Votes: 2 18.2%
  • more than eight hours of sleep

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I have trouble sleeping regurally

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How many hours of sleep do you get at night. Do you go to bed early and wake early, or stay up late and sleep in? Do you often go with little sleep?

New studies seem to say we need more sleep than most of us get. It seems more sleep helps our overall state of health.

Some persons have serious trouble sleeping; I have had this problem and slept just 5 hours as a young and early middle-age adult. Now, I sleep more; however usually take minor tranquilizers.

Post and take the poll about your sleep and let's discuses.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't sleep much but I still have a lot of energy to do the stuff I have to do.

Usually 6 hours, many times less.

I have sleep apnea, so light sleeper.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have no problem sleeping, and now that I'm retired I sleep a lot.

I love sleeping. :surf:

I wish I was like that. I have to relax hours to sleep. Cannot sleep when outdoor weather is cold. When I have to make an early appointment, I stay up all night.

Sleeping scares me!

glorydaz

I wish I was like that. I have to relax hours to sleep. Cannot sleep when outdoor weather is cold. When I have to make an early appointment, I stay up all night.

Sleeping scares me!

You have a hard time stilling your mind. :sigh: I've had that happen, and it's so frustrating. When it does, I focus on relaxing each part of my body starting from my feet ...allowing each part to slowly sink into the bed. I'm always surprised at how tense I was without even realizing it, and by the time I get up to my mind, I go back down again. That usually does it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You have a hard time stilling your mind. :sigh: I've had that happen, and it's so frustrating. When it does, I focus on relaxing each part of my body starting from my feet ...allowing each part to slowly sink into the bed. I'm always surprised at how tense I was without even realizing it, and by the time I get up to my mind, I go back down again. That usually does it.
i have tried that and it helps, yet I have to let sleep sneak up on me. The reason I studied psychoanalysis was to see if I had unconscious inner conflicts, but never became sure of what it was. My mother used to lose her temper when I was very young.

glorydaz

i have tried that and it helps, yet I have to let sleep sneak up on me. The reason I studied psychoanalysis was to see if I had unconscious inner conflicts, but never became sure of what it was. My mother used to lose her temper when I was very young.

I'm never surprised by the many ways we can be affected by our early upbringing. Sleep disorders seem to be way too common. But, look at the inexperienced parents most of us had. Is it any wonder?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm never surprised by the many ways we can be affected by our early upbringing. Sleep disorders seem to be way too common. But, look at the inexperienced parents most of us had. Is it any wonder?

My mother had me in Europe, during WWII, at age 19. My sister was born five years later in Georgia when life was much more secure!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did your sister ever have trouble sleeping?

No, she can sleep eight to nine hours, yet has heart problems, which I do not. It used to be thought adults needed six to seven hours of sleep, but now they say adults need eight hours of sleep and older adults should get eight hours or more!

The insomnia problem is really more serious than the drug problem. Also, sleep is not something one can will to do.

Please post on the poll so I can look at a sample

Have a good night

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, she can sleep eight to nine hours, yet has heart problems, which I do not. It used to be thought adults needed six to seven hours of sleep, but now they say adults need eight hours of sleep and older adults should get eight hours or more!

The insomnia problem is really more serious than the drug problem. Also, sleep is not something one can will to do.

Have a good night

I have sleep apnea and light sleeper. sleep only 5 to 6 hours, yet I have no problem functioning day time.

glorydaz

Have a good night

I'm the one that put over 8 hours per night. :)