ECT If MAD is False Why Did Paul Make the Distinction in Romans 4:16?

Jerry Shugart

When the sun and moon are affect as such (cf Joel 2), that means a kingdom is going to fail. In this case, Israel.

Where do you get such strange ideas?

Here is what will happen then:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

themuzicman

Where do you get such strange ideas?

Here is what will happen then:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

You haven't tied Isaiah 24 to 1 Corinthians 15. Indeed, they aren't connected, as one is a return from exile, and the other is in the resurrection.

DAN P

You haven't tied Isaiah 24 to 1 Corinthians 15. Indeed, they aren't connected, as one is a return from exile, and the other is in the resurrection.

Hi and he does not have to connect Israel with Israel ar all!!

1 Cor 15:24 is connected to Eph 1:10 !!

dan p

dan p

Danoh

teehee!

But seriously, where do we find in the OT law where the rite of baptism is done in the manner John was baptizing?

We do find washings done in the OT for purification, usually done with water and blood.
But there is never any mention of blood with John's baptism in any of the verses concerning it.
So what examples of the law do we have with baptism of water only that can take away sins for the general population and not just for a particular cleansing (such as touching the dead and menstruation of females, etc.)?
John seems to be inviting anyone and everyone to be baptized.

Newbie :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Do you believe Jesus established his kingdom in the 1st century?
No.

They were not under those old rules.

They only had respect to them as the oblation ceased at the cross in the middle of the 70th week.
To which rules was I referring?

The Apostles worshiped in David's tabernacle.
Your point?

Between the cross and the destruction of the temple.
Are you seriously that stupid? turbosixx offered a Scripture verse without giving the book or chapter, do you really think your answer is to the question I was asking?

They were sent into exile. If you study the OT, you'll find this great exile there.
Not what i asked.

The final, eternal wrath? The second death?
Are you asking me?

What if you didn't spoil it for those of us who watch the show streaming instead of broadcast?
I'm not spoiling anything by telling you the show wasn't cancelled and came back for another season.:AMR:

Yes, the resurrection was his coronation and he was and is to be proclaimed as Lord of heaven and earth to all mankind going forward from that moment on. This does not mean setting up a stone and wood building someplace called the 'general offices'--if that's what the RCC is about. It exists by preaching/proclaiming it. Paul was not an anarchist but he did tell all rulers that Christ was Lord over them.
:kookoo:

turbosixx

If Jesus didn't establish his kingdom, then wouldn't that make him a false prophet and a liar?

Mk. 1:14 Now after John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe in the gospel.

Matt. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If Jesus didn't establish his kingdom, then wouldn't that make him a false prophet and a liar?

Mk. 1:14 Now after John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe in the gospel.

Matt. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
It was ready; the people were not. Jesus never claimed to have established it, nor did He say He was going to anytime soon.

One thing you fools don't seem to understand about conditional prophecy is that it is conditional.

Right Divider

Body part
The rules changed. The only semblance of division is that those under the old rules remained under those rules.

Rom 1:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

They never wonder what this means.... or even notice it at all.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

No.

Matt. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.[/QUOTE]

Key phrase, 'repent ye'.

And if they didn't repent....then what?

turbosixx

It was ready; the people were not. Jesus never claimed to have established it, nor did He say He was going to anytime soon.
You'll have to explain to me how "at hand" isn't soon and this verse as well.

Lk. 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God."

One thing you fools don't seem to understand about conditional prophecy is that it is conditional.

Just because you say it's conditional doesn't make it conditional. Where is your proof and what are the conditions?

Last edited:

Danoh

Are you telling me Jesus establishing his kingdom is dependent on man? What if they don't repent in the future, will he wait another 2,000 years or more?

Your problem is that instead of searching the Scripture as to whether or not your question is sound, you instead ask it of others in your belief already that it is a sound question.

This is why there is no getting through to you and others - you go by what you think is a sound question in response to where you are looking at things from that you think is sound.

Do yourself a favor and attempt to solve for your question through the Scripture.

I know, I know; you are not going to do that; you're too busy already knowing what's what in your own mind :chuckle: