Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Zeke

Alexander Wilder (Article on Evolution) says that "such men as Irenaeus, Epiphanius and Eusebius have transmitted to posterity a reputation for such untruth and dishonest practices that the heart sickens at the story of the crimes of that period." A commentator adds: "the more so, since the whole Christian scheme rests upon their sayings." It is quite possible--and lamentably so--that Massey’s bitter words are entirely sane and true, that the "Christian scheme (as it is aptly called) in the New Testament is a fraud, founded on a fable in the Old." There is a letter written by one of the most respected Fathers of the Church, St. Gregory of Nazianzen to Jerome, which reveals in pretty clear light the early Church’s policy of deception. Gregory wrote to his friend and confident, Jerome, as follows: "Nothing can impose better on the people than verbiage; the less they understand, the more they admire. Our Fathers and Doctors have often said, not what they thought, but what circumstances and necessity forced them to." Ominous indeed is Massey’s serious indictment of Christianity’s early duplicity in one of his lectures: "And when Eusebius recorded his memorable boast that he had virtually made ‘all square’ for the Christians, it was an ominous announcement of what had been done to keep out of sight the mythical and mystical rootage of historic Christianity. The Gnostics had been muzzled and their extant evidence as far as possible masked. He and his co-conspirators had done their worst in destroying documents and effacing the tell-tale records of the past, to prevent the future from learning what the bygone ages could have said directly for themselves. They made dumb all Pagan voices that would have cried aloud their testimony against the unparalleled imposture then being perfected in Rome.

popsthebuilder

Alexander Wilder (Article on Evolution) says that "such men as Irenaeus, Epiphanius and Eusebius have transmitted to posterity a reputation for such untruth and dishonest practices that the heart sickens at the story of the crimes of that period." A commentator adds: "the more so, since the whole Christian scheme rests upon their sayings." It is quite possible--and lamentably so--that Massey’s bitter words are entirely sane and true, that the "Christian scheme (as it is aptly called) in the New Testament is a fraud, founded on a fable in the Old." There is a letter written by one of the most respected Fathers of the Church, St. Gregory of Nazianzen to Jerome, which reveals in pretty clear light the early Church’s policy of deception. Gregory wrote to his friend and confident, Jerome, as follows: "Nothing can impose better on the people than verbiage; the less they understand, the more they admire. Our Fathers and Doctors have often said, not what they thought, but what circumstances and necessity forced them to." Ominous indeed is Massey’s serious indictment of Christianity’s early duplicity in one of his lectures: "And when Eusebius recorded his memorable boast that he had virtually made ‘all square’ for the Christians, it was an ominous announcement of what had been done to keep out of sight the mythical and mystical rootage of historic Christianity. The Gnostics had been muzzled and their extant evidence as far as possible masked. He and his co-conspirators had done their worst in destroying documents and effacing the tell-tale records of the past, to prevent the future from learning what the bygone ages could have said directly for themselves. They made dumb all Pagan voices that would have cried aloud their testimony against the unparalleled imposture then being perfected in Rome.
I'm sorry; are you speaking of the misdirection of the masses through the words and deeds of ancient men, or are you trying to say that the bible is in error due to such?

I don't think it is the latter; just wanted clarification. It almost came off as a rant.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Zeke

I'm sorry; are you speaking of the misdirection of the masses through the words and deeds of ancient men, or are you trying to say that the bible is in error due to such?

I don't think it is the latter; just wanted clarification. It almost came off as a rant.

The point being made is that Mythology,Allegory,symbolism,types and shadows, portrayals dramatized through parabolic stories that predated the Roman clergy making them into history along with questionable authorship of these ancient teachings causing the same scenario that makes the kingdom some future realm and not in man Matt 23:13 Luke 17:20-21 . Psalms 78 tells its reader the OT was made up of such stories Gal 4:24, the early beliefs being a variety that didn't preach a historic version but a more esoteric Christ, if you want to believe in the human sacrifice that wasn't circulated has the exceptable dogma until the third century by Rome, that's your choice but it one I no longer accept Psalms 40:6.

