Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters
Explain;

John 1:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 1:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
This is your fantasy not mine.

I could provide verses that state that Jesus is NOT "god" but it would be a waste of time, wouldn't it?

The New Testament is self-contradictory.

Only a fool would believe it.

achduke

Please explain, was Christ not God, but then became God?

Joh 20:17 Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'

musterion

Joh 20:17 Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'

John 18:6 As soon then as He had said unto them, "I AM," they went backward and fell to the ground.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is your fantasy not mine.

I could provide verses that state that Jesus is NOT "god" but it would be a waste of time, wouldn't it?

Too bad you don't answer with scripture. But you are right. It would not disprove anything.

achduke

John 18:6 As soon then as He had said unto them, "I AM," they went backward and fell to the ground.

NIV says I Am He. Even so we know God's speaks through him so who is talking when he says I AM? The Father or the Messiah?

Joh 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

musterion

Then only an absolute idiot would waste time arguing with believers over it, if that's what he truly believed.

achduke

The "He" is added by translators of several versions. Do yourself a favor, look into it and decide for yourself.

It may be added but who is speaking there the Father or the Messiah? Most of the Scriptures say Jesus has a God. None spell it out that he is God. Even he says himself he is the Son of God and that he has a God. He also says the Father lives and dwells in him and the Father does the talking.

Col 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

musterion

It may be added

"May" be?

Do you realize what adding "he" does to the actual meaning of His Words? Answer: Exactly the effect it's had on several posters here, including you.

Look, I've got to go to bed. Your questions are good and suggest your mind is not yet made up. So you have a choice to make: either you must write off the N.T. as contradicting itself for teaching BOTH Christ as Son to His Father AND Christ as I AM...or...you're going to have to prayerfully wrestle through it and humbly ask God for more light on His Word. But staying where you are now won't help you, and will become intolerable to you.

achduke

"May" be?

Do you realize what adding it in does to the actual meaning His Words had?

Adding words can change the meaning or the context. Still I believe Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. When Jesus speaks it is God speaking. They are one. If Jesus says "I AM" then God is saying "I AM"

achduke

It says Christ said "I AM," not that God said it in/through Christ.

It is not adding to scripture Jesus says himself that the Father is speaking.

Joh 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Joh 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Last edited:

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
He is not God. He is the temple of God. God is speaking through him so when he speaks it is God speaking. They are one.

Are you comparing them to a ventriloquist act. One is the ventriloquist and the other a mindless echo chamber. But together they are one act.