ECT Jerry's 'unaware of death' theory flops in John

Interplanner

Jerry needs to prove that his theory is supported in John. I find Christ and his sacrifice for sin so that the believer is not condemned to be all through John.

john w

Hall of Fame
I heard tell he's bought his-self Morton's store.

Gonna turn it into The Mayberry Endless Book o the Month Club.

Free readins by Floyd.

Floyd would be giving his lecture, on the weather, and Calvin Coolidge. This interloper dude would have a "5 commentary" store-like Floyd's "3 chair" clip joint.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry needs to prove that his theory is supported in John.

I believe that John makes it plain that the "good news" (gospel) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, results in life for those who believe it:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

Can you understand that?

God's Truth

I believe that John makes it plain that the "good news" (gospel) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, results in life for those who believe it:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

Can you understand that?

Believe WHAT about the Christ?

Believe that his blood atones for our sins.

Sins that we repent of doing.

Interplanner

lol, that's after the event, too!

You don't know what you are saying. The Christ was not other than the suffering servant, unless you are going to validate the hiddenness of the veil AFTER Christ had come, which is like have 2 wives and not letting either of them know the other exists. How long do you think you can keep that up?

Can you understand that?

john w

Hall of Fame

You don't know what you are saying. The Christ was not other than the suffering servant, unless you are going to validate the hiddenness of the veil AFTER Christ had come, which is like have 2 wives and not letting either of them know the other exists. How long do you think you can keep that up?

Can you understand that?
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lieved-in-Mt-John-prior-to-the-dbr&highlight=

God's Truth

Can you understand that?

Now that is really tapping into JS's absurdity.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry needs to prove that his theory is supported in John. I find Christ and his sacrifice for sin so that the believer is not condemned to be all through John.

My theory can be understood and believed by anyone who will actually use their brain. Here we see the Twelve preaching a gospel:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"
(Lk.9:6).​

At that time the Twelve didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34) so they were not preaching the same gospel which Paul preached which was centered on the death of the Lord Jesus--that Christ died for our sins.

Despite these facts Interplanner wants us to believe that after preaching a gospel at Luke 9:6 all of the Apostles suddenly developed a case of Alzheimer's disease and that is why they all forgot that He was going to die!

Interplanner

My theory can be understood and believed by anyone who will actually use their brain. Here we see the Twelve preaching a gospel:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where"
(Lk.9:6).​

At that time the Twelve didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34) so they were not preaching the same gospel which Paul preached which was centered on the death of the Lord Jesus--that Christ died for our sins.

Despite these facts Interplanner wants us to believe that after preaching a gospel at Luke 9:6 all of the Apostles sud

denly developed a case of Alzheimer's disease and that is why they all forgot that He was going to die!

Jerry,
why is it I have presented the counter case to this and you have not answered any of it?

Your theory is totally bogus in John. You are not paying attention. His death is all through in John. You might have a point in the synoptics, but this is only if we in the 21st century are allowed to determine who knew what and when.

They obviously wrote after and reflectively, and they said they knew from the beginning, but they SUPPRESSED it.

Suppression/denial is not even in your vocab, or your awareness. You cannot suppress unless you already know.

Interplanner

I have answered it. I told you that your idea is ridiculous.

You are not factoring in suppression and denial. In fact, you are acting right now like Peter! Doesn't that ingrigue you? Denial always knows, but needs to control things. That's why it had to be 'hidden'--they would have tried like Peter or Caiaphas to prevent it or alter the outcome.

But we must back up. You are totally in error about John. In fact, you have completely neglected any details about John, and go back to your prooftext (in Luke) where everything is safe and comfortable. I see half of what you mean about the synoptics, but the sacrifice for sin is all through John. In ch 3 is it specifically for saving a person from the condemnation of sin. How early is that?

You have to appreciate the 'rebuilding of a temple' in those times. You had one faction adoring Herod's monolith and you had the zealots and Qumran hoping God would smite the temple of Herod, considering it was corrupt. Enter Jesus saying he would rebuild in 3 days. What did you do in a temple? Propitiation for sins. But he says he would do that in 3 days if they destroyed him. Gee, I wonder what he is talking about.

You have too little background and knowledge for your declarations.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

You are not factoring in suppression and denial. In fact, you are acting right now like Peter! Doesn't that ingrigue you? Denial always knows, but needs to control things. That's why it had to be 'hidden'--they would have tried like Peter or Caiaphas to prevent it or alter the outcome.

But we must back up. You are totally in error about John. In fact, you have completely neglected any details about John, and go back to your prooftext where everything is safe and comfortable. I see half of what you mean about the synoptics, but the sacrifice for sin is all through John. In ch 3 is it specifically for saving a person from the condemnation of sin. How early is that?

You have to appreciate the 'rebuilding of a temple' in those times. You had one faction adoring Herod's monolith and you had the zealots and Qumran hoping God would smite the temple of Herod, considering it was corrupt. Enter Jesus saying he would rebuild in 3 days. What did you do in a temple? Propitiation for sins. But he says he would do that in 3 days if they destroyed him. Gee, I wonder what he is talking about.

You have too little background and knowledge for your declarations.

Wow, thanks Dr Phil