The Bible has enough hints to its intent that still makes it a valuable asset, but inerrancy isn't one of its virtues especially when made into dead letter secularism 2Cor 3:6, Hebrews 6:1-5.

popsthebuilder

The point being made is that Mythology,Allegory,symbolism,types and shadows, portrayals dramatized through parabolic stories that predated the Roman clergy making them into history along with questionable authorship of these ancient teachings causing the same scenario that makes the kingdom some future realm and not in man Matt 23:13 Luke 17:20-21 . Psalms 78 tells its reader the OT was made up of such stories Gal 4:24, the early beliefs being a variety that didn't preach a historic version but a more esoteric Christ, if you want to believe in the human sacrifice that wasn't circulated has the exceptable dogma until the third century by Rome, that's your choice but it one I no longer accept Psalms 40:6.

The Bible has enough hints to its intent that still makes it a valuable asset, but inerrancy isn't one of its virtues especially when made into dead letter secularism 2Cor 3:6, Hebrews 6:1-5.
I wasn't saying it couldn't be misleading but was trying to hint that the truth is within it's pages regardless of what man did.

All things are to the eventual glory of GOD. That's all. Thanks for clearing it up.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit Light informing soul of one cosmic origin and destiny...............

Spirit Light informing soul of one cosmic origin and destiny...............

That psychosis was one of many fear based threats to keep the sheep inline, nothing like fear and guilt to control the masses which is the preventive virus that keeps their minds closed to anything other than Bible good everything else bad, the funny part I've been accused of being new age when all I did was use scripture they can't handle, Psalms 78 pretty much supports Galatians 4:24, yet to acknowledge that would mean they have been duped all their life's into reading by the dead letters surface meanings that Paul refutes as milk drinker's stuck on the first elements of the scriptures teachings, worshipping what they should have realized was actually a paradoxical story about them, yet prefer to let someone else own that birthright and stay in bondage Gal 4:1 to the first elements Hebrews 6:1-5 of the teachings that was watered down for the natural mind to learn base spiritual truth through fable and allegory that were portrayals Gal 3:1-5 not literal, but you try and take that bone away and they will bark and bite, even kill for Rome's god and country.

Indeed,...it is a bit revolutionary the gospel of Paul, leaving the old covenant of circumcision and all the mosaic rituals in the dustbin of the past, allegorizing all those old types, shadows and patterns into a spiritual Christ, who is now a life giving spirit, who indwells the soul of man, and is being formed in man, molded into the 'new creation', the 'new adam' (adam kadmon),...so all goes back to the original image and likeness of God, which is what MAN is. - hence man is the represenation of God, the individual personification, form, archetype, the very glory of God! We are 'God' individualized, the potential of God in-form-ation.

We as the new creation are the body of the Christos on earth, the tabernacle of the unknown God, vessels carrying the most sacred and holy 'unction' in the cosmos. The logos of divinity, the incorruptible seed of Deity is planted by prophecy into the soil of man. - Types, shadows, patterns, images, forms, symbols...are only descriptions, pointers, figurative emblems. - only the essence, spirit, spark of life itself, avails....as the vessel of the soul-body prepares for the unction and newbirth from above.

Believers in the 'Bible Only' like to organize, format and then formalize their own brand upon a codex of many different books, variously ascribed, redacted and pro-rated so to speak. Its a potpourri of sundry ideas, beliefs, concepts, symbols from many different time periods, cultural melt-downs, and tribal weddings, that such a tapestry is sure to produce a wide array of different sects with varying doctrines, and so it is today. A book gives no soul life, neither does paper and pen have power to grant life, let alone inspire it, unless the words can serve the Spirit, and such translation or interpreations can afford. This is recognized by all spiritualists, who have any spiritual discernment, experience or knowledge about the subject at hand. Spirit ALONE is LIFE. - out of the essence of Spirit, we have 'being' and 'consciousness',...and all else derives from this essence, all substancess, forms, appearances. One cannot piecemeal, dissect, compartmentalize the infinite Spirit, all one can do is allow Spirit to be what it IS, and allow its breath and light to inform, inspire and illuminate.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Even with the travesty of deception, forgery, and creative fiction,...the value of myth, metaphor and symbols still holds, which is what more ancient pagan religion and astro-theology of the magi intimated long before Christianity ever arose to evolve its own cult-ure and ethos, out of the womb of so many other ingrafted schools and traditions. About all that matters is a Christ-spirit, potency and spark of divinity can sprout and grow in man, and he can become 'perfect' even as his heavenly Father is perfect, and therefore continue to grow, evolve and progress into God-like perfection and character, unfolding his divine potential and creativity into eternity. - all religious systems are just different program formats and mythologies archetyping this eternal journey of the soul.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Universal......many particulars extending in creative expression......

