Theology Club: I'm a heretic (probably...you tell me)

journey

I do not believe there is currently a metaphysical gift of any of them. However, I do believe God still calls people into ministry and helps them become equipped for it.

I agree with you. There are many evangelists, preachers, teachers, and missionaries in my family, and I'm firmly convinced they were called and equipped by God. I'm talking about ministry - not about performing miracles.

On the other side of the coin, I believe there are many in the ministry who were not called and are not performing the will of God. God knows who they are.

DAN P

musterion;376336 [U said:
I believe it is possible that ALL the gifts listed in 1 Corinthians and even Ephesians 4 were temporary for the founding of the Church while the full revelation of God was still being given and compiled[/U]. By "all," I mean ALL of them...not just the sign gifts, which goes without saying as they were for unbelieving Israel's conviction, but the ministerial gifts claimed by thousands throughout the centuries since. I believe this is possible for a few Scriptural reasons as well as for a few real-world practical ones but, naturally, to even broach the subject in most places would be enough to get you shunned if not officially disfellowshipped.

Hi and many letters that Paul wrote are hard for many believers , even dispensationalists .

1 Cor 13:8-13 is one bench mark .

Eph 4:11 is another different bench mark .

Take the word Prophet !

How were OT prophets used in the OT ?

They were used to tell Israel , better Return back and worship Jehovah and they worship Idols instead .

O

I believe that Prophets to today are to tell the EKKLESIA to Return to the Mystery , for the Obedience of Faith , Rom 16:26 .

Dispensationalist are over the place , where some believe that we are the Bride of Christ , and mant think that we are under the New Covenant , and many think that the Body began in Acts 13 , and many believe that the 12 apostles are in the Body of Christ just to mention a few things !

dan p

DAN P

I've been a MAD for going on 10 years. In that time, I've met (as I'm sure many of you have) or communicated with several "names" within the movement, some bigger, some smaller, but still "names." It soon became apparent that for whatever reason - the flesh, I suppose - there were many unexpected divisions within the "Grace movement" that I naively did not expect to find at first. Yet there they are...some are necessary divisions over irreconcilable doctrinal differences while others (I won't yet say which) strike me as pointless time-wasters. And there are still others which I find to be glaring issues which never, ever seem to get on the radar of the Grace movement as a whole; things most folks see but never discuss. It troubles me, but Christ will sort it all out at the Rapture, then at the Bema.

There is one issue, though, which very, VERY few even consider thinking about. I'm one of them. This...suspicion I have (I can't call it a belief because I can't 100% prove it) will likely get me banned from any fellowship I belonged to; in fact it would very likely preclude it. Without beating around the bush further, I'll just spill it and see who replies:

I believe it is possible that ALL the gifts listed in 1 Corinthians and even Ephesians 4 were temporary for the founding of the Church while the full revelation of God was still being given and compiled. By "all," I mean ALL of them...not just the sign gifts, which goes without saying as they were for unbelieving Israel's conviction, but the ministerial gifts claimed by thousands throughout the centuries since. I believe this is possible for a few Scriptural reasons as well as for a few real-world practical ones but, naturally, to even broach the subject in most places would be enough to get you shunned if not officially disfellowshipped.

Anyone else think the way I do? Again, I'm not totally convinced of it but...I wonder. This suspicion is not new to me as a MAD but goes way back to my loosey-goosey campus ministry beginnings and my later indie-fundie Baptist days...so I've been chewing it over for a loooong time. But if my suspicion is true, man oh man would it explain A LOT.

I welcome any and all thoughts, rebukes and accusations of heresy.

Hi and Gifts will be coming back in the Great Tribulation , Mark 16:15-18 and Acts 2:17 , which are yet in the Future Tense .

dan p

Arsenios

musterion said:
I believe it is possible that ALL the gifts listed in 1 Corinthians and even Ephesians 4 were temporary for the founding of the Church while the full revelation of God was still being given and compiled. By "all," I mean ALL of them...

What do you do then with 1Cor4:9-16?

It is one thing to say that the likes of Paul have not been repeated, or that his ministry was for the establishment of the Church, and so his Gifts are specific to that purpose... It is another to say that the Gifts themselves were withdrawn after him... We take this passage as Paul's call to the narrow and hard and straited Way of Christ, and many have found it across 2000 years, and ARE finding it even as we are talking about finding it...

Arsenios

musterion

What do you do then with 1Cor4:9-16?

Not seeing your point, please explain.

It is one thing to say that the likes of Paul have not been repeated, or that his ministry was for the establishment of the Church, and so his Gifts are specific to that purpose...

Do you believe that is the case?

It is another to say that the Gifts themselves were withdrawn after him...

Which specific gifts do you refer to?

