Humility and Sell All Your Possessions and Properties

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To be born of God is to be born in the spirit which is to be baptized in the holy spirit which is to have the spirit of God come inside you which is to receive the holy spirit. These are all different terms and phrases for the same event. Upon which, a manifestation of power always happens when a man receives the holy spirit.

Yes.

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] - I'm mad for portions of the day and the rest of the time I'm happy.

You are mad for following Calvin and claiming to be a Christian who advocated to kill their enemy, and saved. Your Lord is Calvin, not Jesus.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wonder what you would think when you read the actual bible, seeing that most of this study is merely just quoted scripture. Regardless, I do not expect pigs to understand the value of pearls.

Repent means to turn around, or change your mind. Better get out of the watchtower, lest you partake in their many sins. Repent (change your mind about sin, to God instead)

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Repent means to turn around, or change your mind. Better get out of the watchtower, lest you partake in their many sins. Repent (change your mind about sin, to God instead)

Repent means to stop sinning, not just change your mind about sin. You have yourself fooled if that's all that you think it entails. Also, I am not a JW, and I have said it many times, just like yourselves, they err in various other doctrines.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Repent means to stop sinning

No, thats not what it means.

metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man

metanoia: change of mind, repentance
Original Word: μετάνοια, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: metanoia
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an'-oy-ah)
Short Definition: repentance, a change of mind
Definition: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Cognate: 3341 metánoia – literally, "a change of mind" ("after-thought"); repentance. See 3340 /metanoeō

This is EXACTLY why scripture also states that God Himself repents (changes His mind)

You dont know what you are talking about. Are you aware that if you consider yourself a teacher, You are held accountable when you teach incorrect things?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
No, thats not what it means.

metanoeó: to change one's mind or purpose
Original Word: μετανοÎ*ω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man

metanoia: change of mind, repentance
Original Word: μετάνοια, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: metanoia
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an'-oy-ah)
Short Definition: repentance, a change of mind
Definition: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Cognate: 3341 metánoia – literally, "a change of mind" ("after-thought"); repentance. See 3340 /metanoeō

This is EXACTLY why scripture also states that God Himself repents (changes His mind)

You dont know what you are talking about. Are you aware that if you consider yourself a teacher, You are held accountable when you teach incorrect things?

Are you aware that your own view permits sin whereas my view disallows it? Jesus Christ said, "sin no more", because this is exactly what repents means. Whereas you think that a mere attitude adjustment is sufficient while you carry on sinning. This cannot be, you must stop sinning and walk blameless before God. This is also why Jesus Christ said "be perfect".

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Are you aware that your own view permits sin whereas my view disallows it? Jesus Christ said, "sin no more", because this is exactly what repents means. Whereas you think that a mere attitude adjustment is sufficient while you carry on sinning. This cannot be, you must stop sinning and walk blameless before God. This is also why Jesus Christ said "be perfect".

Are you aware that all have sinned and need the Savior? The word defined as perfect in the greek, doesnt mean what it does in english, it means to be complete. We are complete in Christ, relationship restored to God.

Where on earth did you learn that junk you teach, do you study the greek at all?

teleios: having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Original Word: τέλειος, α, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: teleios
Phonetic Spelling: (tel'-i-os)
Short Definition: perfect, full-grown
Definition: perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character.

We are complete in Christ, we are in Him as He is in the Father, complete union.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Are you aware that all have sinned and need the Savior? The word defined as perfect in the greek, doesnt mean what it does in english, it means to be complete. We are complete in Christ, relationship restored to God.

Where on earth did you learn that junk you teach, do you study the greek at all?

teleios: having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Original Word: τέλειος, α, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: teleios
Phonetic Spelling: (tel'-i-os)
Short Definition: perfect, full-grown
Definition: perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character.

We are complete in Christ, we are in Him as He is in the Father, complete union.

