How the Gospel Works

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Again, the title was not mine, nor the link. I have a pastor friend I grew up with, not a Calvinist, that preached this message and asked that it be linked by his friends. You are on a crusade. One that doesn't listen. Well, I appreciate you hate this but for me, and if you just▲ read AMR▲
it is a scriptural/logical issue, not Calvinist specific. Literally, we are just scapegoated for 'what is found in scripture' and logically derived. Okay! Great! Tell me your logic and how to handle those very scriptures (kind of sad in a thread not about that, though :( ). Regardless, do so here, or in another thread. I've been very careful to discuss MAD with you in an intelligent and respectful manner. As well, others have made it a deal breaker as well. I guess I'm the odd-man-in. Talk to me. I simply think you are 'wrong.' Paul says to gently correct. Imho, you are over-reacting to a nonissue. It has not a lot to do with interfering with the gospel (none imho). Rather, it is the scope of the gospel. As I told you in PM with scriptures, even you know it is a narrow way. :doh: You know this. Tell me how you handle this knowledge. What does it mean. Explain it to me.

AMR has explained this in threads well, if not to you specifically. He has said repeatedly that the sufficiency is there. If the whole world were to repent, His work is sufficient. That is never what most of us Calvinists are arguing.

In a nutshell and an encapsulated sentence: God would not shed His blood 'for' one He knows isn't going to be saved by Arminian, Calvinist, or even Open Theist standards. Questions before denial: Do you believe in Universal 'salvation?' Are you an Open Theist? Is the Way narrow?

Romans 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life

Enemies Lon!

It says that He... Himself Desires that NONE should be Lost! NONE! He taught us to Love Our Enemies! Does that make God a Universalist?

Is the blood of human choice now on God's head... as well? Is Christ Duplicitous?

Lon... He died for ALL! He ressurected for ALL! Not ALL place their hope in Him or accept what He is offering... but.. @Lon... He damn well DIED for even the most hateful... of us. He died for the most wicked of us! He offers salvation to all! Is God now a man that He goes back on His Word? He is our God-Man... and His Love goes far past ours...

Please explain how you... you... Lon... could even suggest that He didn't die for even those that reject Him.

I don't. Christ and all He has done, is the Chief Cornerstone or the Stone the builders rejected and stumbled over. How?

For a few posts, lets assume you and I are neither one extreme nor the other. We have to simply discuss what we both believe. Let's assume, for the next few posts, I'm Arminian. Here is the beginning of such a conversation:

He only did one thing - taught salvation and provided for it. That blood which 'could' save those who rejected, rejected, they are not saved. Do you have any problem, whatsoever, with a person rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ? (Forget Exhaustive Definite Foreknowledge) He obviously came to save. All? If He came to save all, all would be saved? You nor I believe that. Why? Why don't you believe it? At the end of this, you and I are going to agree and a good many things. In order to be biblical, we MUST agree on a great many things. Let's start here. -Lon

Okay... So.. you acknowledge that God died for All mankind... Even those that will most likely perish in their sins?

I asked if you really believed that God didn't die for those that rejected Him...

You have followed through with... "I don't"

This requires absolutely zero use of vague theological terms like Calvinism and Arminianism...

In fact.. only obfuscation would come of blending seminary terms with this straight forward conversation. I want to specify a matter... I and you are adamantly apposed to ANY and ALL limiting of what Jesus accomplished on the Cross. I and you are bound in brotherhood in compassion for those that are washed in doubt or deceived that God is ANYTHING... but Love.

There... global thinking... "engaged". Posturing... dismissed.

However... to heat this up a bit... I have noted you scuffling with Robert Pate... and honestly... allow me to be direct... Pate rails against "So-Called"... "Hyper-Calvinist Precepts". Most of us in the Open and Dispensational camp distinguish between the two.

I buried my hatchet with "Calvinism"... quite a bit back... but... and I emphasize but... here comes the core concern of the matter...

Calvinism arrogantly reaches to inject extra biblical Precepts... via extra biblical prescription and recorded statements of faith... that threaten the purity of the gospel with scripture... alone. You... do not do this. You encourage the Bible and Spirit approach on a continual basis and have even provided me with one of my favorite lines of communication. "We must let Jesus and the Bible mold us and not attempt to reverse the order of that simple and powerful commitment."

