Is Calvinism Wrong?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You want to change the word "believe" to the word "surrender" do you not?

I don't want to do anything . I just pointed out the words believe , believer , and believing , are mistranslations of the Greek word pisteuo . And I supported that fact with the two leeding Greek dictionarys definition of pisteuo .

The Strongs says ," pisteuo means NOT just to believe ."

The Vines pisteuo means , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

So the word " believe " isn't " perfectly fine " , and I'm not " substituting my own Word " , I substituted the mistranslatied word with the Greek dictionarys definition .

That's what I meant about being honest with yourself glorydaz .

Rosenritter

I don't want to do anything . I just pointed out the words believe , believer , and believing , are mistranslations of the Greek word pisteuo . And I supported that fact with the two leeding Greek dictionarys definition of pisteuo .

The Vines pisteuo means , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

So the word " believe " isn't " perfectly fine " , and I'm not " substituting my own Word " , I substituted the mistranslatied word with the Greek dictionarys definition .

When will you be honest about the usage of the Greek?

James 2:19 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
When will you be honest about the usage of the Greek?

James 2:19 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

When you accept the Greek definitions given in the Strongs and Vines for pisteuo . When you acknowledge the English language has no word to translate pisteuo . When you acknowledge that NT pisteuo is the corresponding verb to the noun pistis , where we get our English word Faith . When you acknowledge believe , believer , and believing are the corresponding verb to the noun " belief " ,not the noun Faith .

Then I will take the time to look at the Passage .

Rosenritter

When you accept the Greek definitions given in the Strongs and Vines for pisteuo . When you acknowledge the English language has no word to translate pisteuo . When you acknowledge that NT pisteuo is the corresponding verb to the noun pistis , where we get our English word Faith . When you acknowledge believe , believer , and believing are the corresponding verb to the noun " belief " ,not the noun Faith .

Oh dear Faither, thou art wiser than Daniel. Please enlighten us as to how the New Testament "pisteuo" should have been translated in James 2:19.

glorydaz

Oh dear Faither, thou art wiser than Daniel. Please enlighten us as to how the New Testament "pisteuo" should have been translated in James 2:19.

Well, there is a difference, and you can tell by the text. We see the words believe, but there are qualifiers. Being justified by works in this particular case.

James 2:19-21 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?​

Then you can add this to the mix. And here we see another "believeth" which excluded works. This is saving faith. It's believing unto righteousness. Romans 10:10

Romans 4:1-5 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Where James was head knowledge (believe), Paul is a heart knowledge.

Romans 10:10
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

glorydaz

Don't nag at me. I said early on that a simple definition of believe is error. The word believe depends on how it's used in the text. There is a matter of intellectual or head knowledge and that of the heart. Big difference.

Robert Pate

Banned

It is not uncommon for someone to think that they have discovered some hidden message in the Bible that no one else knows about, only them.

Right after Martin Luther discovered the articles of justification by faith (which was already in the Bible) Romans 4:1-5. John Calvin, seeing that Luther became famous concerning his discovery decided that he too had discovered a hidden message, predestination, which is now Calvinism.

There is no private interpretation of scripture, 2 Peter 1:20. All that God wants us to know is in the Bible for all to read and believe. Religious people are famous for trying to come up with some private interpretation that no one else has. It appears that you are one of them. Maybe you can call your new found doctrine Faitherism and start a new cult.

Rosenritter

It is not uncommon for someone to think that they have discovered some hidden message in the Bible that no one else knows about, only them.

Right after Martin Luther discovered the articles of justification by faith (which was already in the Bible) Romans 4:1-5. John Calvin, seeing that Luther became famous concerning his discovery decided that he too had discovered a hidden message, predestination, which is now Calvinism.

There is no private interpretation of scripture, 2 Peter 1:20. All that God wants us to know is in the Bible for all to read and believe. Religious people are famous for trying to come up with some private interpretation that no one else has. It appears that you are one of them. Maybe you can call your new found doctrine Faitherism and start a new cult.

Augustine discovered it before Calvin, and Greek philosophy mixed into Christianity helped with most of those elements.

Robert Pate

Banned
pate

Yeah sorta like pateism !

You would like to believe that what I believe came out of my head "Pateism".

I do not follow any religion or man conceived religion (Calvinism). I believe what the Bible says, plus nothing else. You have embraced the doctrine of a man, John Calvin. I believe the apostle Paul and his doctrine of justification by faith.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not Calvinism justifies the ungodly.

