It's The Pastor: Haggard's the One Who Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sad thing is if he wanted to be a druggy gay pastor he could have been.
Might not have had 14,000 people in his congregation, but he could have kept it real.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Evee said:
No doubt homosexuality is unnatural I too have a hard time with the grossness of it.
I can pray for them until I am blue but they have to make the decision to change.
The decision should come before the crime happens.

Think about it for a second. In God's criminal code, the homo and the adulterer were put to death quickly, immediately many times. There was no time to change your behavior once one of those crimes was committed. The change must happen after the first tempting thoughts.

Of course, if they were being put to death immediately after the crime, there'd be less of them trying it.

Evee, instead of praying for them, judge them. That's what God wants. Rarely, if ever, are we told in God's word to pray for the wicked. Rather, we are instructed to pray for the righteous, that we may be strong ambassadors and judges.
Phillipians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment;

MrRyanPeters

Merfbliff said:
So is walking in a Gay Parade enough evidence to convict someone to death? (in your neo-nazi fairy land, I mean) Or must they first commit the act? Then you're back to square one, you have to send police into the bedrooms of every home in America to check marraige licences. Get REAL! If God wanted homosexuals dead, he would've listened to Benny Hinn and killed them all by fire in '85 or whatever.

It's clear that "sense" is something you are lacking.

In Most cases, all you have to do is look at the guy's mouth the way it has become shaped,you can tell he is gay. Then if there is a doubt when he talks, he can't hide the phony girly talk.

aharvey

Adambassador said:
So, why is it that I can only think of two contrasts, yet think of multiple comparisons, and yet judge homos more frequently than adulterers?

The answer is number two in the contrast section. Most people think homos are gross. I think even homos think homos are gross. Everyone knows it's unnatural, just like everyone knows there is a God.
Adambassador,

Thank you, at least, for being more upfront than some.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
aharvey said:
Adambassador,

Thank you, at least, for being more upfront than some.
Are you insinuating I am not being honest with you?

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't make it any less honest.

aharvey

Knight said:
Are you insinuating I am not being honest with you?

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't make it any less honest.
Oho, it's not like the TOL faithful are shy about impuning the motivations or the honesty of others! The difference is that I at least make an effort to establish my case before asserting it!

And in any case, I'm not assuming that you are being dishonest with me. It is human nature to explain themselves in the most benighted way possible, would you not agree? Thus I don't simply assume that people's motives are as glorious or innocent as they may say, or think, nor do I assume that they are as base and evil as their opponents may say, or think.

You may continue to assert, and you may well believe (and you may well be right) that the reason you personally spend so much more mental (and whatever other) energy attacking homosexuals than adulterers is simply because they, unlike adulterers, are attempting to claim rights that have been denied them. But that's such an awkward and weak position, and there are so many other much more compelling explanations around, that I seriously doubt that it is the general explanation.

And to be sure I'm a bit skeptical that your explanation applies even to you (this incidentally does not mean I think you're lying to me). If all homosexual activism stopped, would you shut up too? Or would you start working towards the next step, recriminalization of homosexuality, hopefully making it a capital crime?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
aharvey said:
You may continue to assert, and you may well believe (and you may well be right) that the reason you personally spend so much more mental (and whatever other) energy attacking homosexuals than adulterers is simply because they, unlike adulterers, are attempting to claim rights that have been denied them. But that's such an awkward and weak position, and there are so many other much more compelling explanations around, that I seriously doubt that it is the general explanation.
And if that were the bulk of my argument I might agree with you.

Yet you miss the big picture.

Homosexuality gets the lion share of attention because homosexuality is at the forefront of a political movement. It isn't only about rights and special rights but amendments to the constitution, battles in school districts, battles in local courts, characters in movies and TV, platforms for candidates and political parties, etc. etc. etc. Homosexual issues have crept into EVERY aspect of our daily lives. Adultery gets less attention because it does not force itself upon us like the homosexual movement does.

Adultery is evil, I know of no Christian who thinks otherwise. However, it just doesn't get the attention because it isn't getting shoved in our face like the homosexual movement is.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who made it a bigger issue: those who outlawed this behavior or those who fought against its prohibition?

aharvey

Knight said:
And if that were the bulk of my argument I might agree with you.

Yet you miss the big picture.
Sorry, I"m only working with what you give me.

Knight said:
Homosexuality gets the lion share of attention because homosexuality is at the forefront of a political movement. It isn't only about rights and special rights
I've asked you twice before about these "special rights." Repeating the claim does not actually provide more information about the claim.
Knight said:
but amendments to the constitution,
You mean like the ones that ban gay marriage?
Knight said:
battles in school districts, battles in local courts, characters in movies and TV, platforms for candidates and political parties, etc. etc. etc. Homosexual issues have crept into EVERY aspect of our daily lives.
I'm glad to see you're not prone to hyperbole in critical situations.
Knight said:
Adultery gets less attention because it does not force itself upon us like the homosexual movement does.

Adultery is evil, I know of no Christian who thinks otherwise. However, it just doesn't get the attention because it isn't getting shoved in our face like the homosexual movement is.
You're just repeating yourself. And after all this time, you still don't see the irony of embracing the idea that you are attacking the mote because it makes more noise than the beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.