ECT How is Paul's message different?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's called MAD for a reason. You have to be mad to believe it and when you don't see it their way they get mad and throw stones because they're perfect. Not all of them but more than enough.

But he [Paul] said, “I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason. Acts 26:25

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe that's why I couldn't figure it out. The audience is the only thing that is described as being different. The audience is describing what area each will be focusing on. Peter working with the Jews and Paul with the Gentiles.

I would believe two different gospels if I saw evidence of two different gospels. I see both Jews and Gentiles being baptized after hearing that Jesus died and was resurrected and receiving the forgiveness of sins.

Well its not as if the two gospels are polar opposites of each other. Calvary clearly plays an important roll in both gospels.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.​

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Denying it is satanic/anti-Christ in substance. Paul said: Follow me as I follow Christ. Ergo, learn Jesus Christ!

Saying what you said before didn't make that so and saying this doesn't make this so either!

Do you know how to make an argument?

Do you understand the difference between making an argument and making an assertion?

When you make such comments do you expect that you'll convince anyone based solely on the fact that you said it? If not, why bother? Where exactly do you think you are and what do you think you're doing?

I seriously do not understand why anyone would be willing to waste the time this website takes out of your life if all they are going to do is post one liners.

Cross Reference

Saying what you said before didn't make that so and saying this doesn't make this so either!

Do you understand the difference between making an argument and making an assertion?

When you make such comments do you expect that you'll convince anyone based solely on the fact that you said it? If not, why bother? Where exactly do you think you are and what do you think you're doing?

I seriously do not understand why anyone would be willing to waste the time this website takes out of your life if all they are going to do is post one liners.

You have made enough of them to convince me to not to say more than necessary to make my point.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How can a Christian truly be a Christian and not bear good fruit?

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

James 2:24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
Wrong question.

No one denies the existence of good works in the Christian life.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.​

The difference is in the Dispensation of Law the works were required and salvation came after, as a result, in part of those works. In the Dispensation of Grace, the works come after and as a result of salvation.

In the dispensation of grace, you are righteous therefore you do good works.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

I Corinthians 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

II Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Galatians 3: 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

In the Dispensation of Law you are righteous IF you do righteousness.

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

John15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

I John 2:4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. I'll have to respond to your other posts later!

turbosixx

None. They have not entered into it yet. Israel was put aside. Read carefully. Something you worker bees can't seem to do. The New Covenant was coming (before casting away) but the old was still in place. It was ready to vanish away. That is in the near future to them. Long after Pentecost.

Hebrews 8

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

In the New Covenant, Israel will keep the statues. He will write it on their hearts. They will be resurrected by the Spirit (Ezekial 37 John 3) and will live forever in their land.

Christ is the mediator of the new covenant through his death and blood.

Heb. 9:15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. 16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. 17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. 18 Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood.

The priesthood changed and so did the law.
Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You have made enough of them to convince me to not to say more than necessary to make my point.

If I continue to ask you to make an argument and you continue to refuse, what should I assume? That you can't make the argument, perhaps? :think:

I can tell you that that is precisely what I think; that it isn't that you won't make the argument but that you can't.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
See even Paul isn't MAD :)

I'm clearly quoting the verse to make a sort of play on words and turn the M.A.D. label that people here have stuck us with into a compliment rather than a pejorative.

So, while I was being light hearted with my quote, I'm pretty sure that you were alluding to the same meaning of "mad" that Paul uses in the verse. I can assure you that we are very definitely not mad and that this doctrine is born directly out of a very stringent adherence to sound reason and the plain reading of Scripture. A point I don't think you doubt really. Otherwise, you'd make no attempt to see it. Whether you'll accept it once you do (I have faith that you will) is another issue but you'd not even make the effort to see it if you really thought it was an exercise in insanity.

God bless! I'll respond to your other posts as soon as time allows.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ is the mediator of the new covenant through his death and blood.

That doesn't change anything about when the New Covenant was to take place. And as you can plainly read, it hadn't taken place at Pentecost. The author was not there, he was told by others (the 12) and believes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrong question.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.​

And this is why there isn't a MAD hand book as some claim because I don't agree with him on this one point. Not that we shouldn't do good. We should because it is the right thing to do. But that is all I have to say about that rabbit trail.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And this is why there isn't a MAD hand book as some claim because I don't agree with him on this one point. Not that we shouldn't do good. We should because it is the right thing to do. But that is all I have to say about that rabbit trail.

You don't agree with who? Who's the "him" you're referring to?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I agree with that, being a good person in which which works are done comes naturally. Good works are a natural result of being Christian. Nothing more.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Tell Gros.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wrong question.

The difference is in the Dispensation of Law the works were required and salvation came after, as a result, in part of those works. In the Dispensation of Grace, the works come after and as a result of salvation.

So you believe men did work their way to Heaven before the cross.

The Bible disagrees with you.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't agree with who? Who's the "him" you're referring to?

Some here, one in particular claims we just follow two people I never heard of before he mentioned them. That was the point I was making. I came to the conclusions I did by reading the Bible, specifically Paul and wondering why that was always skipped in Catholic mass and Assembly of God services.

Good works are not evidence of a Christian life. Lets save that for another thread.