Obviously all have sinned, but that does not mean you can continue to sin. This is why Jesus Christ said,

"No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more." (John 8:11 [NLT])

Because Jesus Christ had forgiven her of all past sins, but from that point henceforth, he instructed her to sin no more. This is even why Abram was told to walk blameless before God before he received the sign of the covenant, which was circumcision,

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, (Genesis 17:1 [ESV])

Or why even Paul warned,

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. (Hebrews 10:26 [NASB])

You cannot be forgiven of your sins if you carry on sinning. It would be the equivalent of a man being pardoned for murder, but then goes on to murder again. Obviously he will be arrested and thrown in jail yet again, regardless of having being pardoned the previous time. You cannot carry on sinning once you have received knowledge of the truth.

beameup

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin.
And if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

1 John 2:1 - an advocate is like a defense attorney, pleading our case

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. - 1 John 1:8-10

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Obviously all have sinned, but that does not mean you can continue to sin. This is why Jesus Christ said,

"No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more." (John 8:11 [NLT])

Because Jesus Christ had forgiven her of all past sins, but from that point henceforth, he instructed her to sin no more. This is even why Abram was told to walk blameless before God before he received the sign of the covenant, which was circumcision,

When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, (Genesis 17:1 [ESV])

Or why even Paul warned,

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES. (Hebrews 10:26 [NASB])

You cannot be forgiven of your sins if you carry on sinning. It would be the equivalent of a man being pardoned for murder, but then goes on to murder again. Obviously he will be arrested and thrown in jail yet again, regardless of having being pardoned the previous time. You cannot carry on sinning once you have received knowledge of the truth.

(Ecclesiastes 7:20)

# Are you wiser than Solomon?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
(Ecclesiastes 7:20)

# Are you wiser than Solomon?

That was before Jesus Christ came, whereupon he brought an end to sin. Once a man stops sinning, which is what repentance means, and then receives the holy spirit, it then becomes impossible to sin again, because the baptism of the holy spirit removes evil desires from the heart, which are the cause of sin. This is why it is written,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

Whoever says that a believer can or will continue after receiving the holy spirit does not actually have the holy spirit and lacks understanding to what he actually does, hence why it is written here,

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Those who are born of God are perfected, hence why they can no longer sin, because they have been sanctified, by the holy spirit,

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (1 Peter 1:2 [ESV])

This is why the prophecy concerning Jesus Christ states that he not only came to atone for sin, but also to end it,

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

Which is why he states this,

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

In which case, perfection is only possible by receiving the spirit of God, whereupon you are caused to be perfect, hence,

“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. (Ezekiel 36:26 [NASB])

These scriptures are irrefutable. You cannot carry on sinning, because if you have not been freed from sin, you will surely die in your sins,

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That was before Jesus Christ came, whereupon he brought an end to sin. Once a man stops sinning, which is what repentance means, and then receives the holy spirit, it then becomes impossible to sin again, because the baptism of the holy spirit removes evil desires from the heart, which are the cause of sin. This is why it is written,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

Whoever says that a believer can or will continue after receiving the holy spirit does not actually have the holy spirit and lacks understanding to what he actually does, hence why it is written here,

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Those who are born of God are perfected, hence why they can no longer sin, because they have been sanctified, by the holy spirit,

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (1 Peter 1:2 [ESV])

This is why the prophecy concerning Jesus Christ states that he not only came to atone for sin, but also to end it,

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

Which is why he states this,

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

In which case, perfection is only possible by receiving the spirit of God, whereupon you are caused to be perfect, hence,

“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. (Ezekiel 36:26 [NASB])

These scriptures are irrefutable. You cannot carry on sinning, because if you have not been freed from sin, you will surely die in your sins,

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

(Romans 3:10) Post Jesus...

And... (Philippians 3:4f, 6f, 8f, 9f, 11f)

Now please note... (Proverbs 17:28)

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
(Romans 3:10) Post Jesus...

