Is your election unto eternal life sure?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

• Don't care

• Total voters

Truster

Scriptures inform that making the calling and election sure is a duty and by such is a comfort, as all duties are.

If so how do you know?

The scripture "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of Elohim" is not an acceptable answer in this poll, because false spirits bear a counterfeit testimony. 41,000 protestant cults and denominations prove this to be so. As does the apostasy we now see manifested in every nation.

"Sure" is expanded in this sense to give the understanding of secure as an anchor in every storm. Like the one and only foundation that holds securely in the evil day.

oatmeal

Scriptures inform that making the calling and election sure is a duty and by such is a comfort, as all duties are.

If so how do you know?

The scripture "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of Elohim" is not an acceptable answer in this poll, because false spirits bear a counterfeit testimony. 41,000 protestant cults and denominations prove this to be so. As does the apostasy we now see manifested in every nation.

"Sure" is expanded in this sense to give the understanding of secure as an anchor in every storm. Like the one and only foundation that holds securely in the evil day.

The Spirit bears witness with my spirit is how I know.

If you don't like that scripture, that is too bad.

If you want to support your opinion with statistics rather than the word of God, then that is just too bad.

Truster

The Spirit bears witness with my spirit is how I know.

If you don't like that scripture, that is too bad.

If you want to support your opinion with statistics rather than the word of God, then that is just too bad.

If I wanted scriptures I would have asked for them. This is a matter of the experiential certainty. Nothing you say gives the impression that you have that certainty.

oatmeal

If I wanted scriptures I would have asked for them. This is a matter of the experiential certainty. Nothing you say gives the impression that you have that certainty.

Are you suggesting that scripture is not true?

If scripture, the word, the logos of God is not valid, why would the word of a man be valid?

Do you exalt the word of man above the word, the logos of God?

Say it isn't so.

The word of God is truth

Man has no truth of his own, the only truth man will ever have is the word of truth that he learns from the logos of God.

If you seek opinions and man's experience as truth, you will continue to be bitter and joyless the rest of your life. You will have built your house on sand.

What are you looking for?

Truster

Are you suggesting that scripture is not true?

If scripture, the word, the logos of God is not valid, why would the word of a man be valid?

Do you exalt the word of man above the word, the logos of God?

Say it isn't so.

The word of God is truth

Man has no truth of his own, the only truth man will ever have is the word of truth that he learns from the logos of God.

If you seek opinions and man's experience as truth, you will continue to be bitter and joyless the rest of your life. You will have built your house on sand.

What are you looking for?

I'm not saying any of those things. What I'm doing is proving that you have no experience of salvation. You squirm like a snake and even try and accuse me of anything to avoid admitting you can't give an account because you don't have one.

God's Truth

If anyone has to examine themselves, then they probably are not yet saved.

A saved person knows who lives inside of them, and they live through that Spirit.

God's Truth

I'm not saying any of those things. What I'm doing is proving that you have no experience of salvation. You squirm like a snake and even try and accuse me of anything to avoid admitting you can't give an account because you don't have one.

There are innocent people wrongly accused, but you are not one of them.

Truster

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 NIV

oatmeal

Sadly, you are not proving that whatsoever.

If anything you are just being a jerk who exalts experience above the logos of God.

However, I will rephrase your question so that it properly addresses the issue.

What have I believed of the word of God that indicates to me that I have eternal life?

First, I met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, thus received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

And the absolute proof that do have the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit is that I manifest the gift of holy spirit. Specifically, I speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues is impossible to do unless you have received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit.

That is the absolute proof.

Whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

God's Truth

Sadly, you are not proving that whatsoever.

If anything you are just being a jerk who exalts experience above the logos of God.

However, I will rephrase your question so that it properly addresses the issue.

What have I believed of the word of God that indicates to me that I have eternal life?

First, I met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, thus received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

And the absolute proof that do have the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit is that I manifest the gift of holy spirit. Specifically, I speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues is impossible to do unless you have received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit.

That is the absolute proof.

Whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Book, chapter and verse that says that tongues has ceased.

God's Truth

Book, chapter and verse that says that tongues has ceased.

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.