ECT Jesus gave a warning to His Disciples and,

Cross Reference

by implication those after them [us] who would believe on their word, that we should be watchful lest we be deceived, perhaps caught up in strange doctrines that would give rise to carelessness, presumption or even down and out, apostasy. My question is: So what, if you believe you have been "signed, sealed and delivered" into eternal bliss? I mean why give heed to what Jesus warned us of if you believe you can't be touched by what He warned us of? Ref: Matt 24 4:ff.

Interplanner

A believer must continue to acknowledge the necessity of justification by Christ alone, Col 1, etc. If you don't believe that you are both arrogant and have nothing. God will not justify anyone from their sins who does not think they need it. "God be merciful to me a sinner!"

john w

Hall of Fame
by implication those after them [us] who would believe on their word, that we should be watchful lest we be deceived, perhaps caught up in strange doctrines that would give rise to carelessness, presumption or even down and out, apostasy. My question is: So what, if you believe you have been "signed, sealed and delivered" into eternal bliss? I mean why give heed to what Jesus warned us of if you believe you can't be touched by what He warned us of? Ref: Matt 24 4:ff.

Because He was not addressing you.

EOT. RIP. DOA. CLOSED. LIGHTS OFF.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Jesus was speaking/referring to the lost sheep of Israel. Do you
consider yourself one of them?

turbosixx

It's best we heed warnings. Paul gave them too.

Col. 1:22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach- 23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard,

Cross Reference

Matthew 15:24 states: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Phooee. Is that your best shot?? Funny Jesus never said anything about that when the disciples asked about the specifics. Ergo, Him being sent to "Lost tribes of Israel" is a non sequitur.
Try again.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Phooee. Is that your best shot?? Funny Jesus never said anything about that when the disciples asked about the specifics. Ergo, Him being sent to "Lost tribes of Israel" is a non sequitur.
Try again.

Nah, I think I'll just take Jesus word for it and ignore your ignorance!
Will that be okay with you?

john w

Hall of Fame
oh, but He was ___ and you.

Sell all you have.

Don't call anyone a "fool."

"what Jesus warned us"-you

Matthew 5:22 KJV

but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Ooooops! Vs....

1 Corinthians 15:36 KJV

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Galatians 3:1 KJV

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

I know, I know......:It says the same thing....Context.............

Cricket....cricket..............

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Among the greatest deceptions

That having been saved we can be damned
that sanctification can be earned
that serving the Lord is onerous and difficult
That simple faith is ineffectual

Cross Reference

Nah, I think I'll just take Jesus word for it and ignore your ignorance!
Will that be okay with you?

Sure, but, you should at least be truthful to yourself and take His word for what He said to them and stop giving reasons to prop up your ongoing unbelief. The warning is for you you chose to not heed. Your choice, not mine.

Interplanner

Greek instructor Goodrick on I Pet 1: when some people enter heaven there will be silence, because no one else knew they were Christians. For others, there will be quite a bit of applause. That's the wide welcome Peter is referring to.

Cross Reference

Greek instructor Goodrick on I Pet 1: when some people enter heaven there will be silence, because no one else knew they were Christians. For others, there will be quite a bit of applause. That's the wide welcome Peter is referring to.

I think your Greek is something else.

Interplanner

He was conveying the meaning of the great welcome into heaven. it is spot on. Goodrick was instructor of Greek for years at Multnomah and did the NIV concordance.