Is death just another life?

way 2 go

Jesus was the Word made flesh.
so you admit Jesus is God and existed before he was made flesh ?
When the Word did exist,
Jesus is God and the Word and always existed
so what are you talking about?
Jesus will eventually be one with God again,
Jesus is God , again what are you talking about ?
Clete said Jesus was God, and I corrected him.
really , how , by saying Jesus is, was , and always will be God ?

way 2 go

What's your point (in this thread, that is)?
in the beginning of this thread you seemed to be exploring a heterodox theory

now it looks like more you have adopted the heretical lie

you don't believe the continued existence of the spirit\soul outside the body after physical death
(Acts 23:8) For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees confess both

God created us with a spirit so we can worship him in spirit , God's spirit and our is not simply breath
that would be a foolish interpretation
(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after our likeness
(John 4:24) God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Samuel was a spirit and
if we start using your logic could we not reject Jesus as God ? why ?
(serious question btw: you are rejecting all the evidence of a spirits continued existence after death and claiming there is no evidence.)

she could see Samuel first because of her ability to see spirits
Saul asked "What is his form?" as he could not see Samuel yet.

Saul could only see & hear Samuel when he surfaced , Saul answered Samuel's question that was directed at Saul.

(I Samuel 28:14-15) [14] And he said to her, What is his form? And she said, An old man comes up, and he is covered with a cloak. And Saul saw that it was Samuel, and he bowed his face to the ground, and prostrated himself. [15] And Samuel said to Saul, Why have you disturbed me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am grievously distressed, for the Philistines are warring against me. And God has left me and does not answer me any more, neither by prophets nor by dreams. And I have called you so that you may make known to me what I should do.
no angels were seen and more like 👇than Peter
Peter and James saw and heard Moses and Elijah spirits
(Matthew 17:3) And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah talking with Him.

God is God of the living but you don't believe that
(Matthew 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not God of the dead, but of the living

Jesus didn't resurrect Moses and Elijah and then murder them.
the bible didn't say they were resurrected ,that absurd argument
would make Moses the first resurrected from the dead and not Jesus
(Matthew 17:7-8) [7] And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise and do not be terrified. [8] And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus alone.
(Acts 26:23) that Christ should suffer, that by a resurrection of the dead, He would be the first, going to proclaim light to the people and to the nations.

Hoping

Banned
Not to mention the original Greek, right?
I generally stay away from the "interpreters", as it always raises dissent.
I trust that God has had a hand in keeping His word pure in the KJV of the bible we already have.

Hoping

Banned
so you admit Jesus is God and existed before he was made flesh ?
I "admit" that the Word was God, but Jesus didn't exist until He was born of a woman.
Jesus is God and the Word and always existed
so what are you talking about?
You have your beliefs, and I have mine.
Jesus is God , again what are you talking about ?
really , how , by saying Jesus is, was , and always will be God ?
I serve one God, and also one Lord Jesus Christ.
They will again be one when "all things are subdued into God" again. (1 Cor 15:28)

Derf

How can you be so dumb when you have been shown this many times?

John 17:5 (KJV) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
What he's trying to say is that Jesus was the name given to the man-child born of Mary. We don't know if His name was Jesus before that.

Hoping

Banned
Jesus is referring
How can you be so dumb when you have been shown this many times?

John 17:5 (KJV) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Jesus is referring to the time when He was still the Word.

Hoping

Banned
What he's trying to say is that Jesus was the name given to the man-child born of Mary. We don't know if His name was Jesus before that.
Of course it wasn't.
Jesus was the Word, before He was born of a woman..

Derf

I generally stay away from the "interpreters", as it always raises dissent.
I trust that God has had a hand in keeping His word pure in the KJV of the bible we already have.
Capital W "word" is a interpretation, since the original Greek didn't have capitals.
I like the KJV, but there are other good translations, some better than others.

Derf

in the beginning of this thread you seemed to be exploring a heterodox theory

now it looks like more you have adopted the heretical lie
When did it change from the good heterodoxy to the bad heresy?
you don't believe the continued existence of the spirit\soul outside the body after physical death
Not true. I believe the spirit continues to exist after resurrection.
(Acts 23:8) For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit; but the Pharisees confess both
Are you sure Luke meant a human's spirit there, and not a familiar or demonic spirit?
God created us with a spirit so we can worship him in spirit , God's spirit and our is not simply breath
that would be a foolish interpretation
(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after our likeness
(John 4:24) God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.
None of which speaks against my proposal.
Samuel was a spirit and
if we start using your logic could we not reject Jesus as God ?
No.
You tell me.
(serious question btw: you are rejecting all the evidence of a spirits continued existence after death and claiming there is no evidence.)
Not true (supra).
she could see Samuel first because of her ability to see spirits
An extrapolation, if not outright addition, to the text.
Saul asked "What is his form?" as he could not see Samuel yet.