The danger of glamorizing a more biblical "Calvinism"... is... that some that are weak in faith may believe that [MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15399]Nanja[/MENTION] 's brand ... also [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION] 's and Mr. Nang' brand of Calvinism are good.

The sad truth is that Some become fruit inspectors and are prone to squash all biblical dialogue that is speculative... outside the works of "reformed" Commentary, Decree and Declaration.

I keep these cards close to my chest... normally... because I haven't felt it necessary to address... but Calvinism is an aggressively rehashed collection of Papal decree... filtered through the lens of men that resisted the institution of power... but maintained a vast volume of core theological values that were dispensed by the "Universal" "Mother" of "Brick and Mortar".

I consider myself neither Protestant or Catholic... because I believe that Jesus is the FOUNDATION of the Universal... Invisible Body of Believers. I believe that the Holy Spirit works through all modes of "Hyphenated Christians"... and this includes... Calvinists and Catholics... HOWEVER... I resist the idea that any institution of MAN should ever be placed in between myself and our MAKER.

Thus... I "choose" "Open Theology" as my NASCAR Sponsor... and paint it on the side of my Witness Race Car... to convey that God is our God of "Personal and Collective... progressive Revelation" ... and "Perpetual Dialogue" of scriptures... to be... continually free in discussion of scripture... "Through the Lens" of Jesus Christ as my and others... ONLY TEACHER... through His Holy Spirit.... and recognize that while His teachings and HOLY Scriptures are "Inerrant".... we are not.. and thus.. our perception is recognized as PERCEPTION and NOT Canon.

Calvinism is "Closed" theology that stakes the claim that all that is to be studied is FULLY Studied and Revealed. Western Eschatology roots in this very ideal. I don't believe that declaring that Scripture has been neatly interpreted and Conveyed correctly by extra biblical men or women... is ever a GOOD approach.

To be direct... Neither do you! Musty called you out... yesterday ... and identified that you can't straddle the fence of theology. He further articulated a truth... that so called "Hyper Calvinists" tend to be more direct about what they believe. And... if it isn't the gospel dismemberment that is vomited out of the mouth of Hyper-Calvinists... that hangs Calvinism on its own gallows.. it is the Obfuscation of So called "Progressive?" Calvinists that struggle to pound the square peg of Calvinism into the simplistic Jesus Hole of the Nitty Gritty Gospel that over complicate smack that is easy enough for a kid to understand ... and "that" OVERCOMPLICATION ... again... hangs Calvinism on its own gallows.

[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] is a fair shooter that looks out for all of us that glorify Jesus and Recognize the supremacy of the Spirits ability to teach us... in conjunction with the God enacted preservation of Scripture... and I mean Scripture that is available to us as a deep tool of study, discussion and application. I dropped Shermans name... because I need to point out that this forum is available to perpetuate fresh discussion of scripture... and to be blunt... Nang... Nanja... Beloved57 and others would be at every corner to disrupt that... by exalting Calvinism as superior to Sola Scripture... in full recognition of what Sola really means... and [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION] prevents that from occurring by perpetually nipping the issue in the bud. Yes.., I know Robert has many abandoned threads... but... Robert serves an important purpose! He challenges the reasoning of men and women that exalt man's teachings above Jesus. It's that simple.

If Robert were to stop... the Hyper Precepts of Calvinism would be plastered on every OP and with charges of blasphemy issued to anyone who dared question the Supremacy of reformed understanding that is Christmas wrapped in the Name of John Calvin. That's not a good thing. You obviously are refreshed by the challenging dialogue that comes from the "Open" discussion of scripture... and thus... ToL is an oasis away from your overly dogmatic counter parts. Can you deny that? Do you "loath" or "enjoy" the challenging look at scripture that this Christ and following in the John 5:39 of the matter... scripture... centric site offers?

Calvinism is a Papacy... it decrees what scripture "actually" "means" and accordingly.., retards OPEN... Dialogue from Acts 11:26 types that want to be searchers and not just... passengers.