One Universal......many particulars extending in creative expression......

I wasn't saying it couldn't be misleading but was trying to hint that the truth is within it's pages regardless of what man did.

All things are to the eventual glory of GOD. That's all. Thanks for clearing it up.

In foresight, I'm sure there was a 'rant' hidden in there somewhere :) - some 'rants' are justified.

It remains that none here can prove the Bible is the ONLY word of truth, wisdom, or inspiration from SOURCE, when the omnipresence of DEITY pervades all space, - this includes all dispensations, religious traditions, schools, persons, places, worlds, aeons, etc. The very truth of infinity, completely blows any concept of an 'inerrancy of one religious tome sanctioned by a particular cult, as God's sole oracle, let alone that God wrote a collection of books with his own hands'. Not even the man Jesus left us any writing. - we only have records of story tellers.

It remains then for each person to learn, discover and research for himself that great treasury of the worlds religious literature, and not claim exclusivity or specialness of his own belief-system, when the infinite Spirit speaks an infinitude of languages, and is the universal center and circumfrence of all.

popsthebuilder

In foresight, I'm sure there was a 'rant' hidden in there somewhere :) - some 'rants' are justified.

It remains that none here can prove the Bible is the ONLY word of truth, wisdom, or inspiration from SOURCE, when the omnipresence of DEITY pervades all space, - this includes all dispensations, religious traditions, schools, persons, places, worlds, aeons, etc. The very truth of infinity, completely blows any concept of an 'inerrancy of one religious tome sanctioned by a particular cult, as God's sole oracle, let alone that God wrote a collection of books with his own hands'. Not even the man Jesus left us any writing. - we only have records of story tellers.

It remains then for each person to learn, discover and research for himself that great treasury of the worlds religious literature, and not claim exclusivity or specialness of his own belief-system, when the infinite Spirit speaks an infinitude of languages, and is the universal center and circumfrence of all.
All I'm trying to say is that error by the hand of man for the misdirection of the masses can only ever work towards GODS will.

I am not saying any one book is without human error or bias in some form, but that nothing whatsoever can detour our GOD from HIS will for HIS creation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All I'm trying to say is that error by the hand of man for the misdirection of the masses can only ever work towards GODS will.

I am not saying any one book is without human error or bias in some form, but that nothing whatsoever can detour our GOD from HIS will for HIS creation.

I agree, since 'God' is the only absolute and sole reality existing :) - while a core reality exists at the heart of all that is, all 'else' is but some abstraction, distortion, expression or diversified extension out from that divine source. - hence we have all the variations of light and darkness, the colour spectrum.

Zeke

This is the foundation just about every Trinitarian denomination in the west builds their spiritual brand of truth on from a third century dictate, the stuff legends are born from which is what this doctrinal Statues is about, no other faithful followers centuries prior and later that held various positions unfavorable to this dubious creed were considered valid any more to the self appointed religious hierarchy that made history out of parable.

The fact that Rome owns the west is easy to trace through genocidal conversion policy that would be the envy of any dictatorial regime, they hold a western monopoly on conversion for years and still do by foundational agreement with her step children that say their not connected but that's willful blindness.

its certainly been a shadow of truth ever since.

Nicene Creed.

