Imagine No Religion

bsmitts

Imagine No Religion

Atheist have faith that Atheism is the answer to having a civil world. They believe that religion is the cause for the worlds social ills.

Atheist do not take into account that living by Godly precepts also benefits them. Godly precepts have their origins in the religion of Judaism, not Atheism, it is a matter of historical fact.

Atheists have faith that humanity itself is the answer to civilization. I can show all day long how humanity is an utter flopping failure. My theory is that atheists simply hate God, and they especially hate Christ. They worship self, but I've seen time and time again just how destructive that kind of mentality is. I used to debate them but got bored of it. It's the same old rinse and repeat again and again. You try to convince them first of the existence of a creator, but then they'll want to immediately trick you into debating issues surrounding the Bible or religion in general. Don't get me wrong. I'm am not ashamed of the gospel, but they simply can't be reasoned with. I know from experience. Don't bother with them.

quip

BANNED
Banned
According to you a human being. I do not have any faith in human kind as a higher power.

Thus, you hold no faith in yourself? How sad.

How do you trust yourself enough to make an external spiritual discernment....when you hold such an internal lack faith in your own being/spirit?

Your desire for external validation exposes a weak internal spiritual foundation.

quip

BANNED
Banned
That means a person is "MORAL" because of their belief in God. For a person who does not believe in God as a person, "MORALITY" is another mans opinion.

Speaking of options, how many competeing versions of "god" in this world?

You fear your own moral intuition and must rely on the rote memorization and recitation of another's script (re:scripture). Again, sad.

CherubRam

Speaking of options, how many competeing versions of "god" in this world?

You fear your own moral intuition and must rely on the rote memorization and recitation of another's script (re:scripture). Again, sad.

The bible is a good source for just and moral laws. What is really sad, is that you do not see it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The bible is a good source for just and moral laws. What is really sad, is that you do not see it.

:idunno: Oh, I "see" the bible...its influence is ubiquitous (as the Koran elsewhere). Rather, I don't follow nor suffer in defending it by posting insecure threads in its defence.

It's good to see that you claim it as a "good source". I don't entirely disagree, just that it's just one good source out of many.

Can you admit to this ...or must you cling desperately to an exclusive version of morality?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Do you have any kind of proof?

Proof of what? that there is no god? How do you prove a negative? I am convinced there is no proof, nor any evidence of a god. Things claimed as evidence by others---the beauty of the universe, the fine tuning of the universe, love, morality etc. are best explained by other than a divine being. And after hanging around TOL for a while, better explained by either the recorded Middle Eastern myths in TOL's Holy Book, or the god it purports to show.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

But you do get to pick and choose those laws right? I assume slavery is out as well as the problem caused by wearing clothing of different fabric.

CherubRam

:idunno: Oh, I "see" the bible...its influence is ubiquitous (as the Koran elsewhere). Rather, I don't follow nor suffer in defending it by posting insecure threads in its defence.

It's good to see that you claim it as a "good source". I don't entirely disagree, just that it's just one good source out of many.

Can you admit to this ...or must you cling desperately to an exclusive version of morality?
Since it is the origin of morality and just laws, people have only added their own twist from the source.

CherubRam

Proof of what? that there is no god? How do you prove a negative? I am convinced there is no proof, nor any evidence of a god. Things claimed as evidence by others---the beauty of the universe, the fine tuning of the universe, love, morality etc. are best explained by other than a divine being. And after hanging around TOL for a while, better explained by either the recorded Middle Eastern myths in TOL's Holy Book, or the god it purports to show.
Just because there have been evil people who twist the truth, it does not mean you dismiss everything else.