Calvinism supposes that understanding Calvinism is understanding God and thus... scripture is not a medium of searching... but a simple matter of the study of Doctrines of men that say what scripture means.

You can Tip Toe around it Lon... but your mind, heart and Soul do not allow you to stifle genuine search... even if it walks off the path of what Calvinism Pre Destines as the "Correct" Supposition.

I say all of this from my heart.. and know your replies are also as such...

So let's get right to it...

Is salvation Available to ALL mankind?

Is rejection of the Gospel a result of God's Will... or Human Choice?

Do you believe that blood will pour so much farther and SAVE so many more than we can even comprehend?

I know you Lon... your answers are Yes... Human Choice... and Yes... But you filter that through the obfuscation of Calvinism and thus... you formulate the Gospel through the Hyperbole of your respect for men that claim the title of a system of belief that you "support"... and yet deviate from on many occasions.

Why do you do this? Love for your human friends and fellow searchers. That's why... but Lon... How many Crucibles... B57's and Nanja's do you want screwing up the gospel?

By endorsing Calvinism... you unknowingly open others up to claiming a Hyper... or as [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] eluded earlier.... more direct form... of Calvinism.

Either you are attempting to guide those of Calvinism out of their LA misconceptions and Hyper views... or you are seeking to guide others into them. You can say neither... but you and AMR endorse "Calvinism".

Cocaine is medically useful for eye surgery and many other applications... should I now endorse "Cocaine" and hope that no one mistakes what I mean by doing so?

My point? ... I shut my mouth out of Love for you and AMR and focused on those that are deceived as to who Jesus is... and as we have both done together... those who remove the Jesus of the matter in respects to Who He Is.... but... I feel this is appropriate to write at this time... You and AMR remove yourselves from the Global Calvinist consortium and distinguish "Hyper Calvinism" from "Your Understanding" of Calvinism. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Nanja

Read your own verse citation; pay attention to "because" and what comes after it.

Men are not condemned because they fail to believe in Christ with their own freewill.

But they are condemned already; they were always under God's Wrath, and that's why they don't believe on the the Son of God.

In other words, a person must not be condemned already to have the privilege of believing on His Name Phil. 1:29.

So believing is not a condition to become saved, but is the fruit of New Birth Gal. 5:22, evidence that one already is saved.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is salvation Available to ALL mankind?

Is rejection of the Gospel a result of God's Will... or Human Choice?

Let me help. This is what Calvinists believe.

Well, I believe God Almighty is running the universe, down to every detail, according to His predetermined will and good pleasure.
Do you disagree?

God never rejected the reprobate according to His foreknowledge of their actions. God rejects reprobates according to His will.
God formed all men, either for dishonor or honor, according to His willful purposes and good pleasure.
To reject this truth is disbelief and a rejection of Sovereign God Himself.

Yes, she says God creates them so he can damn them to hell, and they deserve it. Let that sink in a bit.

Well, I believe God Almighty is running the universe, down to every detail, according to His predetermined will and good pleasure.
Do you disagree?
It is those not written in the Lamb's Book of Life that are reprobate and who will deservedly suffer hellfire
Now find out who agrees with her. If they do, they will likely misdirect as the light shines on the rats and then need scurry along.

Cross Reference

Which is what I say about works salvation.... a false gospel. :thumb:

Everyone knows that. Move on from the issue of salvation to the understanding of the "why of it all".

How 'bout I said Jesus was God's representation of a "normal" man; man as He originally intended man to be?

Cross Reference

Understanding the "Redemption-Salvation" issue:

It is not complicated IF . . .you can understand that God's purpose for creating Adam was for Adam to procreate a vast family of "Sons" to be "brought unto Glory" in the Godhead. cf Heb.2:10 KJV.

God wanted a vast family of Sons with dispositions just like Jesus Christ, God's representation of what a normal man would have been like had Adam not transgressed. But, Adam did. That did not however, stop the procreation process which continued producing sons except now they all needed to be redeemed. So, in the "fullness of time" which might be better understood to mean, 'When God had the number He required', He sent Jesus to redeem them. . . Simple, eh? Why make it complicated? "For God so loved the world . . . " per John 3:16 KJV.