We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, begotten from the Father before all ages, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made; of the same essence as the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven; he became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary, and was made human. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried. The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will never end. And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life. He proceeds from the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. He spoke through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and to life in the world to come. Amen.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi marhig,

Any book can be more or less inspired, yet the truth that the INFINITE cannot be limited to one book, much less one personality, school, cult, tradition, form or fancy....still holds :) - my former commentary addresses the subject and many of its nuances, unchallenged by most here, who simply share their BELIEF as its own testimony of 'truth', an opinion, assumption or some preferred attestation agreeing with their own 'faith' that it is so. As I've shared however, what one deems as 'truth' maybe more or less subject to their own biases, even if there is some genuine 'religious experience' that accompanies their claim of exclusivity of a particular book or tradition. I'll say that a universal reality is at the heart of all human experience, and that subject we call 'God' can be more or less manipulated, altered or modified to fit our own preferred image or format. But perhaps I digress......

No matter how much faith you place in written words or books, its still the Spirit ALONE that gives life, or more rather IS life, so that all that any writing needs to be to be of value is accurate enough to CONVEY some meaningful information, concepts or principles, that these are then relayed to the mind which then allows for Spirit to teach, enlighten or instruct. Only as the soul opens to the Spirit is there any positive effect in translating spiritual truths, ideas and fruit, for the soul to profit thereby.

Indeed,....as you know I've challenged the 'blood atonement' concept by its own illogic on principle alone, let alone other inconsistencies with a penal concept of payback, where more valid concepts of 'atonement' via simple repentance and returning to God with a penitent heart and contrite spirit are sufficient unto themselves to effect 'reunion' with Deity. (no need for senseless bloodshed or suffering of another, when the law of karma itself effects its own opportunity to right wrongs and make amends for ones behavior. No one else has to suffer for you, as you are responsible for your own sins and salvation, ultimately. Sure all is granted thru grace, thats because God is love, of course, but this never negates the principle of self-responsibility).

Love does not exact or require punishment upon any soul, but does provide all that is essential for absolution, forgivenesss, compelete restoration. The emblems of 'blood' and 'water' are figurative of course as is much in religious writing, which a basic course in metaphysics would do anyone good, to impress the mind to see the estoric meanings behind exoteric forms.

The One Universal Reality not limited to space or time, is radiant in his omnipresence thru-out all space and time and this INCLUDES all races, cultures, schools, traditions, religious books, etc. The infinite includes all and outshines all, in its own radiance, and there is nowhere God is not, even if you assume a shadow is some absence of light, it is really not, but a contrast of form or seeming appearance or illusion.

All that matters at the end of the day of any value is IF your preferred or chosen religious writings provides a real service to you and humanity, for the meaning and value it conveys, and what spiritual fruit and good that can actually PRODUCE.

That still don't change the fact that Christ is the cap stone, baby.

All those others cannot surpass Him.

Matter of fact neither can they equal Him.

In this dispensation Jesus is the Master.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Putting a 'cap' on it ........

Putting a 'cap' on it ........

That still don't change the fact that Christ is the cap stone, baby.

All those others cannot surpass Him.

Matter of fact neither can they equal Him.

In this dispensation Jesus is the Master.

Yes,...the 'Christ' is the 'capstone', the firstborn, archetypal and prototypal primal MAN (first, second Adam), which also the 'Adam-kadmon' represents :)

'Other' avatars, prophets and manifestations of 'God' still have their place, from within the 'God-matrix', as extensions of the CHRIST ;)

All dispensations are 'christ-dispensations' insomuch as they are radiations of the universal logos, the primordial wisdom and divine science, whether in substance, principle, form or some personification.

At the end of the day, even to Paul who did not know any Jesus-Man in the flesh, referred to a celestial Jesus figure, a spiritual 'Christ' who was a life-giving spirit,...that 'spirit' in man being an esoteric mystery,...."Christ in you, the hope of glory". This 'Christ' transcends any physical gospel version of a man 'Jesus' embellished in the gospel accounts and points us to the inner Christos, who in our members is being formed in us, an incorporal reality (as process and transformation), although indwelling these mortal bodies, of course.

The historical Christ narrative or "myth" is but the skeleton or scaffolding in which allegorical truths, meanings and values are enfleshed (the logos made flesh), a story made to 'suit' or 'describe' the inner workings of the spirit in the soul of man.

