How To Know For Sure That You Are Saved

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation is not a think so, salvation is a know so.

If you are not sure that you are saved, it may be because you are not. Religion causes people to doubt their salvation because religion is subjective. The Calvinist is always wondering, "Have I been predestinated, am I really one of the chosen ones?" In Catholicism the question is "Am I good enough, am I doing enough good works?" All religions are subjective and cause a person to introspect themselves to see if they are saved. As long as you do this you will never be confident that you are saved, Everyone is a sinner. If you are looking for some merit within yourself, such as your Christian life, you will never have assurance of your salvation.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective, that is it took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel. It is so far outside of us that it happened over 2000 years ago before we were born. The Gospel does not concern us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done in our name and on our behalf. Paul wrote, "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us". In the Gospel, Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our representative. His mission was to do for humanity what humanity could not do for its self. In our name and on our behalf Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. It was HIS life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus in our name and on our behalf atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

The law has been fulfilled for us. Our sins have been atoned for us. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we have been justified and reconciled to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus has done in the Gospel. We are the benefactors of the Gospel, not the instigators of the Gospel. When God accepted Jesus back into heaven we were accepted in him. Our real life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God as complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

This Gospel becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing. No religion needed. If you still need Calvinism, Catholicism or some other religion, then you are not really trusting in Christ and HIS Gospel. You are trusting in yourself and your religion for your salvation, which will cause you to doubt if you are really saved.

Samie

Hi Robert;

You said: "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective, that is it took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel. It is so far outside of us that it happened over 2000 years ago before we were born."

It happened more than 6000 years ago, Robert, when God implemented the plan of salvation He devised before the beginning of time and saved Adam that same day he fell into sin, reinstating him to his pre-fall status, an act that cost God His only begotten Son, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. This gracious, saving act of God was manifested in the life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Savior and Lord. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants were born in Christ, instead of born in sin.

The lost sheep was initially with its owner before it got lost; the lost coin was with the woman before it got lost, and the lost son was with his father before he got lost. Those three did not start out lost. So with us. We did not start out lost. And to be NOT lost, is to be In Christ. Therefore, people are born in Christ instead of born in sin.

And being in Christ Who is our Strength, we have His power to overcome evil with good. And overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life and will be seated with Christ in His throne as He also is an overcomer and sat down with the Father in His throne. Sadly, non-overcomers will be blotted out and will have their portion in the lake of fire.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

If you are not sure that you are saved, it may be because you are not. Religion causes people to doubt their salvation because religion is subjective. The Calvinist is always wondering, "Have I been predestinated, am I really one of the chosen ones?" In Catholicism the question is "Am I good enough, am I doing enough good works?" All religions are subjective and cause a person to introspect themselves to see if they are saved. As long as you do this you will never be confident that you are saved, Everyone is a sinner. If you are looking for some merit within yourself, such as your Christian life, you will never have assurance of your salvation.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective, that is it took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel. It is so far outside of us that it happened over 2000 years ago before we were born. The Gospel does not concern us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done in our name and on our behalf. Paul wrote, "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us". In the Gospel, Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our representative. His mission was to do for humanity what humanity could not do for its self. In our name and on our behalf Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. It was HIS life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus in our name and on our behalf atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

The law has been fulfilled for us. Our sins have been atoned for us. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we have been justified and reconciled to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus has done in the Gospel. We are the benefactors of the Gospel, not the instigators of the Gospel. When God accepted Jesus back into heaven we were accepted in him. Our real life is hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God as complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

This Gospel becomes ours by simple child like faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing. No religion needed. If you still need Calvinism, Catholicism or some other religion, then you are not really trusting in Christ and HIS Gospel. You are trusting in yourself and your religion for your salvation, which will cause you to doubt if you are really saved.

Excellent OP.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hi Robert;

You said: "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective, that is it took place totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel. It is so far outside of us that it happened over 2000 years ago before we were born."

It happened more than 6000 years ago, Robert, when God implemented the plan of salvation He devised before the beginning of time and saved Adam that same day he fell into sin, reinstating him to his pre-fall status, an act that cost God His only begotten Son, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. This gracious, saving act of God was manifested in the life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Savior and Lord. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants were born in Christ, instead of born in sin.

The lost sheep was initially with its owner before it got lost; the lost coin was with the woman before it got lost, and the lost son was with his father before he got lost. Those three did not start out lost. So with us. We did not start out lost. And to be NOT lost, is to be In Christ. Therefore, people are born in Christ instead of born in sin.

And being in Christ Who is our Strength, we have His power to overcome evil with good. And overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life and will be seated with Christ in His throne as He also is an overcomer and sat down with the Father in His throne. Sadly, non-overcomers will be blotted out and will have their portion in the lake of fire.

We are not all born in Christ. We are born in sin, Romans 5:12.

To be "In Christ" you have to receive the Gospel and be born again,1 Peter 1:23.

Samie

We are not all born in Christ. We are born in sin, Romans 5:12.
The verse does not say that. It says all have sinned. Sinning is done AFTER, not before nor during, birth.

To be "In Christ" you have to receive the Gospel and be born again,1 Peter 1:23.
Neither did Peter say what you say he said.

If, as you said, for you to be in Christ, you must first receive the gospel, then you can do SOMETHING - receive the gospel - while yet apart from Christ. That's diametrically opposed to what Christ said that apart from Him you can do NOTHING.

Robert Pate

Banned
The verse does not say that. It says all have sinned. Sinning is done AFTER, not before nor during, birth.

Neither did Peter say what you say he said.

If, as you said, for you to be in Christ, you must first receive the gospel, then you can do SOMETHING - receive the gospel - while yet apart from Christ. That's diametrically opposed to what Christ said that apart from Him you can do NOTHING.

