies he spoke Greek so the congregation could follow along with their Greek bibles.

CherubRam

The New Testament was written in different languages, Hebrew being one.

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale -A Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until AFTER the year 1525...
when Sir William Tyndale -A Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England - INVENTED IT!

Yes, the word Jesus was a good transliteration of the Greek.

I tend to think Paul spoke Greek to Greeks, Iesous Christos.

Robert Pate

Banned
The New Testament was written in different languages, Hebrew being one.

The common name is Jesus. When you use any other name, people will not understand what you are talking about.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are asking me to believe that you and others do not know the different names Christ is called.

What I am saying is that if you use any other name than Jesus, people will not know what you are talking about. His biblical name is Jesus. That is what you should use.