I will not vote for trump

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many of the Trump supporters are the underdogs of society who've had it with ultra conservative and liberal bullying, and are pushing back...It's like a semi-revolution: he's probably going to be president, and it's due to the issues that neither the right or left wanted to solve.
What particular problems do you see him addressing?

You all done made people angry. Trump is willing to do something about it.
What is he going to particularly do about it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I just read several 2016 Presidential election articles, and I found them quite interesting. One article said that 1,711 candidates have filed their intentions to run for POTUS. The first challenge is to get on enough state ballots to have any impact. The most successful third party candidates in previous election cycles won 1% of the vote. A goal for each voter should be to vote for someone who has a chance to win. Otherwise, their vote will probably help the Democratic nominee.
I'm leaning toward the notion of simply voting for a candidate who reflects my personal convictions as far as governing goes...if every one did that I suspect it would force both parties to radically alter their approach to effective governing...by which I mean they might be forced to actually govern effectively. :mmph:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What problems do you NOT see Trump addressing ?
I'd rather understand what people who support Trump think a) are the problems he is uniquely qualified to address among candidates and b) what they believe he's actually going to do about them. Asking someone who isn't in his camp for a negative rundown won't edify me or likely alter you. And I'm genuinely curious about it...so what's to lose?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'd rather understand what people who support Trump think a) are the problems he is uniquely qualified to address among candidates and b) what they believe he's actually going to do about them. Asking someone who isn't in his camp for a negative rundown won't edify me or likely alter you.

I think Trump is uniquely qualified to cut the deficit and cut trillions in spending and bad trade deals. I think he is strong enough to actually do some things that nobody else would have the guts to do, like the wall. He will address the same exact issues that any other president will face but only better.

I also expect a solid VP announcement and a conservative SC judge that will be accepted

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think Trump is uniquely qualified to cut the deficit and cut trillions in spending and bad trade deals.
Can he do that without a cooperative Congress and, that being a precursor, do you think he'll get one?

I think he is strong enough to actually do some things that nobody else would have the guts to do, like the wall.
Do you think he can actually get Congress to fund that? Why would you favor that approach over, say, attaching severe punishments for anyone using undocumented workers for labor?

He will address the same exact issues that any other president will face but only better.
Do you think he can fashion consensus or will he try the late Obama route of clever fiat by Presidential shenanigan?

Who do you see as the likely VP?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Can he do that without a cooperative Congress and, that being a precursor, do you think he'll get one?
No and yes
Do you think he can actually get Congress to fund that? Why would you favor that approach over, say, attaching severe punishments for anyone using undocumented workers for labor?

Mexico WILL pay - but even if not, it can be approved. I think Trump will get things passed in Congress

Do you think he can fashion consensus or will he try the late Obama route of clever fiat by Presidential shenanigan?

Trump will mostly do the popular consensus things but I can see him going rogue on any number of spur of the moment decisions. Trump may be a bit unpredictable

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think Trump will tow the party line and work well with Demoncrats. As far as the wall, it might not be needed except for drugs. Like Town says there are other options and punishments that could be imposed for undocumented workers. I don't see immigrant workers as a problem again as Town says, how much would we pay for fruit as just one example. Overall I feel better and safer with Trump over Hitlery, i can't stand her

journey

The Republican primaries are over, and Donald Trump won. Many people will need some time to process this, and this includes the Republican party. Some in the Republican establishment are acting like they still have choices.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd rather understand what people who support Trump think a) are the problems he is uniquely qualified to address

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary. I can tell you with ease why the others did. The Republicans were put in power in 2010 to stop Obama and his plans, mainly Obamacare. They didn't. In 2014, the GOP was given an even larger majority including many state legislatures and governors. They did not stop Obama. IN fact, Boehner gave Obama everything he wanted. In 2012, they put the grandfather of Obamacare on the ballet, Mitt Romney. So that cycle was not going to go for them.

They had their chance. Trump is not a Republican and he is not a politician. Therefore, he is the choice.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I didn't vote for Trump in the primary. I can tell you with ease why the others did. The Republicans were put in power in 2010 to stop Obama and his plans, mainly Obamacare. They didn't. In 2014, the GOP was given an even larger majority including many state legislatures and governors. They did not stop Obama. IN fact, Boehner gave Obama everything he wanted. In 2012, they put the grandfather of Obamacare on the ballet, Mitt Romney. So that cycle was not going to go for them.

They had their chance. Trump is not a Republican and he is not a politician. Therefore, he is the choice.
I suspect that'a a lot of it. He hasn't said no and acted yes in setting public policy yet. It's why people who normally would make a great deal out of a lack of experience in any other candidate almost find it virtuous in him...that and maybe his willingness to say whatever he appears to believe without much regard for appeasing anyone who disagrees. That makes him attractive many people too. I think the hope is that he believes a few of the things that matter to a great many people and will do his best to institute them without worrying about the impression that makes.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's why people who normally would make a great deal out of a lack of experience ....

bammy proved that a lack of experience doesn't matter

remind us again town, which of the four candidates on the ballot in 2008 had executive experience?