Rosenritter

I do not follow any religion or man conceived religion (Calvinism). I believe what the Bible says, plus nothing else. You have embraced the doctrine of a man, John Calvin. I believe the apostle Paul and his doctrine of justification by faith.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Isn't Pateism a type of procedure where one spreads chopped goose liver on crackers and serves it as a gourmet appetizer?

beloved57

You teach that salvation is the work of the sinner man. Something he must do.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that salvation is the work of the sinner man. Something he must do.

The Gospel calls for a response. You heard the Gospel and decided by your own free will that the Gospel was not for you. So by your own free will you rejected salvation by grace through faith and decided to embrace the doctrine of a heretic.

beloved57

The Gospel calls for a response. You heard the Gospel and decided by your own free will that the Gospel was not for you. So by your own free will you rejected salvation by grace through faith and decided to embrace the doctrine of a heretic.

I dont embrace the gospel you preach since you preach that Christs death alone doesnt save all them He died for. Your gospel teaches that mans freewill or work saves him ! Thats a false gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
I dont embrace the gospel you preach since you preach that Christs death alone doesnt save all them He died for. Your gospel teaches that mans freewill or work saves him ! Thats a false gospel

Your Calvinist doctrine is in conflict with the Bible.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14. You deliberately and by your own free will reject those scripture.

Thankfully, the God that you believe in does not exist.

genuineoriginal

I don't see it.

G4100 - pisteuō πιστεύω
  • to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
    • of the thing believed
      • to credit, have confidence
    • in a moral or religious reference
      • used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
      • to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith
      • mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith
  • to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
    • to be intrusted with a thing

I don't see it.

G4100 - pisteuō πιστεύω
1 Verb Strong's Number: g4100 Greek: pisteuo
Belief, Believe, Believers:

"to believe," also "to be persuaded of," and hence, "to place confidence in, to trust," signifies, in this sense of the word, reliance upon, not mere credence. It is most frequent in the writings of the Apostle John, especially the Gospel. He does not use the noun (see below). For the Lord's first use of the verb, see Jhn 1:50. Of the writers of the Gospels, Matthew uses the verb ten times, Mark ten, Luke nine, John ninety-nine. In Act 5:14 the present participle of the verb is translated "believers."
See COMMIT, INTRUST, TRUST.

5 Verb Strong's Number: g4100 Greek: pisteuo
Commit, Commission:

signifies "to entrust, commit to," Luk 16:11; 1Ti 1:11, "committed to (my) trust."
See BELIEVE.

1 Strong's Number: g4100 Greek: pisteuo
Intrust:

"to believe," also means "to entrust," and in the Active Voice is translated "to commit," in Luk 16:11; Jhn 2:24; in the Passive Voice, "to be intrusted with," Rom 3:2, RV, "they were intrusted with" (AV, "unto them were committed"), of Israel and the oracles of God; 1Cr 9:17, RV, "I have... intrusted to me" (AV, "is committed unto me"), of Paul and the stewardship of the Gospel; so Gal 2:7; Tts 1:3; in 1Th 2:4, where he associates with himself his fellow missionaries, RV, "to be intrusted with" (AV, "to be put in trust with").
See BELIEVE, COMMIT.

102 Verb Strong's Number: g4100 Greek: pisteuo
Trust (Noun and Verb):

"to entrust," or, in the Passive Voice, "to be entrusted with," is rendered "to commit to one's trust," in Luk 16:11; 1Ti 1:11; "to be put in trust with," 1Th 2:4, AV (RV, "to be intrusted").
Note: Wherever elpizo, "to hope," is translated "to trust" in the AV, the RV substitutes "to hope." So proelpizo, "to hope before."
See HOPE.

So the word " believe " isn't " perfectly fine " ,
It is according to both Strong's and Vine's.
and I'm not " substituting my own Word " , I substituted the mistranslatied word with the Greek dictionarys definition .
Yes, you are substituting your own mistranslated word for the word chosen by the translators that actually understood the Greek they were translating.

beloved57

Your Calvinist doctrine is in conflict with the Bible.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14. You deliberately and by your own free will reject those scripture.

Thankfully, the God that you believe in does not exist.
You teach the gospel of works. Again thats a false gospel that exalts man and denies Christ.