I wonder if Bruce Jenner had a nice "Mother's Day"

heir

TOL Subscriber
She should shame and disown him. That's what I would do if any of my boys ever did something like this.

One would hope that she'd give him the good news (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), a word of reconciliation!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Timothy 5:20 "Those who are sinning, rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.
context:

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Pray for him instead.

:up:

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Timothy 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

zoo22

I picture a crowd at the supermarket, gathered around the tabloid rack, frantically leafing through the pages of the various rags, holding up pictures, shouting to one another "Look at THIS disgusting picture!! Page 11 of Huge Gossip Nose Weekly!! VOMIT!! I'm so disgusted by THE GROSSNESS I'm going to puke! ... Let me look at that again... GROSS! I'll take 5 copies. You know, to pass around at church!"

Tinark

She should shame and disown him. That's what I would do if any of my boys ever did something like this.

Proof that we have way more stringent requirements on who can drive a vehicle vs. who can become a parent.

Also proof that religion destroys families and is therefore a scourge upon our nation and world.

Tinark

I picture a crowd at the supermarket, gathered around the tabloid rack, frantically leafing through the pages of the various rags, holding up pictures, shouting to one another "Look at THIS disgusting picture!! Page 11 of Huge Gossip Nose Weekly!! VOMIT!! I'm so disgusted by THE GROSSNESS I'm going to puke! ... Let me look at that again... GROSS! I'll take 5 copies. You know, to pass around at church!"

You'll notice a lot of conservatives on this board love to put down people for things like physical appearance, weight, being poor, etc. It is a way for them to shield themselves from their own unhappy life and prop themselves up by thinking "at least I'm not like one of those people", as they wallow in their own misery, constantly begging Jesus to come and whisk them way from their miserable existence.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You'll notice a lot of conservatives on this board love to put down people for things like physical appearance, weight, being poor, etc. It is a way for them to shield themselves from their own unhappy life and prop themselves up by thinking "at least I'm not like one of those people", as they wallow in their own misery, constantly begging Jesus to come and whisk them way from their miserable existence.

Uglyness isn't in my conversations cause God made them that way. If it was, I would be an unregenerate.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One would hope that she'd give him the good news (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), a word of reconciliation!

I would give him the good news. The same good news he's heard all his life. Repent and be saved. And if he didn't, my love for him would be so great, that I'm not about to sit around and caudal him, making it comfortable to live in his sin. My husband and I would want to make him feel so shamed and uncomfortable in his sin that he would want to change his ways and turn back to God.

My love wouldn't be hypocritical.

Romans 12:9 "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good."

I would love my son enough, to apply this verse even to him, no matter how hard it would be because I know he would have a greater chance of changing his ways, than if I didn't.

I had a sister who was living in sin. She was living with her boyfriend and they weren't married. Our whole family; us, my mom and dad, her siblings, all of us told her she needed to repent and get out of that situation. She refused. So we all told her that we cut her off from the family. She finally couldn't take it anymore. She repented and got married.

I also know of many other situations where this same thing has happened and the person living in their sins were shamed into finally repenting of the sin they were living in.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would give him the good news. The same good news he's heard all his life. Repent and be saved. And if he didn't, my love for him would be so great, that I'm not about to sit around and caudal him, making it comfortable to live in his sin. My husband and I would want to make him feel so shamed and uncomfortable in his sin that he would want to change his ways and turn back to God.
Since when are those requirements to be saved where we are concerned? Why add to that which is required for salvation? Where is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV) in your message?

heir

TOL Subscriber
My love wouldn't be hypocritical.

Romans 12:9 "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good."
Is that what you're calling God's love?

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I would love my son enough, to apply this verse even to him, no matter how hard it would be because I know he would have a greater chance of changing his ways, than if I didn't.
What does changing his ways have to do with salvation? People aren't saved because of what they do or don't do.

I also know of many other situations where this same thing has happened and the person living in their sins were shamed into finally repenting of the sin they were living in.
That is not salvation. An ambassador for Christ is here in Christ's stead. We have good news, but I don't see it in any of your stories. You seem preoccupied with that which people do in their flesh. Don't you know in our flesh is no good thing (Romans 7:18 KJV)? Slapping a coat of paint on it is not going to change it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
What would Jesus do?

Ezekiel 3:18 "When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand."

Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed."

Romans 12:9 "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good."

Galatians 2:11 "Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed."

1 Timothy 5:20 "Those who are sinning, rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.

And here I thought He would says things like

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

or

"Go and sin no more".

I didn't realize that Christians were supposed to abandon the morally confused...

TracerBullet

What defines a woman besides the genitals and the breast? Is it the hair or how they dress or how they talk? I think men and women can act and do the same things exept they have different genitals. So God would want to show the catholics that traditions only leads to more trouble. The pope is authorized, according to the unregenerates, to say a dress, long curly hair and lipstick is what defines woman.
So what is it really with the transgenders beside having a sex change? Sex change is the same as telling God, "I fixed that for ya".

my daughter was born with a cleft palate. Did God make a mistake? Or by having it surgically repaired did my wife and I tell God; "Fixed that for ya." ?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And here, LGBTQ activist TracerBullet compares children that are born with a cleft palate with a gender confused adult who has his genitals surgically mutilated so that he can pretend that he is a woman.

my daughter was born with a cleft palate. Did God make a mistake? Or by having it surgically repaired did my wife and tell God; "I fixed that for ya." ?

God works in mysterious ways (something an atheist like you wouldn't understand).

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
my daughter was born with a cleft palate. Did God make a mistake? Or by having it surgically repaired did my wife and I tell God; "Fixed that for ya." ?

God never make mistakes. That line was about Transgenders telling God that they did something about Gods mistake by sex change.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
just as repairing a cleft palate is the same as telling God, "I fixed that for ya".

What you meant is the opposite of what I meant. God didn't make a mistake to allow your daughter to have a cleft palate nor he made a mistake for jenner to have male parts.