ECT If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

marhig

Back then, there were two.

How are there 2 gospels?

Jesus was sent to preach the gospel, then he sent his disciples and his apostles to preach that gospel, including Paul

This is Paul himself in Romans 1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ

He was preaching the same gospel, the gospel of God, that God promised beforehand by his prophets in the scriptures. The gospel which Jesus preached and then he sent his apostles and disciples including Paul to preach it. The prophets didn't promise two gospels only one.

marhig

Prove it.

I just did, Paul said in Romans 1 that was sent to preach the gospel God, which was foretold by the prophets. And the prophets only foretold of one gospel not 2. It's the same gospel as Jesus preached. Do you believe that Jesus preached two different gospels?

Try it and disobey 2 Cor 5:16.

What has that verse got to do with 2 gospels? And obeying Jesus?

musterion

I just did

You did not. Here:

Gospel of the Kingdom =/= Gospel of the grace of God. That's why they have two different names. Make that your starting point.

What has that verse got to say with 2 gospels? And obeying Jesus?

Okay...so how do you obey Him? Meaning, where do you go in the Bible to learn what He wants you to do?

And why do you not call Him the Lord Jesus Christ?

marhig

You did not. Here:

Gospel of the Kingdom =/= Gospel of the grace of God. That's why they have two different names. Make that your starting point.

Okay...so how do you obey Him? Meaning, where do you go in the Bible to learn what He wants you to do?

And why do you not call Him the Lord Jesus Christ?
Firstly do you believe that whilst Jesus was in the flesh that he preached one gospel or two? Thanks

marhig

Start with this so we can have some common footing, then we'll proceed.

Is the Gospel of the Kingdom distinct from the Gospel of the grace of God? Y or N.
No I believe that there is only one gospel.

Now if you answer me, I'll answer you to the rest. I did ask first. What do you believe Jesus preached whilst in the flesh, one or two gospels? I'm not being awkward I'm wondering what you believe?

musterion

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by marhig

No I believe that there is only one gospel.

You mean there is only one Gospel TODAY, or only one Gospel in the entire N.T.?

I assume you believe the latter, so what is "the only one" Gospel called?

Until we get nailed down exactly what each of us are talking about, communication is impossible.

Well? What is "the one Gospel" called? There are a few Gospels referred to in the N.T. Which one is "the one"?

marhig

You mean there is only one Gospel TODAY, or only one Gospel in the entire N.T.?

I assume you believe the latter, so what is "the only one" Gospel called?

Until we get nailed down exactly what each of us are talking about, communication is impossible.

I believe that Jesus preached the gospel, and Paul preached the same gospel. Only he preached it to the gentiles who didn't know the laws.

All the apostles preached the same gospel and all preached salvation through faith by the grace of God. They all preached about faith and grace.

1 Peter 1

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Jude

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jesus in Luke 7

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Paul in Ephesians 2

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

John in 1John :1

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

John in John 1

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

And in 2 John 1

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Peter in 2 peter

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen

1 Peter 5

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you

Jude

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our Godinto lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ

There is only one gospel.

Interplanner

Well? What is "the one Gospel" called? There are a few Gospels referred to in the N.T. Which one is "the one"?

lol, It isn't called anything! The accounts of Jesus aren't even called that in the original. The heading is just kata matheou "According to Matthew" etc. for each of them. The Gospel is the event, the whole event, of God being in Christ providing payment for the debt of mankind's sins. It is the 'fabulous announcement' or good news. It is why the Bible exists.