ECT Is there Law for the new covenant believer?

DAN P

The Ten Commandments are part of God's Law in the old covenant.

Hi and have you read Rom 13:8-10 is the FULNESS of the Law , the 10 commandments !!

Will you tell all why the 2 first commandments are not seen in Rom 13:8-10 ??:hammer::hammer:

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and have you read Rom 13:8-10 is the FULNESS of the Law , the 10 commandments !!

Will you tell all wht the 2 fist commandments are not seen in Rom 13:8-10 ??:hammer::hammer:

dan p

See Matthew 22:36-40 NASB.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In the new covenant do we obey God's commands?

Christian believers are in the new covenant, but not before there were Jewish believers in Jesus as the Messiah.

DAN P

As a Christian I know I am not to break or transgress God's Law and the commands found therein.

I am not under Law, but under grace.
n believer am to obey God's Law even in regard to the new covenant?

Hi , so what does New Covenant mean with a verse !!

dan p

oatmeal

As a Christian I know I am not to break or transgress God's Law and the commands found therein.

I am not under Law, but under grace.

Since God's Law ought to be written on my heart, and since there was a change of law in that now Christ is our priest, does this mean that I as a Christian believer am to obey God's Law even in regard to the new covenant?

If I am under the law of Christ or under the Law toward Christ, and not without the law of God, is this obedience to God or obedience to God's Law somehow, in that we are not to transgress God's Law? I don't think we should pretend to obey God's Law in order to win converts.

1 John 3:4 NASB.

We are not supposed to sin and we are supposed to obey God's commands.

The law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

"in Christ Jesus" means to live in fellowship with God and with His son and fellow believers, I John 1:3-4, by believing and doing what the epistles pertaining to grace have to say.

"the Spirit of life" refers to us utilizing that gift of pneuma hagion, I John 4:13, which is the gift of eternal life

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

"in Christ Jesus" means to live in fellowship with God and with His son and fellow believers, I John 1:3-4, by believing and doing what the epistles pertaining to grace have to say.

"the Spirit of life" refers to us utilizing that gift of pneuma hagion, I John 4:13, which is the gift of eternal life

These are all great verses.

The word law and the word spirit can be looked at as I believe there may be a different nuance of the word law being used here in Romans 8:2 NASB. I don't believe either reference in this verse is to the old covenant law.

DAN P

Are you speaking of Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB?

Hi , and No , but it will do !!
The one that explain it is just as good and it is in Ezek 36:24-38 !

It shows that the New Covenant is for Israel and how that covenant is inplemented and what it contains as doe Heb 8:8-13 , settles this n ISSUE !!

COVENANT / DIATHEKE is also a Translitered word and has many meaning !!

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and No , but it will do !!
The one that explain it is just as good and it is in Ezek 36:24-38 !

It shows that the New Covenant is for Israel and how that covenant is inplemented and what it contains as doe Heb 8:8-13 , settles this n ISSUE !!

COVENANT / DIATHEKE is also a Translitered word and has many meaning !!

dan p
The Ezekiel passage does not have the words new covenant in it.

The verses in the Hebrews passage you mention here are not quoting the Ezekiel passage.

I am not sure what you mean by saying covenant is a transliterated word. Can you explain what you believe to be transliterated and how?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

The word law and the word spirit can be looked at as I believe there may be a different nuance of the word law being used here in Romans 8:2 NASB. I don't believe either reference in this verse is to the old covenant law.

For sure the first reference to the word law in this verse is not referring to the old covenant.

DAN P

The Ezekiel passage does not have the words new covenant in it.

The verses in the Hebrews passage you mention here are not quoting the Ezekiel passage.

I am not sure what you mean by saying covenant is a transliterated word. Can you explain what you believe to be transliterated and how?

Hi and you believe that Jer 31:33 is different than Ezek 36:26 ??

dan p:bang::bang:

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and you believe that Jer 31:33 is different than Ezek 36:26 ??

dan p:bang::bang:

dan p

Yes. You said it refers to the new covenant and that you are not referring to Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB, though I know I was. The (words) new covenant is (are) spoken of in the Jeremiah passage but these words are not found in your passage.

oatmeal

Not directly.

But when we remember what Romans 13:10 tells us, it is a reference to the OT law.

We are not under the OT law, yet love fulfills it, without being bound by or subject to the OT law for justification or righteousness.

Galatians 3:21

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not directly.

But when we remember what Romans 13:10 tells us, it is a reference to the OT law.

We are not under the OT law, yet love fulfills it, without being bound by or subject to the OT law for justification or righteousness.

Galatians 3:21

Great verses here.

Romans 8:3-4 NASB.