How To Know For Sure That You Are Saved

Right Divider

Body part
To quote one of the posters in another forum, "I cannot force you to be right", RD. I understand resiliency to change especially if one had for long believed in what he knew was truth.

Your 1% comparing the lost to 99.9% of Israel as being lost, is inaccurate. The coin was 10% of the total. The lost son was 50% of the total. These tell us the emphasis is not in the figures but in the situation of the subjects in the parables. They started out NOT lost.
You are just too thick Samie.

You completely trash the actual meaning of the stories with your forced theory.

You are right that the Lord's parables of the lost are accurate in depicting God's love for man. But instead of "found", people start out in life NOT lost. "Found" comes after one is lost.

God made man upright, as Solomon correctly quipped. God's saving Adam that day he fell into sin, saved Adam in Christ (Acts 4:12). With Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ. And to be born in Christ is to be born NOT lost.
It's interesting that everyone "starts out found", but 100% of humanity in all of human history (apart from ONE man) got lost and have to be saved. That doesn't exact match your version of the parables.

Rom 3:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:9) What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; (3:10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (3:11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. (3:12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Samie

You are just too thick Samie.
Yes, thick in truth as it is in Scriptures.

You completely trash the actual meaning of the stories with your forced theory.
Yes, I have completely trashed your false stories.

It's interesting that everyone "starts out found",
As usual you're interested in what is not true. If people starts out found, then they got lost earlier.

but 100% of humanity in all of human history (apart from ONE man) got lost and have to be saved. That doesn't exact match your version of the parables.
You got it right in saying 100% GOT LOST. They did not start out already lost. Only those not yet lost can get lost. And it's a perfect match with my version all along.

You're version: People "starts out found", hence got lost earlier. Then got lost again. The shepherd lost his sheep twice. And it is what you want Jesus to mean in His parables of the lost.

You're proven once more to be not rightly dividing the word of truth, RD. Sorry, I can't force you to be right.

beloved57

How to know for sure that we are saved.

To know for sure that we are saved, we simply need to set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow through repentance and obedience to God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Or... to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

What about worshipping a golden calf like the jews did ?

Samie

Adam sinned, and God saved him that same day, an act that cost the Father His only begotten Son - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Right Divider wrongly divides this. He believes God did not save Adam that day, most probably because he couldn't understand how Jesus is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Robert Pate

Banned
Adam sinned, and God saved him that same day, an act that cost the Father His only begotten Son - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Right Divider wrongly divides this. He believes God did not save Adam that day, most probably because he couldn't understand how Jesus is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If Adam was saved, then why did God expel him and Eve from the Garden and break fellowship with them?

What about Cain and Abel? Cain was a born sinner that murdered his brother Abel.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You know you are saved when you love (1 Jn 3:14).

"If your religion has not changed your life, you'd better change your religion." ~ Adrian Rogers

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The Calvinist is always wondering, "Have I been predestinated, am I really one of the chosen ones?"
They are in the in crowd (Re 3:17). They say God accomplishes what he sets out to accomplish. They say God is irresistible and sort of forget that men resist him every day (Jer 17:9).

In Catholicism the question is "Am I good enough, am I doing enough good works?"
:eek:linger: They are good enough on Sunday :eek: and then repeat their sins Monday through Saturday (Jn 8:34). :banana:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Not a hope so salvation; a know so salvation.] That is false.

Live by the flesh--die (Ro 8:13). :eek:linger:

You're like a black and white cookie. Half and half right now--little bit of good; :eek: Little bit of bad. :banana: You have a choice to choose life (Josh 24:15). When you take the mark of the beast,
captain_america_emoticon_by_starrypoke-d5fsblp.gif
you will be unable from that point to ever choose life again (Re 14:9).

Look to the cookie (Re 3:18). Your heart is not completely black--yet.