Jesus Changed Everything

clefty

I said
lol You were being an idiot. And now your being an idiot. Your batting a thousand. Changing the law does NOT mean destroying it. that is all in your perverted understanding. I told you along time ago that because your not a Christian you have been blinded. And you keep proving me right.

Changing a law means you destroy the former that the new may be kept...

Imagine if the law changed that we drive on the left hand side of the street...LOL...people continuing in the old way would be in for a surprise...

Your insisting He changed the Law is EXACTLY what the jews claimed was being done...that their customs were being changed...they were called false witnesses...

He didnt destroy the Law...even by changing it...

Is why the disciples/Paul kept Sabbath and Peter even kosher...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Changing a law means you destroy the former that the new may be kept...

Imagine if the law changed that we drive on the left hand side of the street...LOL...people continuing in the old way would be in for a surprise...

Your insisting He changed the Law is EXACTLY what the jews claimed was being done...that their customs were being changed...they were called false witnesses...

He didnt destroy the Law...even by changing it...

Is why the disciples/Paul kept Sabbath and Peter even kosher...

I said
Your an idiot. Out of your own ignorant mouth you explained it. There can be two laws. In England they drive on the left side of the road. In America we drive on the right side of the road. Both ways exist. Just like in the bible one can live by the old testament and be called a Jew. While others can live by the new testament and be called Christians. We didn't destroy englands way of driving. And they didn't destroy our way of driving.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Jesus Changed Everyting
Spoiler

xxx Jesus changed the law. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the commandments. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed rightousness. From old testament law of sin and death. To New testament law of love and forgiveness.

[Rom 10:4
4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

xxx Jesus changed the covenant. From old testament to new testament.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed the goal. From old testament to new testament.

John 13:34-35
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(NKJ)

XXX Jesus changed justice. From old testament to new testament.

Matt 12:20
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
(NKJ)

Matt 6:12-15
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Lord to follow. From old testament to new testament.

Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'LORD, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
(NKJ)

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus changed which Spirit to follow.

Old testament

Isa 63:11-12
11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
(KJV)

new testament

John 16:7-8
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)
He sure did. One of the things He changed concerned drinking blood. The OT forbids the drinking of blood, but in John 6, the Lord teaches us that we MUST drink blood, namely His blood, which is what the Church does each time she celebrates the Eucharist. His new testament teaching on blood in particular is why John 6:66 KJV happened, as far as I can tell.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He sure did. One of the things He changed concerned drinking blood. The OT forbids the drinking of blood, but in John 6, the Lord teaches us that we MUST drink blood, namely His blood, which is what the Church does each time she celebrates the Eucharist. His new testament teaching on blood in particular is why John 6:66 KJV happened, as far as I can tell.

I said
Do you know that is a parable?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What do you think the parable is in John 6?

I said

[Jhn 6:64-68
64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66 From that [time] many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. Out of your own ignorant mouth you explained it. There can be two laws. In England they drive on the left side of the road. In America we drive on the right side of the road. Both ways exist. Just like in the bible one can live by the old testament and be called a Jew. While others can live by the new testament and be called Christians. We didn't destroy englands way of driving. And they didn't destroy our way of driving.

Oh sorry...I thought you understood all believers were going to end up in the same place...driving on streets of gold...

So yes both laws exist but you do realize they are seperate places yes?...over seperate jurisdictions...

Just like you and your “do what you want law/every day any day is Sabbath” law will end up in one place and then the other place is where “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

Funny how Paul describes believers as neither Jew nor Gentile in Him...but a citizen of Israel...which of course has rules as it is a kingdom and His Law is the house rules...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh sorry...I thought you understood all believers were going to end up in the same place...driving on streets of gold...

So yes both laws exist but you do realize they are seperate places yes?...over seperate jurisdictions...

Just like you and your “do what you want law/every day any day is Sabbath” law will end up in one place and then the other place is where “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

Funny how Paul describes believers as neither Jew nor Gentile in Him...but a citizen of Israel...which of course has rules as it is a kingdom and His Law is the house rules...

I said
ROFLOL you really are an idiot.

Idolater

It remains “here are they that keep the Law of Yah”
John 6:28-29 KJV

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Reduced to resorting to name calling...typical

It remains “here are they that keep the Law of Yah”

I said
lolol What name calling. Idiot is a biblical term. Your not even a Christian, that is what makes you an idiot. If you were a Christian you would know that. You cant be a Christian and hold onto the old testament. You have bits and pieces of the new testament which is not enough to judge with.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Law itself was NEVER changed, but its content was magnified in the hearts of the believers.

I said
You to. When Jesus says "you have heard(old testament) but I say(new testament. That is a change. But even the word says. What I don't understand is why some people just cant believe what is written.

[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

[Mat 5:21-32
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny. 27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Idolater

The Law itself was NEVER changed, but its content was magnified in the hearts of the believers.
But Abraham believed in Christ. He saw Christ's day and was glad, and he believed in God being able to raise the dead. Abraham didn't know what was going to happen when Christ came, almost two thousand years after Abraham, but Abraham was all ready to believe in Christ, in what he already did believe almost two thousand years before Christ. Nothing would have prevented Abraham from believing in Christ, whenever he first heard the Gospel that He is risen. As soon as Abraham actually heard the Gospel, he definitely believed the Gospel---that instant.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But Abraham believed in Christ. He saw Christ's day and was glad, and he believed in God being able to raise the dead. Abraham didn't know what was going to happen when Christ came, almost two thousand years after Abraham, but Abraham was all ready to believe in Christ, in what he already did believe almost two thousand years before Christ. Nothing would have prevented Abraham from believing in Christ, whenever he first heard the Gospel that He is risen. As soon as Abraham actually heard the Gospel, he definitely believed the Gospel---that instant.

I said
Before, and after.

keypurr

I said
You to. When Jesus says "you have heard(old testament) but I say(new testament. That is a change. But even the word says. What I don't understand is why some people just cant believe what is written.

[Heb 7:12

[Mat 5:21-32
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny. 27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Yep, he came to magnify the LAW.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

keypurr

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

keypurr

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.