Is Calvinism Wrong?

glorydaz

I'm pretty sure that he was too. But that's just another myth of Churchianity (that Christ kept the law perfectly FOR us).

Exactly. It wasn't Christ's obedience to the Law, but His obedience unto death whereby many are made righteous.

Romans 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Philippians 2:8
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Robert Pate

Banned
All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2nd Corinthians 5:17. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18.

When Jesus lived, we lived in him, Romans 5:19.
When Jesus died, we died with him, Romans 6:3.
When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb, we came out with him, Romans 6:5.
When Jesus ascended into heaven, we ascended with him, Colossians 3:1.
Our real life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

When Jesus appears we shall be like him, Colossians 3:4.

I am no longer going to cast my pearls before swine.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, I understood. That's what I meant about that His righteousness being imputed to us could be taken too far. It all depends on just what one means when they say such things.

We are saved and justified by the imputed righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:26.

If you stand in the judgment in your own righteousness, you will perish.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your 'Testimony' is null and void. I have NO respect for you. You COULD change that. Civility isn't your biggest asset. Think about it.

Coming from Mr. Irrelevant, who posts fluff, I consider that your weighing in, from the sidelines, bleachers, booing the real soldiers, troops, as a compliment. You're getting as senile, dementia infested, as Pate.

And you floored me with that "Think about it" stunner.

Robert Pate

Banned
Coming from Mr. Irrelevant, who posts fluff, I consider that your weighing in, from the sidelines, bleachers, booing the real soldiers, troops, as a compliment. You're getting as senile, dementia infested, as Pate.

And you floored me with that "Think about it" stunner.

He's right, you are rude and crude.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Paul did, All men are sinners, Romans 3:23 and need to be born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. In the judgment you will either be found "In Christ" or you will be found in your flesh and condemned.

Right, Paul taught one gospel, Jesus taught another. Thus more than one gospel.

2nd grade level math here.

Robert Pate

Banned
Right, Paul taught one gospel, Jesus taught another. Thus more than one gospel.

2nd grade level math here.

I thought we had already been through that.

Jesus and the disciples taught a Kingdom Gospel. It was the good news that the King had arrived, it also pertained to things of heaven.

Paul taught the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Robert Pate

Banned
Like Paul, according to Pate, implied that the Lord Jesus Christ is "the new Adam."

Romans 5:15-19 implies that Jesus is the new Adam.

Example: "Therefore as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.