Saul could only see & hear Samuel when he surfaced
Agreed, but maybe more than that.
, Saul answered Samuel's question that was directed at Saul.
Agreed.
(I Samuel 28:14-15) [14] And he said to her, What is his form? And she said, An old man comes up, and he is covered with a cloak. And Saul saw that it was Samuel, and he bowed his face to the ground, and prostrated himself. [15] And Samuel said to Saul, Why have you disturbed me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am grievously distressed, for the Philistines are warring against me. And God has left me and does not answer me any more, neither by prophets nor by dreams. And I have called you so that you may make known to me what I should do.
no angels were seen
Look closer:
1 Samuel 28:13 KJV — And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

That word "gods" comes from "elohim", which is sometimes translated "angels".

and more like 👇than Peter
Agreed. Peter wasn't buried.
Peter and James saw and heard Moses and Elijah spirits
(Matthew 17:3) And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah talking with Him.
Then God murdered Elijah so that his spirit could be there separated from his body?
God is God of the living but you don't believe that
(Matthew 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not God of the dead, but of the living
As I've explained previously, God calls them "living" because He plans to raise them from the dead.

Jesus didn't resurrect Moses and Elijah and then murder them.
He must have murdered Elijah in your view.

You keep focusing on Moses, but Elijah didn't ever die while on earth, so if he was a disembodied spirit here, then God must have killed him to make him so.
the bible didn't say they were resurrected ,that absurd argument
would make Moses the first resurrected from the dead and not Jesus
Not to mention Jairus' daughter, the widow from Nain' s son, Lazarus, and a few people from the Old Testament, including Samuel. None of these were permanent, as far as we know.
(Matthew 17:7-8) [7] And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise and do not be terrified. [8] And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus alone.
(Acts 26:23) that Christ should suffer, that by a resurrection of the dead, He would be the first, going to proclaim light to the people and to the nations.
Amen!

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]When did it change from the good heterodoxy to the bad heresy?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not true. I believe the spirit continues to exist after resurrection.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Are you sure Luke meant a human's spirit there, and not a familiar or demonic spirit?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]None of which speaks against my proposal.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]No.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]You tell me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not true (supra).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]An extrapolation, if not outright addition, to the text.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed, but maybe more than that.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Look closer:
1 Samuel 28:13 KJV — And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed. Peter wasn't buried.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Then God murdered Elijah so that his spirit could be there separated from his body?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]As I've explained previously, God calls them "living" because He plans to raise them from the dead.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]He must have murdered Elijah in your view.

You keep focusing on Moses, but Elijah didn't ever die while on earth, so if he was a disembodied spirit here, then God must have killed him to make him so.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not to mention Jairus' daughter, the widow from Nain' s son, Lazarus, and a few people from the Old Testament, including Samuel. None of these were permanent, as far as we know. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Amen!in the beginning of this thread you seemed to be exploring a heterodox theory[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]When did it change from the good heterodoxy to the bad heresy?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not true. I believe the spirit continues to exist after resurrection.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Are you sure Luke meant a human's spirit there, and not a familiar or demonic spirit?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]None of which speaks against my proposal.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]No.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]You tell me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not true (supra).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]An extrapolation, if not outright addition, to the text.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed, but maybe more than that.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Look closer:

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Agreed. Peter wasn't buried.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Then God murdered Elijah so that his spirit could be there separated from his body?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]As I've explained previously, God calls them "living" because He plans to raise them from the dead.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]He must have murdered Elijah in your view.

You keep focusing on Moses, but Elijah didn't ever die while on earth, so if he was a disembodied spirit here, then God must have killed him to make him so.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Not to mention Jairus' daughter, the widow from Nain' s son, Lazarus, and a few people from the Old Testament, including Samuel. None of these were permanent, as far as we know. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.870588)]Amen![/COLOR]

Please fix your formatting.

Hoping

Banned
Capital W "word" is a interpretation, since the original Greek didn't have capitals.
I like the KJV, but there are other good translations, some better than others.
The Word took on flesh, providing me with the knowledge that the Word had free will and existed as an entity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God changes the laws of the universe...He can.

Why do you suppose that God could do something so irrational?

The universe is EXTREMELY FINE TUNED, to the point where changing the laws even slightly would cause everything (yes, literally everything) to unravel.

Also, reality is an aspect of God's existence, not the other way around.

God cannot change reality, because to do so would be to change the fundamental aspects of Himself.

Two Gods ?

No. One God, who is three Persons.

Haven't you ever heard of the doctrine of the Trinity before?

I do love God,

If you love God, then why do you insult him by trying to work your way to heaven?

and have put my trust in Him.

No, you haven't.

If you had, then you would actually trust Him.

That means that you wouldn't say things such as "you must continue to do good works, or else you won't be saved."

If you had already put your trust in Christ, then you would affirm that His completed work on the cross was enough to save you and everyone else that has ever lived and is living and will ever live, because with His death we were reconciled, and "we shall be saved by His life."

Because it is through His righteous act, the free gift came to all men. It is through His and HIS OBEDIENCE ALONE we are made righteous.

I trust that His words in 1 Cor 10:13 are true and I won't be tempted above that which I am able.

Irrelevant, except to say that just because God won't allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear doesn't mean that you won't fail to bear it.

I trust that my rebirth from His seed made me a new creature.

If you are not saved, then you are not a new creature.

They are synonymous.

I trust that at my water baptism into God's Son's death I was killed and buried with Jesus,

Water baptism doesn't save you. It just gets you wet.

Be baptised with the Holy Spirit.

so His sanctifying, justifying consecrating blood could be applied to me for the atonement

Hasn't happened if you aren't saved.

of my past sins.

Begging the question that you haven't sinned since then.

False premise, therefore your argument is falsified.