Right Divider

Body part
Understanding the "Redemption-Salvation" issue:

It is not complicated IF . . .you can understand that God's purpose for creating Adam was for Adam to procreate a vast family of "Sons" to be "brought unto Glory" in the Godhead. cf Heb.2:10 KJV.

Don't ADD to scripture! It makes you a liar and a deceiver.

Heb 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

The Godhead will NEVER be anything but what it has ALWAYS been.

musterion

Now find out who agrees with her. If they do, they will likely misdirect as the light shines on the rats and then need scurry along.

That's why I found Mr. Nang's candor and bluntness a breath of fresh air...as fresh as air can be coming from the crypt of corrupt Reformed theology, anyway. Too much obfuscation and fog from most of them, and it's always deliberate.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Let me help. This is what Calvinists believe.

Yes, she says God creates them so he can damn them to hell, and they deserve it. Let that sink in a bit.

Nick M. ...

You are correct. Anyone who would view God in this "light"... within the quotes you have cited... has officially "created" a Father that desires child sacrifice so badly... that He went on ahead and provided His own "Created" children for the purpose...

Anyone who agrees with the quotes you cited is a giant "Peter Pettigrew"!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That's why I found Mr. Nang's candor and bluntness a breath of fresh air...as fresh as air can be coming from the crypt of corrupt Reformed theology, anyway. Too much obfuscation and fog from most of them, and it's always deliberate.

There is a lot of "heavy" verbiage in this thread that is candor and bluntness...

I have contributed along side you and Nick M. ... in that very tone... as well. I have enormous respect for [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] for their passion for Jesus Christ and willingness to step beyond their hyphenated affiliation... roll up their sleeves and speak about the very heart of the John 5:39 ... and... I iterate this to make it clear that I appreciate the friction their perspective can bring... on some occasions... (some occasions... referring to when Calvinism slants their perspective... in discussion)... and see their spiritual center as being more accurate than their carnal enunciation.

I've never been shy about Nang... Nanja and B57, though... and I appreciate their friction too... but I'll be damned to ever be silent and insinuate any form of agreement with the precepts of the Hyper view and the slippery slope of Calvinism in general.

To be ULTRA blunt... I think Lon and AMR are grounded in Jesus and thus... their hyphenation is merely a tool that they utilize... but I find it hard to believe that they can be shocked that many of their counter parts go off of the deep end.

When any training wheels forged of Commentary are used to assist a "new believer"... the danger is ever present that the believer clings to them tighter than the bike itself and grows to put their trust in the training wheels... instead of the bike... itself.

There... I said clearly what I have been silent... about... for some time.

:e4e:

Reactions: Lon

Eagles Wings

I am not really hostile toward Christians of any kind.

I have buckled down on Pate because he is opening too many threads that say the same thing than abandoning them. He is diluting his argument. A few well managed threads would be more effective.

I am happy to see though, that TOL is returning to its roots in a sense where members are discussing topics in mainstream Christian theology.
Thank for your full reply, Sherman. A strong amen to the above.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
God bound ALL to condemnation.

Don't you know that?

You have understood this particular place in Galatians correctly! I'm all about recognizing correct conveyance of scripture... even if we disagree at some other major points. Don't take this any other way than affirmation of your specific point here. And in that... I mean it!

Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Romans 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all

And... Crap! Looky there [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION]... there's that "ALL" you keep talking about... again...

If only "All" meant "Some"... some of your audience would be less behind hurt!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Men are not condemned because they fail to believe in Christ with their own freewill.

But they are condemned already; they were always under God's Wrath, and that's why they don't believe on the the Son of God.

In other words, a person must not be condemned already to have the privilege of believing on His Name Phil. 1:29.

So believing is not a condition to become saved, but is the fruit of New Birth Gal. 5:22, evidence that one already is saved.

Your bellowing vomit serves well here... You make refutation of Calvinism so easy that it can be done with minimal effort.

Daddy provided the SACRIFICE... HE didn't create people for the purpose of wrath. You claim the scriptures that can be assumed to say such... and I know the scriptures well... but you rip them from their context so harshly that the very paper bursts into flames!