I will not vote for trump

musterion

Some years back I thought I'd lost faith in the entire political process as it now exists. I only thought I had. Now I really have. All political races start getting nasty around this time but I can't remember one as chaotic and confusing as this one. The establishment (the R and D uniparty) is feeding it. They failed to turn many of us to support who they want. Now it looks like they're trying to turn us OFF. It seems they want to make many of us as disgusted with the process as possible so that we -- the ones who won't vote the way they want us to -- will give up. One big change, too: a lot of outlets in the ex-alternative media seem to be thoroughly unreliable and co-opted this time around, so you can't know who to believe anymore. At least that's the case with me. If you're not confused and demoralized by all this, then more power to you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
here are some interesting numbers
-that show democrats are voting in the republican primaries
-that show clinton will beat trump
-these are total votes so far from npr.org

20,375,925 Republicans
15,070,178 Democrats

By candidate
8,668,136 Clinton
7,548,429 Trump
6,131,951 Sanders
5,484,494 Cruz

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's a fair point. I'd respond by saying that Chrys wants you to help him destroy the Democratic party and to advance the Republican party because of its stand on abortion. He's stated that in the past repeatedly and dismissed those who have taken exception to a particular candidate for the White House based on his party-first notion. That same notion is indifferent to the hatred of the voter. Why should it be sensitive to the disposition of the candidate, outside of the plank/issue and result?

I'm not really sure why Trump's hatred trumps the abortion issue. Earlier I asked him what he thinks Trump would do about abortion and if he thinks Clinton wouldn't be worse on the issue and I haven't seen a response.

I can agree that Trump is an exception, but I'm not sure why that exception is more important than voting Republican to defeat abortion.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm not really sure why Trump's hatred trumps the abortion issue. Earlier I asked him what he thinks Trump would do about abortion and if he thinks Clinton wouldn't be worse on the issue and I haven't seen a response.

I can agree that Trump is an exception, but I'm not sure why that exception is more important than voting Republican to defeat abortion.

I think you might be able to answer that question. Do you think Donald Trump is hostile towards African Americans? If so, then he might secretly be pro-choice.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think you might be able to answer that question. Do you think Donald Trump is hostile towards African Americans? If so, then he might secretly be pro-choice.

No, I think Trump has mostly left blacks alone? :idunno:

I did vote for Ted Cruz in our primary, and he won our state. I'd love to see him be the Republican nominee.

thank you for voting for the only true Christian running. Kasich doesn't put Jesus first IMO, which makes me realize he won't necessarily put the Constitution first, or any other law.. although he has a lot of good traits and policies..

I just dont trust people who don't go to church.. not that i KNOW for sure he doesn't, but he did ditch the church he was raised in, and who knows why.. but.. well, whatever

God bless you and all people who see the truth and act on it, meaning the truth that Cruz is the very best.

:)

I will vote for Ted Cruz in our primary in April, and he will win our state, and he will win the Republican nomination and then none of us will be forced to vote for Trump against our wills and consciences.

well, again, if all Cruz people would (if DT wins) WRITE in Cruz's name..

If enough of us did that, and i know that is what i will be doing, i dont see how that can be ignored.

i dont get how some 3rd candidate, some non-running candidate can win. That is very un-democratic. But i dont have a problem with a convention that votes for Cruz over Trump. You know, maybe those establishment folks aren't as off as we thgouht... at least they (most?) realize that Cruz is at least what he says he is, a true conservative Republican. God knows what Dump is. He doesn't even seem to know..

sigh

Timotheos

:rotfl:

You're in for a rude awakening
If the unthinkable actually does happen as you claim, then at least MY conscience will be clean. You are right, it would be a very rude awakening.

So why don't we all just agree to support Cruz so that neither Trump nor Clinton will be elected president?
Wouldn't that be much better than trusting Trump or Hillary?

Timotheos

I don't think that Trump is "Pro-Choice" OR "Pro-Life".
I think he is "Pro-whatever gets Trump elected". Trump is "Pro-Trump".

Trump is a narcissist.
For people like that, it is ALL about THEM. Other people only matter for what they can do for Trump.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If the unthinkable actually does happen as you claim, then at least MY conscience will be clean. You are right, it would be a very rude awakening.

So why don't we all just agree to support Cruz so that neither Trump nor Clinton will be elected president?
Wouldn't that be much better than trusting Trump or Hillary?

Ted does not stand an earthly against Clinton or even Sanders. Trump is really the only one with a realistic hope of defeating her in debate.

...it is always the one on one debates that decides the Presidency

Timotheos

Ted does not stand an earthly against Clinton or even Sanders. Trump is really the only one with a realistic hope of defeating her in debate.

...it is always the one on one debates that decides the Presidency

Trump is a terrible debater. He always gets red in the face and starts shouting.
If it really does come down to Trump vs Hillary, and if it really does depend on debating skill, then we will be stuck with the Clintons again. Not that she is such a good debater, but because Trump is so bad at it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sanders's Super Saturday Sweep

Democratic voters had a message for Hillary Clinton on Saturday: It’s not over yet.

The front-runner may possess a substantial lead, support from elected officials, and the backing of the party establishment. But in the three states where voters caucused on Saturday, they cast their ballots for Bernie Sanders by huge margins. In Hawaii, with most votes tallied, he chalked up 71 percent; in Washington, he held 73 percent; and in Alaska, he claimed 82 percent support.

“I feel like probably for the first time since I’ve been voting I connect with somebody I really believe in and that I trust,” one supporter told the Seattle Times. Saturday’s vote suggests she’s not alone. Party officials in Washington said that at least 225,000 voters showed up, rivaling the record turnout of 2008; the 10,600 who voted in Alaska exceeded that state’s 2008 tally; and the 33,716 in Hawaii, while below the 2008 level, included 7,000 new Democrats registered since late last year.

Sanders won from wall to wall. He took every county in Washington, and in Alaska, he posted double-digit margins in all 40 districts.​

ClimateSanity

No, I think Trump has mostly left blacks alone? :idunno:
Trumps positions would help middle class blacks. He would also grow the size of government. A large portion of middle class blacks are in the bureaucracy and in companies that get contracts from the government. Trump is pro police though. This offends black lives matter. They are not wholly representative of the black community though. Trump could potentially get the largest share of the black vote in history if he plays his cards right.