Is your election unto eternal life sure?

Is your election unto eternal life sure?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

• Don't care

• Total voters

oatmeal

Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

According to you , yes it has,

However, according to scripture it has not. It will continue to be an ability of those who are saved until we see Jesus face to face. I Corinthians 13:10-12

I can see that you do not know me whatsoever, if you would make false accusations

oatmeal

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

So when are you going to list a scripture that says that tongues have ceased?

God's Truth

According to you , yes it has,

However, according to scripture it has not. It will continue to be an ability of those who are saved until we see Jesus face to face. I Corinthians 13:10-12

I can see that you do not know me whatsoever, if you would make false accusations

That scripture does not say tongues would cease when we see Jesus face to face. That scripture is about when the Bible is finished and all to be revealed is revealed. I can prove it easily by reminding you that no one can add to the Bible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nowhere in scripture does it sy htey have passed away.
If you look at the overall picture of the Bible, you'll see that once Paul shows up on the scene, the number of miracles being performed drops off significantly, and by the end of Acts, and certainly throughout Paul's writings, we see very few, if any, miracles being performed. We can reasonably argue that after the end of Acts, the faucet of miracles has been closed.

oatmeal

That scripture does not say tongues would cease when we see Jesus face to face. That scripture is about when the Bible is finished and all to be revealed is revealed. I can prove it easily by reminding you that no one can add to the Bible.

You need to see the context of I Corinthians 13:10-12 to make that call.

If you actually read the context of those verses, ie, I Corinthians 12-14, it is about spiritual matters, which includes speaking in tongues as well as other spiritual matters.

oatmeal

:
If you look at the overall picture of the Bible, you'll see that once Paul shows up on the scene, the number of miracles being performed drops off significantly, and by the end of Acts, and certainly throughout Paul's writings, we see very few, if any, miracles being performed. We can reasonably argue that after the end of Acts, the faucet of miracles has been closed.

Mark 9:23

Can you believe?

I can and I do.

God's Truth

You need to see the context of I Corinthians 13:10-12 to make that call.

If you actually read the context of those verses, ie, I Corinthians 12-14, it is about spiritual matters, which includes speaking in tongues as well as other spiritual matters.

That scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

oatmeal

Is Jesus love?

Does scripture teach that?

No, not is so few words.

However, since God his Father is love and the son always did the Father's will, then Jesus always loved.

Does that make him love? Not necessarily, but since he always loved you could make a case for that.

oatmeal

That scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

If you have not learned enough scripture to see that speaking in tongues is as real today as it was on the day of Pentecost, then you need to learn a lot more scripture like I had to do. No one's ignorance or wrong teaching negates the truths of God's word. It is profitable to speak in tongues when done as God commands

I speak in tongues, as God commands in I Corinthians 14:5

Since evidently, you do not, then you need to learn about speaking in tongues from scripture, from believers, not doubters, who have freaked out because they saw some people abuse a wonderful ability that God has given to very believer to use for their benefit and the benefit of others. God seeks such to worship Him.

When you decide you want to keep God's commandments in I Corinthians 14, then don't be surprised that God sends someone your way to teach you.

God's Truth

Does scripture teach that?

No, not is so few words.

However, since God his Father is love and the son always did the Father's will, then Jesus always loved.

Does that make him love? Not necessarily, but since he always loved you could make a case for that.

You went against me for making a case that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man. You spoke against me for doing that. But now you see that it is right and good. Jesus is love.

God's Truth

If you have not learned enough scripture to see that speaking in tongues is as real today as it was on the day of Pentecost, then you need to learn a lot more scripture like I had to do. No one's ignorance or wrong teaching negates the truths of God's word. It is profitable to speak in tongues when done as God commands

I speak in tongues, as God commands in I Corinthians 14:5

Since evidently, you do not, then you need to learn about speaking in tongues from scripture, from believers, not doubters, who have freaked out because they saw some people abuse a wonderful ability that God has given to very believer to use for their benefit and the benefit of others. God seeks such to worship Him.

When you decide you want to keep God's commandments in I Corinthians 14, then don't be surprised that God sends someone your way to teach you.

You speak falseness about the Truth, and you speak falseness about me. God didn't even give the gift of tongues to all the saved.

Tongues ceased. You were taught that copy cat tongues. Those who spoke tongues in the Bible times spoke it before and without knowing anything about it. That alone proves you are wrong about it.

oatmeal

You went against me for making a case that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man. You spoke against me for doing that. But now you see that it is right and good. Jesus is love.

Two different issues

Since Jesus Christ always did the Father's will Jesus Christ always loved.

Since God is love, and Jesus Christ and all born again believers are sons of God, you could say that believers are love as well.

However, Jesus Christ is not the Father, Jesus Christ, like born again believers are sons.