ECT II Timothy 2:15 How?

oatmeal

You are determined to read into things; I'll give that much.

Not at all.

I do however read scripture

If you have evidence that I read into scripture, show us.

I am still wondering if you have started with reading three letter words yet?

God is a three letter word, do you ignore "God" because it is only a three letter word?

Before you reply again, you may want to take your time and really consider what you are reading and the implications of what you have been taught and what you think is true

oatmeal

Exodus 32:15

And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.

How big were the two tables of stone? or rather how small were they?

Were they written on one side or two?

They were small enough for Moses to carry both in one hand.

And they were written on both sides.

oatmeal

Nehemiah 9:27

Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

How many saviors did God give to save Israel?

It doesn't say, but there are more saviors than one, for the word saviours is plural, not singular.

What was Gideon's assignment?

Judges 6:14

And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

To save Israel.

oatmeal

When we walk with God by believing and obeying scripture one of the benefits is Isaiah 35:8

And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

There is a way of holiness for those who walk with God.

oatmeal

God describes Job and their relationship

Job 1:1

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Job 1:8

And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Job 2:3

nd the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

The calamities Job suffered and endured did not happen because Job was sinning

Job realizes what caused the calamities in Job 3:25

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

This fear is described in Job 1:4-5

And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

oatmeal

What is the power base for powerful Christian living?

The cross?

or the resurrection?

Acts 1:8

Ephesians 1:19-20

Many people died on crosses including the two malefactors and the two thieves.

What distinguished Jesus Christ from the rest?

Romans 1:4

Without the resurrection all Christianity has is a dead man who claimed to be something he was not.

What if Jesus had been executed in an electric chair?

Would the electric chair be adorned in every church building and pulpit?

God raised Jesus from the dead.

God did not leave his son to rot in a grave.

Acts 2:27

God raised him from the dead

oatmeal

Evidently, very few care about rightly dividing scripture.

Even fewer have any clear cut methods on how to rightly divide scripture.

And even fewer have attempted to rightly divide scripture.

How thankful I am for men and women like Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille that cared what God thought, not what his denomination.

VP Wierwille methodically, not haphazardly, learned what scripture teaches.

Well, here is your opportunity to learn a little.

I have demonstrated how simply reading scripture and observing what the words in a verse or passage state gives us answers.

Simply reading is the start but hardly the whole list of logical methodical tools to use to rightly divide scripture.

oatmeal

What is it that makes us more than conquerors? Romans 8:37

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

a. God's willingness to mash and smash our enemies

b. the wrath of God upon sinners

c. the love of God

What saith the scripture?

Romans 8:37-39

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

nothing can separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our lord.

God loving care for us makes us more than conquerors

oatmeal

Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

The Lord made Moses to be a god to Pharaoh.

Moses is therefore a god to Pharaoh.

Is Moses therefore a god?

Yes.

oatmeal

Psalm 18:2

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Is the Lord literally a rock? If so, where is that rock? A rock is where the rock is.

the Lord is not literally a rock, this is a figure of speech.

Is God literally a fortress? Where is that fortress located?

God calling himself a fortress is a figure of speech.

Is God literally a buckler? No, God is not literally a weapon of warfare, this too is a figure of speech

Is God literally a horn? No, God is not literally a horn, that is a figure of speech

Is God literally a high tower? No, this too is a figure of speech.

Why does God use figures of speech?

Interplanner

Psalm 18:2

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Is the Lord literally a rock? If so, where is that rock? A rock is where the rock is.

the Lord is not literally a rock, this is a figure of speech.

Is God literally a fortress? Where is that fortress located?

God calling himself a fortress is a figure of speech.

Is God literally a buckler? No, God is not literally a weapon of warfare, this too is a figure of speech

Is God literally a horn? No, God is not literally a horn, that is a figure of speech

Is God literally a high tower? No, this too is a figure of speech.

Why does God use figures of speech?

Figures of speech allow abstract and invisible truth to be understandable, but they come with unintended risks, too.

Interplanner

Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

The Lord made Moses to be a god to Pharaoh.

Moses is therefore a god to Pharaoh.

Is Moses therefore a god?

Yes.

You seemed to have changed mindset by finally saying 'yes.'

oatmeal

Figures of speech allow abstract and invisible truth to be understandable, but they come with unintended risks, too.

Figures of speech communicate more vividly than literal words.

God does not use figures of speech haphazardly, but with wisdom.

There are no unintended risks in believing God

oatmeal

Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Will praying for a spiritual blessing produce results?

Not if Ephesians 1:3 is true.

You already have all spiritual blessings.

Since you already have all spiritual blessings, there are no more that God can give to you whether you pray about it or not.

Danoh

Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Will praying for a spiritual blessing produce results?

Not if Ephesians 1:3 is true.

You already have all spiritual blessings.

Since you already have all spiritual blessings, there are no more that God can give to you whether you pray about it or not.

Lol, try greeting other Believers with the greeting "You're Complete!" instead of the standard "God bless you!"

Their reply, together with accompanying look, "Hunh?"

Lol - as if you have three eye balls, or something.

rainee

I am not sure what you are intending to say.

Exodus 7:1 is clear. Moses is a god because God made him to be one.

Oatmeal,
As long as you're Hindu you are fine.
But you would've gotten stoned years ago with the big three (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) and cannot be accepted by them now...
Have you considered that?

rainee

Lol, try greeting other Believers with the greeting "You're Complete!" instead of the standard "God bless you!"

I have to agree with him, Oatmeal.

That last one about spiritual blessings - not even you could accept that one - are you discombobulating?

oatmeal

That is an accurate observation.

If they were taught scripture well and spent the time to do some homework, they would learn about our victory in Christ.

The people I fellowship with would get it. They know they are complete in Christ. But like anyone else, we may need to reminded of it occasionally

oatmeal

Oatmeal,
As long as you're Hindu you are fine.
But you would've gotten stoned years ago with the big three (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) and cannot be accepted by them now...
Have you considered that?

I can read your words, but your message is not clear.

Could you restate that?