ECT How much can I get away with?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Well, you have been preaching that your works will not save you which is against Jesus' word of to be faithful to Him.

think about it, friend. You seem to be going backward as your faith years are going by. You need to redirect your path.

Hehehe

Jason0047

Romans 8:1
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

For there is no condemnation for who?

(a) Those that are in Christ Jesus
(b) Those who walk not after the flesh
(c) Those who walk after the Spirit

That is what this passage says.

Romans 8:6
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
So if you are carnally minded, then death abides on you. Not physical death, but spiritual death.

In fact, we know this is talking about spiritual death and not physical death because:

#1. Everybody dies
(Whether they are believers or unbelievers)
(And there are many self proclaiming Christians who live for many years in unrepentant sin and do not physically die)

#2. And the Context of Romans 8:1-2
(Verse 1 references death as the "Condemnation" and verse 2 mentions being made free from the of law of sin and death) (Being free from death cannot refer to the physical resurrection of believers because everybody will have a bodily resurrection - Some will go to Heaven and others will go to the Lake of Fire in their new bodies) (This is talking about spiritual death in the Lake of Fire) (For that is the punishment for sin against God).

Also, the "Condemnation" mentioned here in Romans 8:1 is also mentioned in:

John 3:19-20
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

For if we believers sin again we have an advocate that we can go to to confess our sin (1 John 2:1) (1 John 1:9).

If you have accepted Christ but you are abiding in sin and have not confessed or repented of it then you are walking after the flesh and spiritual death is abiding on you. Pure and simple. For he that is humble shall be exalted. Repentance is getting yourself humble before your God and admitting that you are a sinner before the Lord. It is also showing that you are no longer of the children of disobedience or the devil's kingdom by abiding in evil things that are of the devil and not God. For the Bible warns that there are sins (that if not repented) can send you to Hell. Such sins would include murder, hate, lusting, drunkenness, unbelief, lying, robbery, idolatry, adultery, and coveting, etc (Revelation 21:8) (Galatians 5:19-21) (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) (Romans 1:28-32).

For a believer can stray away from the truth and be converted back and be saved again and the person who had helped them back to the faith would have contributed in saving their soul and in aiding them to confess their sins to the Lord (See James 5:19-20).

Now, do not misunderstand me, we are not saved by self directed works or by the power of our own might. Salvation is Jesus Christ (God) 100%. For it is the grace of Christ who does the good work in you. So you cannot take the credit. But if you do not abide with the Lord and His good ways, then you are not His. For whatever spirit you worship will prove itself by the type of fruit that is manifesting in your life. Are you hateful? Are you focused more about yourself than about others? Are you long suffering towards others? Are you joyful in the Lord? Do you find yourself hating people and not forgiving them? Are your words dark and dirty?

2 Corinthians 13:5
"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"​
Salvation is not a super power, nor is it of works of your own effort alone. Salvation is in having a relationship with Jesus Christ (1 John 5:12). A relationship that is upright and Holy. For the Scriptures say, be ye holy for I am holy (1 Peter 1:16); And without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). For God will not tolerate sin because He is Holy. For how can two walk if they are not in agreement? (Amos 3:3).

Last edited:

Jason0047

Romans 8:6
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
So if you are carnally minded, then death abides on you. Not physical death, but spiritual death.

In fact, we know this is talking about spiritual death and not physical death because:

#1. Everybody dies
(Whether they are believers or unbelievers)
(And there are many self proclaiming Christians who live for many years in unrepentant sin and do not physically die)

#2. And the Context of Romans 8:1-2
(Verse 1 references death as the "Condemnation" and verse 2 mentions being made free from the of law of sin and death) (Being free from death cannot refer to the physical resurrection of believers because everybody will have a bodily resurrection - Some will go to Heaven and others will go to the Lake of Fire in their new bodies) (This is talking about spiritual death in the Lake of Fire) (For that is the punishment for sin against God).

#3. Once believing widows who then live for pleasure are dead while they live.

1 Timothy 5:6
"But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth."
In other words, those believing widows who turn to the pleasure of sin are spiritually dead even while they are yet physically alive.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Well, you have been preaching that your works will not save you which is against Jesus' word of to be faithful to Him.

think about it, friend. You seem to be going backward as your faith years are going by. You need to redirect your path.

If you died today and God asked you why He should let you come to heaven what would you say?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
My forgiveness is nothing. They need Jesus' forgiveness which they will not get if they are disobedient.