King David said, "Behold I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel, some of who had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4, Acts 2:36.

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Samie

King David said, "Behold I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.
Yes, David said he was conceived in sin, but God tells Jeremiah He sanctified him in the womb. Jeremiah 1:5. Therefore, people are conceived in sin but born already sanctified. And those God sanctified, He made perfect forever. Heb 10:14. Those verses plainly tell us we were born NOT in sin but born sanctified. And to be sanctified is to be in Christ.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel, some of who had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4, Acts 2:36.

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
Those texts do not say those people were born in sin. Instead they tell us those people were ABLE to do SOMETHING - they heard and believed the gospel. Therefore, they are NOT apart from Christ, for apart from Him, Christ said they can do NOTHING.

False Prophet

Demons believe, yet they tremble. Faith must be accompanied by works. He who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. We must subdue the flesh. Salvation is not a confession. Salvation is a walk. Let no body deceive you with vain words, because of these things the wrath of God abides on the sons of disobedience. The religion of Robert Pate does not save you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, David said he was conceived in sin, but God tells Jeremiah He sanctified him in the womb. Jeremiah 1:5. Therefore, people are conceived in sin but born already sanctified. And those God sanctified, He made perfect forever. Heb 10:14. Those verses plainly tell us we were born NOT in sin but born sanctified. And to be sanctified is to be in Christ.

Those texts do not say those people were born in sin. Instead they tell us those people were ABLE to do SOMETHING - they heard and believed the gospel. Therefore, they are NOT apart from Christ, for apart from Him, Christ said they can do NOTHING.

All I have is the scripture. If you don't believe the scripture that is your problem.

Once again, Paul said, "There is none, righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Demons believe, yet they tremble. Faith must be accompanied by works. He who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. We must subdue the flesh. Salvation is not a confession. Salvation is a walk. Let no body deceive you with vain words, because of these things the wrath of God abides on the sons of disobedience. The religion of Robert Pate does not save you.

Those who have come to Christ as repentant sinner to be saved by him are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in their lives that produce good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

Just as the law was a keeper for the Jews. The Holy Spirit is the keeper for the Christian.

However, even your very best falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

False Prophet

definition of Feuerbach's,
that the essence of all religion is covetousness, which
manifests itself in prayer, sacrifice, and faith.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

If you are not sure that you are saved, it may be because you are not.

I completely disagree with you on this, examining oneself is completely normal and God knows our frame still contains flesh.

beloved57

You teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways,

beloved57

Those who have come to Christ as repentant sinner to be saved by him are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in their lives that produce good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

Just as the law was a keeper for the Jews. The Holy Spirit is the keeper for the Christian.

However, even your very best falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

False statements, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10!

beloved57

One must be born of God to hear God's words Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Samie

All I have is the scripture.
Problem is you haven't shown even one single verse saying people are born in sin. Instead, I have shown you scriptures that people start out life NOT lost. Again, from Jesus' own words in Luke 15 - the parables of the lost sheep, coin and son. Before the sheep got lost, it was with its shepherd. Before the coin was lost, it was with its owner. Before the son was lost, he was with his father. So with us. We started out in life NOT lost. And to be not lost is to be in Christ. Therefore, we were born in Christ, instead of in sin.

If you don't believe the scripture that is your problem.
Looks like your problem, not mine. What prevents you from believing what Jesus said in the parables of the lost in Luke 15?

Once again, Paul said, "There is none, righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10..
Again, that verse does not say people are born in sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Problem is you haven't shown even one single verse saying people are born in sin. Instead, I have shown you scriptures that people start out life NOT lost. Again, from Jesus' own words in Luke 15 - the parables of the lost sheep, coin and son. Before the sheep got lost, it was with its shepherd. Before the coin was lost, it was with its owner. Before the son was lost, he was with his father. So with us. We started out in life NOT lost. And to be not lost is to be in Christ. Therefore, we were born in Christ, instead of in sin.

Looks like your problem, not mine. What prevents you from believing what Jesus said in the parables of the lost in Luke 15?

Again, that verse does not say people are born in sin.

I quoted Psalm 51:5. If you were seeking the truth that should have been enough.

And then I quoted Romans 5:12 and that was not enough.

When Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Who do you think that Paul was talking about?

Samie

I quoted Psalm 51:5. If you were seeking the truth that should have been enough.
God's words in Jeremiah 1:5 that He sanctified people in the womb should have been enough to convince you that people are conceived in sin but born sanctified.

And then I quoted Romans 5:12 and that was not enough.
Of course, it does not say people are born in sin.

When Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Who do you think that Paul was talking about?
Paul was not saying people are born in sin. You simply think he does. Eccl 7:29 says God made man upright. And because everyone sinned, all became unrighteous. Hence, there is none righteous.

What prevents you from believing Jesus when He explained in Luke 15 that people start out NOT lost? You can't address Luke 15, can you? So with Jer 1:5, John 15:4, 5, Eccl 7:29, etc. On the other hand, I have addressed all your objections.

Robert Pate

Banned
God's words in Jeremiah 1:5 that He sanctified people in the womb should have been enough to convince you that people are conceived in sin but born sanctified.

Of course, it does not say people are born in sin.

Paul was not saying people are born in sin. You simply think he does. Eccl 7:29 says God made man upright. And because everyone sinned, all became unrighteous. Hence, there is none righteous.

What prevents you from believing Jesus when He explained in Luke 15 that people start out NOT lost? You can't address Luke 15, can you? So with Jer 1:5, John 15:4, 5, Eccl 7:29, etc. On the other hand, I have addressed all your objections.

No you haven't.

I have raised three children. Not one of them was righteous from birth. Babies are nothing but narcissistic little demons. Whenever the opportunity presents its self they will bite you.