We take this passage

Who is 'we'? Your church or denomination?

as Paul's call to the narrow and hard and straited Way of Christ, and many have found it across 2000 years, and ARE finding it even as we are talking about finding it...

musterion

If God still calls certain people, presumably only men, to pastoral ministry, how does a man know he has been called? More to the point: how can others in a local body know a man has been called? Paul said that if any man desires that office it's a good thing, but there said nothing about God calling him, only that he needs to fulfill certain requirements.

So what is the test that a man is truly "called of God" today? Doctrinal fidelity? Fidelity to what? Almost no pastor preaches Christ according to the revelation of the mystery. The number that do so worldwide today is probably in the low few thousands, if that. The rest do not recognize it and may oppose it...and they all claim some kind of calling.

Good discussion, gentlemen, thank you for participating.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Musterion,

You are heretic because you dishonor Jesus' command of "if you love Me, keep My commands" and push disgraceful doctrine of "your works cannot save you".

And claiming to be true and saved Christian.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Musterion,

You are heretic because you dishonor Jesus' command of "if you love Me, keep My commands" and push disgraceful doctrine of "your works cannot save you".

And claiming to be true and saved Christian.
Knight said it so much nicer than I would. I'd just tell you to get out!

You must be a Theology Club member to post in the MidActs Dispensationalism Forum. Becoming a member is easy and free. You can join the club here. For the most part anyone who applies will be accepted into the Theology Club.

However...

To remain in the theology Club you will need to be able to play well with others. The Theology Club is for folks who do not wish to bicker, fight, play games, obfuscate, or otherwise present themselves as a distraction to the discussion.

Thread derailment will NOT be tolerated. Stay on topic!!!

The MidActs Dispensationalism Forum is a PRO-dispensationalism theology forum. In other words this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view. That does not mean that the view cannot be questioned or debated, instead it simply means this forum will not be a place for those that disagree to grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents.

If a person is not following the above stated rules they will be removed from the Theology Club and will no longer be able to make posts in this forum.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. :up:

musterion

Genius Eeset,

re: your Report.

and consider the Bible [all of it] to be inspired by God.
is one of the requirements for posting in this Club.

The Meshak persona believes the four Gospels are the only reliable part of the Bible. She/they are on record stating the rest of it is corrupted and untrustworthy. That precludes her/them from posting here.

Also, Knight pointed out the rules and enforcement are purposely subjective, probably on account occasions exactly like this one.

You should retract your complaint.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Genius Eeset,

re: your Report.

is one of the requirements for posting in this Club.

The Meshak persona believes the four Gospels are the only reliable part of the Bible. She/they are on record stating the rest of it is corrupted and untrustworthy. That precludes her/them from posting here.

Also, Knight pointed out the rules and enforcement are purposely subjective, probably on account occasions exactly like this one.

You should retract your complaint.
"I desire mercy and not sacrifice."

Right Divider

Body part
Not to take this thread on a tangent, but it is clear that something changed with relation to Gods giving of gifts throughout the Acts period.

In the early Acts when Peter and the eleven were prominent, they healed everyone. EVERYONE....
Act 5:11-16 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. (12) And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (13) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. (14) And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) (15) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (16) There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
I hear teachers like Dr. Erwin Lutzer fawn over this time saying silly stuff like: "If only we were more like the early church"....

But I don't see him selling all that he has, as they did in Acts 2, or healing anyone.

Paul also performed healing too, during his early ministry. But by the end of his ministry he was leaving his friends sick and telling other to drink wine for the stomach ailments.
2Ti 4:20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
In the Kingdom that Jesus preached, everyone gets healed.
Luk 9:1-6 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. (2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. (3) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. (4) And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. (5) And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. (6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
These gifts were part of the kingdom that was and is to come, but has been delayed.
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
In the Kingdom, everyone get healed.

The preterists that harangue us here need to EXPLAIN why, if we are living "in the Kingdom", there are sick people here.

musterion

Matthew 18:21-35

First, the Meshak persona isn't my sister and she certainly doesn't consider me her/their brother. Second, she/they have done no personal offense to me that I feel the need to forgive. She/they are wicked, but wicked to everyone. So what IS your point? Do you even have one?

glorydaz

"I desire mercy and not sacrifice."

It's funny you should quote that since it condemns Meshak and every other worker who trusts in his own obedience. It speaks of the hypocrisy of Israel and their obedience to the law, and the EXTERNAL practices of "righteousness". Oh what sacrifices they make in order to earn their salvation. :nono:

Meshak won't accept His sacrifice and spits on His mercy. She rejects the GIFT of salvation. In the ages to come, Meshak will be among those who boasted in their own righteousness, and our Lord will say, "I never knew you."

Eph. 2:4-8
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​