Jesus commands us to repent of our unfaithfulness.

I thought you were obedient to Jesus?
"If you do not forgive ..."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I thought you were obedient to Jesus?
"If you do not forgive ..."

Why are you concerned of my walk? I don't have to justify my walk to anyone but Jesus.

I am spreading Jesus' messages, not mine.

I am only a messenger.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Why are you concerned of my walk? I don't have to justify my walk to anyone but Jesus.

I am spreading Jesus' messages, not mine.

I am only a messenger.

You are not keeping Jesus' commandments. You've already incriminated yourself and your too prideful to even see what you've done.

Meshak says "I keep Christ's laws"

Jesus says "if you don't forgive men thir trespasses against you then neither will I for give your trespasses."

Meshak says "my forgiveness means nothing"

Meshak fails to obey Jesus' command to forgive

Meshak goin down with the wicked according to her own doctrine

Pathetic

Jason0047

You have to forgive or you will not be forgiven (Matthew 6:15). We cannot break God's commandments and say we love Him.

For Jesus said if you love Him, you will keep his commandments (John 14:15). The Condemnation is for those people who refuse to come to the light because their deeds are evil (John 3:19, 20). This can be an unbeliever who refused to obey the commandment to believe on Jesus and or a believer who has backslidden into sin and has refused to confess or repent to the Lord. The condemnation is also mentioned in Romans 8:1. If you walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh, you are not condemned. For to be carnally minded is death (i.e. spiritual death) (Romans 8:6).

Jason0047

Anyways, to answer the question of this thread:

How much can I get away with?

The answer is nothing. You will be judged by God's Word if you abide in unrepentant sin. Whether you are a believer or an unbeliever. It makes no difference.

For the question implies that one can do evil (that is worthy of punishment in Hell) and still be saved. Sorry, that is a contradiction in terms. You cannot be evil and serve the Lord and His good ways. It does not work like that. You can't kill a crowd of people with a machine gun after accepting Christ and then not repent of it and later expect yourself to be saved when you die. All sin must be confessed and then one must walk uprightly with the Lord.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are not keeping Jesus' commandments. You've already incriminated yourself and your too prideful to even see what you've done.

Meshak says "I keep Christ's laws"

Jesus says "if you don't forgive men thir trespasses against you then neither will I for give your trespasses."

Meshak says "my forgiveness means nothing"

Meshak fails to obey Jesus' command to forgive

Meshak goin down with the wicked according to her own doctrine

Pathetic

You are playing word games as usual.

pathetic.

You cannot get away with anything. So your claim of your work will not save you is anti-Christ doctrine.

Jesus says to obey His commands which is all work.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You are playing word games as usual.

pathetic.

You cannot get away with anything. So your claim of your work will not save you is anti-Christ doctrine.

Jesus says to obey His commands which is all work.

Get thee behind me Satan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

oatmeal

How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

There is no losing of one's salvation for it is the gift of eternal life.

However, there is a loss of fellowship with God and with His son and with fellow believers. I John 1:2-3 ...

There is also a loss of potential rewards for doing the will of God.

Breaking fellowship is not doing the will of God, the time while a person is in error is time they are not in the truth, thus they are losing time that they could have been doing righteously and earning rewards and gaining inheritance.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

You have biological parents, you could "get away" anything and your biological parents are still your biological parents. You could even murder your biological parents and they would still be your biological parents. But once you "get away" with murder, your parents cannot do a thing for you anymore. You will miss out on your parents love and care for the rest of your life.

There is no "getting away with", the time you spent in error is lost time. Time you could have spent doing what is right and sowing seed to reap eternal rewards.

Awake to righteousness and sin not.

HisServant

How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

First of all... a true Christian would never ever pose that question.

MaxGrit

While I won't say that open theism is a damnable heresy in and of itself, I feel like virtually every open theist ends up speaking damnable heresy at some point. Radical freewill systems fail to trust Christ and Christ alone for their salvation, they end up trusting their own will or their own works, showing themselves to be unregenerate.

Actually, Open Theism is a damned heresy because it rejects God and God's sovereignty.

Answer to OP (as applied to me): Destroying the Earth and Killing All It.

Aimiel

You may THINK you're getting away with sin, BUT...

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Not only are your sins recorded in Heaven, but every single word that proceeds from your mouth. I agree with Nick... only carnal minds think: "Wonder what evil I can get away with today?"