And... (Philippians 3:4f, 6f, 8f, 9f, 11f)

Now please note... (Proverbs 17:28)

You do realize that Paul calls himself blameless according to the law in that passage in Philippians?

as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. (Philippians 3:6 [ESV])

Next, we have all sinned, hence why the scriptures state that we all have sin and have all sinned. But this does not mean you can continue to sin, because the very purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ is to deliver and free his people from sin. How much longer will your ears be shut and eyes be blind to this truth? You yourselves prevent yourselves from becoming free of sin by the spirit because of your own callousness and hardness of heart. Is it so impossible for God to perfect his people through his spirit? Do we not even see evidence in scripture of a man being turned instantly into another man by the spirit?

And spirit of the LORD shall spring upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and you shall turn into another man. (1 Samuel 10:6 [ABP])

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You do realize that Paul calls himself blameless according to the law in that passage in Philippians?

as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. (Philippians 3:6 [ESV])

Next, we have all sinned, hence why the scriptures state that we all have sin and have all sinned. But this does not mean you can continue to sin, because the very purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ is to deliver and free his people from sin. How much longer will your ears be shut and eyes be blind to this truth? You yourselves prevent yourselves from becoming free of sin by the spirit because of your own callousness and hardness of heart. Is it so impossible for God to perfect his people through his spirit? Do we not even see evidence in scripture of a man being turned instantly into another man by the spirit?

And spirit of the LORD shall spring upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and you shall turn into another man. (1 Samuel 10:6 [ABP])

You do realize Paul calls himself the Chief of all sinners... right?

If I simply quote Ephesians 2:8... you have ammunition... but... if Inquote (Ephesians 2:8f) ... Your entire motivation is revealed...

Paul further reveals why people speak like you... and... thus why you speak as you do... (Galatians 6:13)

Though you won't concede... That's officially CHECKMATE... Bub.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You do realize Paul calls himself the Chief of all sinners... right?

If I simply quote Ephesians 2:8... you have ammunition... but... if Inquote (Ephesians 2:8f) ... Your entire motivation is revealed...

Paul further reveals why people speak like you... and... thus why you speak as you do... (Galatians 6:13)

Though you won't concede... That's officially CHECKMATE... Bub.

I am uncircumcised in the flesh, and I know that circumcision avails to nothing, so this scripture does not speak of me. I am speaking of the necessity of "stop sinning". How is it that you do not understand? You must stop sinning.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I am uncircumcised in the flesh, and I know that circumcision avails to nothing, so this scripture does not speak of me. I am speaking of the necessity of "stop sinning". How is it that you do not understand? You must stop sinning.

Good luck with that Pedro...

# (1 John 1:8)

If you don't want to be part of Jesus' Healthcare plan... that's all on you... (Mark 2:17)

Me and myself... I'm signing up at the Paul level of Jesus' Care (1 Timothy 1:15)

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Good luck with that Pedro...

# (1 John 1:8)

If you don't want to be part of Jesus' Healthcare plan... that's all on you... (Mark 2:17)

Me and myself... I'm signing up at the Paul level of Jesus' Care (1 Timothy 1:15)

You presumptuously call me Pedro because I am uncircumcised? Now now, let us not be imbeciles, for most of the world is actually uncircumcised, and circumcision is not a Caucasian practice, but a religious practice, held even among Muslims. But irregardless of your own obvious ignorance on this matter, if think that you can carry on sinning, then by all means, continue to sin. I, on the other hand, will fear God and not sin, hence,

Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning." (Exodus 20:20 [NIV])

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You presumptuously call me Pedro because I am uncircumcised? Now now, let us not be imbeciles, for most of the world is actually uncircumcised, and circumcision is not a Caucasian practice, but a religious practice, held even among Muslims. But irregardless of your own obvious ignorance on this matter, if think that you can carry on sinning, then by all means, continue to sin. I, on the other hand, will fear God and not sin, hence,

Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning." (Exodus 20:20 [NIV])

We're Sorry... [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION] is logging off now... Pretty please... Quote this... as is...
And every time you reply to EE...

Simply place this quote above whatever you write... this will simulate the remainder of what conversion you had left.

giphy.gif

(Romans 10:3 + Ephesians 2:8f + Romans 4:4f)