Banned
"Chicks rock."
url
~ John W. Jer 7:6 GW

Flashback:

Brigitte Bardot’s repeated convictions for inciting racial hatred

Last edited:

Selaphiel

in texas, seventeen bystanders with concealed carry permits would have ended those scumbags

Always easy to make comments like that after the fact when you weren't even there, isn't it? French police carry weapons, two police died and the terrorists got away.
This was a highly coordinated attack. From what I read, the entire thing was over in about 5 minutes. My guess is that this terrorist act was a coordinated attack by people who had military training.

shagster01 said:
Nah. All religion is equally bad. These muslims are as bad as the enquisition, crusades, witch burnings, genocide of the natives by "missionaries", et all, for sure.

I think you know a bit better than this.

First of all, to analyze terrorist acts like these or groupings like al-Qaida or IS as purely religious groups is simplistic and insufficient. Secondly, it makes no sense to compare these acts to institutions and events that took place hundreds of years ago in a completely different socio-political and cultural contexts. Thirdly, the inquisition, witch burning and the crusades were not religious acts either, they were serving the secular powers and interests as well (in fact, the inquisition was a precursor to due process and they were highly critical of much of the nonsense going on in so called witch trials, that was often carried out by lay people).

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Always easy to make comments like that after the fact when you weren't even there, isn't it?

yes it is

so what?

French police carry weapons, two police died and the terrorists got away.

the terrorists knew the cops were armed and targetted them

they also knew they could ignore the bystanders

with concealed carry - anybody could be a threat

This was a highly coordinated attack. From what I read, the entire thing was over in about 5 minutes.

in five minutes, seventeen people with concealed carry permits could send an awful lot of lead their way

This Charming Manc

didnt it work out that way at Boston?

you know all those other 12,00 murders a year in the U why don't handguinbs stop them?

Your a fantasist.

Anyway dreadful and evil murders, nothing but complete condemnation for them. It feels meaningless and pointless saying so, but worth saying just in case someone thinks i'm condoning terrorism.

Yeah, your concealed handgun will stop people with machine guns and grenade launchers?

You are an excellent shot, my man.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Cop's gun didn't do him much good.

It appears that they tend not to if you don't use them. :plain:

I don't know why that cop was either unarmed at the time or wasn't able to use his weapon...He was moving around....Maybe he was in shock or something? :idunno:

*EDIT: It appears that the French Municipal Police don't always carry arms....According to some eyewitness accounts the first two responders to show up were unarmed police who, understandably so, fled the scene when they saw what they were up against. :sigh: Maybe he was the third to show up and didn't get a chance to get out of there.

rexlunae

For the same reason the French gun laws didn't stop these killers from getting their hands on full auto AK's & anti-armor weapons.

I think that's the second big part of this story. There's going to need to be a push to crack down in the black market in banned weapons in France, and I'll be really interested to see where they got them.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I think that's the second big part of this story. There's going to need to be a push to crack down in the black market in banned weapons in France, and I'll be really interested to see where they got them.

I'd be surprised if they were able to find out for sure. :plain:

Selaphiel

It sucks what religion does to people.

This is a ridiculous statement, and I think you know it as well.

What exactly do you mean by religion in that sentence? If your terminology is so vague that you use the same word to explain the actions of someone like Frans of Assisi or Dirk Willems as you do explaining the actions of these three murderous cowards, then the word is utterly vacuous It explains nothing, it just becomes a cheap jab.

Because we all know that secular actors have never committed atrocities... :angel:

The fact that some channel their hatred through religion does not make the hatred religious per se, as if their hatred would disappear if they were secular.

Jose Fly

This is a ridiculous statement, and I think you know it as well.
Not really. Religion has a pretty well documented history.

What exactly do you mean by religion in that sentence?
Belief in gods and adherence to religious doctrines and dogma.

Because we all know that secular actors have never committed atrocities...
Never said they didn't.

The fact that some channel their hatred through religion does not make the hatred religious per se, as if their hatred would disappear if they were secular.
Religion gives people one more reason to hate each other, which leads to acts like these. Take away the religion and I can't think of any reason why these guys would attack a satirical paper. Only through the lens of religion does it make any sense at all.

The Berean

Attacks like this will only fuel anti-immigrant pro nationalist movements. Many native Europeans are already blaming France's "liberal" immigration policies for this attack.

Nazaroo

Religion gives people one more reason to hate each other, which leads to acts like these. Take away the religion and I can't think of any reason why these guys would attack a satirical paper. Only through the lens of religion does it make any sense at all.

Nonsense.

Buddhism doesn't inspire murder for instance.

And Christianity when fully expounded does not promote terrorism and lawlessness.

Judaism does not promote prosletyzing.

These are the "other" major religions of the world.

Only ONE "religion", which is really a paramilitary cult,
actually openly promotes military war and forced proselytization,
condones murder and invasion.

That paramilitary cult is Islam, and Islam alone.