Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

(we see here that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of GOD and not some other spirit as opposed to GOD)

Psalm 51: 1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

Then even your gladness is without merit. I can quote from the law without putting myself under it. :AMR:

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments."

So you deny your own quotation of scripture?

Must I repeat myself? I can quote from the law without putting myself under it.

Would you like a scripture for that, Pops?

glorydaz

The grace brethren tend to stretch that term a wee bit when judging outside their dogmatic boundaries like all separatist do, All things being in Christ to them falls into the calvinistic beliefs system where their god died for all trapped in the electoral box, kinda dark in there except for a sliver of light, not much light to build on but bless their hearts they strive to make it so.

We preach the Gospel to those still in darkness. That is more than a sliver of light.

popsthebuilder

I could, but how "loving" would it be for me to abandon such fools to their folly?

Yeah, you'd better since what you just said makes no sense. Show me how you think I'm wrong, this time.

She is ignorant, and she does promote what is false, and that's why I pointed it out.

So what is your gripe now, Pops?
Matthew 6: 1. Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4. That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

glorydaz

I would simply grant that God be God, and 'God' by nature is universal, timeless, prior, transcendental, INFINITE. - all 'else' entertained or speculated is wordplay. - in sponsoring 'creative dialogue', I encourage readers to research the relation of words to their inner and hidden meanings and values, and how they relate and reveal the substance behind the forms.

Right, dig into those words...that way you don't have to look up to the great God who created you. :chuckle:

God's Truth

showing us a new and living way and leaving us a perfect example to follow and the gospel to be preached everywhere, he obeyed the father until his last breath and satan couldn't touch him, once crucified, he left this body, and the father exalted him and set Christ at his right hand.
What you say should make people cringe.

Jesus CAME from heaven, his spirit IS the Spirit of God the Father come as a man's.
Jesus in the womb of his mother gave the Spirit to two people that we know of.
How do you ever get that he had to overcome his flesh?

Jesus was led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where he was tempted in all ways so that he could know what humans go through.

All spirits in heaven have the life of Christ with them, just like we all do once we are born of God. And just as we bring Christ to others in the flesh, the Spirit brings Christ into our heart and we are saved from this life of sin and death through our lord Jesus Christ by the power of the Spirit. If we are willing to lay down our lives, become a living sacrifice and obey the living God, living by his will daily and then Christ will help us to overcome.

You are in major error. Jesus' spirit as a man is the Spirit of God. Jesus IS the Christ. Jesus didn't become the Christ, he came AS THE CHRIST.

popsthebuilder

Must I repeat myself? I can quote from the law without putting myself under it.

Would you like a scripture for that, Pops?
No thank you.

I don't care too much for your opinion on the law because you seem to divide the law of the Spirit or set it aside as if it isn't written on the hearts and minds of the believer, or is, yet not to be heard or listened to or abided by.

So no thank you again. I won't be taking lessons on a subject that you seem to wholly attempt to negate in your own life.

God's Truth

You can spare yourself from it by leaving.

Praying in open for the sight of man is expressly spoken against.

Care for the scripture? If you percieve one to be truly ignorant then why the negativity towards them? Ignorance is not nearly as bad as knowingly promoting what is false.

What shame.

popsthebuilder

Yep, it's simple, oh man of the flesh, but it takes one who is spiritual to see it.

Do you need scripture for that?
No ma'am I am aware that those with a natural or askew understanding cannot grasp the most simple truths. What you said there was scriptural. What is baffling is that you agree that what I said was simple truth.

I don't think you have ever insinuated such about my words before.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Right, dig into those words...that way you don't have to look up to the great God who created you. :chuckle:

I am ever filled and surrounded in the omnipresence of 'God',..there is no way I could be seperate from the ONE and the ALL :)

glorydaz

Jesus obeyed so we have someone to obey.

:rotfl:

Do you really think that Jesus is going to live in your heart if you don't repent of your sins? He wouldn't have come to the Jews if John had not prepared the way with a baptism of repentance.

:popcorn:

Jesus gives the gift to those he chooses to give the gift.

:doh:

Paul said not to even help the poor widows unless they qualified by having only one husband, etc.

You fell for something a false teacher taught you and that was that.

Check that poor widow's creds before you give her a bite of food, people. :devil:

glorydaz

Matthew 6: 1. Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4. That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Just pick any verse and pretend like it answers.....I've seen this from you many times. :nono:

popsthebuilder

Just pick any verse and pretend like it answers.....I've seen this from you many times. :nono:
You said to show scripture showing that what you did (prayed to GOD in the open for the sight of man) was wrong.

I showed it.

It again is simple truth you are contending with. It is a loosing battle friend.

glorydaz

Jesus says it in the Bible.

You say I am not saved. Jesus says you are judged the way you judge.

That means you will be judged as such.

No, that is not what it means.

You've said this same thing for years.

Total foolishness on your part.

Unfortunately, you remain under the schoolmaster, and are not yet able to "judge all things".