Any book or writing, ancient or modern that is inspired or illumined to any degree to describe or illustrate the divine process or transformation of spirit in the soul of man, is useful to man, no matter the tradition or language employed. - it is all 'relative' anyways, within any given context and has value only within the meaning or truth that can be recognized therein.

popsthebuilder

Here is a singular verse that shows that the Christ is GOD alone; that is to say that the Spirit that filled the man Jesus was the Spirit of GOD; and that the Quran verifies this though none will care to believe it as they would rather divide and attempt to drstroy based on false precontexts.

regardless; peace

21:22. Had there been in them other gods beside Allâh, then surely both would have gone to ruin. Glorified then be Allâh the Lord of the Throne of power, far above what they attribute.

(This verse is also a repeat of the words of Jesus himself about satan's house against itself being causal of it's own fall)

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is a singular verse that shows that the Christ is GOD alone; that is to say that the Spirit that filled the man Jesus was the Spirit of GOD; and that the Quran verifies this though none will care to believe it as they would rather divide and destou based on false precontexts.

regardless; peace

21:22. Had there been in them other gods beside Allâh, then surely both would have gone to ruin. Glorified then be Allâh the Lord of the Throne of power, far above what they attribute.

(This verse is also a repeat of the words of Jesus himself about satan's house against itself being causal of it's own fall)

That does not say that Jesus is God unless you are saying that He is Allah.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Allah is Arabic for GOD.

Teaching Verse
Jesus was born of a virgin He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son. 20 She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed." (19:19-21, Yusif Ali)

And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples. (21:91, Yusif Ali)
Jesus strengthened with the Holy Spirit We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! (2:87, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was given revelation by Allah He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus taken bodily into Heaven Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was created The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus' Crucifixion That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)
Jesus is no more than a messenger of Allah O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:575, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was a miracle worker We have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa1 son of Marium2, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends. (2:253, Shakir)
Jesus, Son of Mary, did not say to worship himself or Mary And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116, Yusif Ali)
Allah sent the Gospel to Jesus
And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. (5:46, Yusif Ali)

Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors. (57:27, Yusif Ali)

You are cursed if you say Jesus is God's son The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus spoke as a child But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? 30 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet" (19:29-30, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus is Son of God Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is. (19:34-35, Yusif Ali)
Jesus is the Son of Mary And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant: (33:7, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was no more than a Servant When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people. 59 He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel. (43:57-59, Yusif Ali)
Jesus said to obey him When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me. (43:63, Yusif Ali)

From Carm.org

popsthebuilder

"Wisdom"

Thanks for continuing to verify that the Spirit of GOD was in the man Jesus via the Quran.

peace
TeachingVerse
Jesus was born of a virginHe said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son. 20 She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed." (19:19-21, Yusif Ali)

And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples. (21:91, Yusif Ali)
Jesus strengthened with the Holy SpiritWe gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! (2:87, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was given revelation by AllahHe said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus taken bodily into HeavenBehold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was createdThe similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus' CrucifixionThat they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)
Jesus is no more than a messenger of AllahO People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:575, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was a miracle workerWe have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa1 son of Marium2, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends. (2:253, Shakir)
Jesus, Son of Mary, did not say to worship himself or MaryAnd behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116, Yusif Ali)
Allah sent the Gospel to Jesus
And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. (5:46, Yusif Ali)

Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors. (57:27, Yusif Ali)

You are cursed if you say Jesus is God's sonThe Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus spoke as a childBut she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? 30 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet" (19:29-30, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus is Son of GodSuch (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is. (19:34-35, Yusif Ali)
Jesus is the Son of MaryAnd remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant: (33:7, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was no more than a ServantWhen (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people. 59 He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel. (43:57-59, Yusif Ali)
Jesus said to obey himWhen Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me. (43:63, Yusif Ali)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Wisdom"

Thanks for continuing to verify that the Spirit of GOD was in the man Jesus via the Quran.

peace

You have replied appropriately. The wisdom of god was in the MAN Jesus. He is not considered God by Muslims.