ECT How did they forget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

How did Peter forget the kingdom of Israel in 2 Peter 3?
How did Hebrews forget it in its letter?
How did Paul forget it in I Cor 15 and Rom 8 and Acts 17 etc?

How could they forget?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

How could they forget?

For the same reason Peter asked this question after Jesus has spent many days explaining the Kingdom to him--

Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Peter and others then began preaching the Kingdom of God, Who it was founded on, and how people may enter it during this age--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who do not enter the Kingdom of God in this age, will not survive to the Kingdom of God in the coming age.

LA

DAN P

How could they forget?

Hi and who did FORGET , YOU ?

In 2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance SHALL BE MINISTERED UNTO YOU abundantly into the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and SAVIOUR Jesus Christ !!

The verb SHALL BE MINISTERED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the Indicative mood of a FACT !!
in the Great Tribulation !!~

Read Heb 13:14 and Jews are seeking a city ONE TO COME , read 2 Peter 1:11 !!

dan p

Last edited:

Interplanner

Hi and who did FORGET , YOU ?

In 2 Peter 1:11 For so an entrance SHALL BE MINISTERED UNTO YOU abundantly into the everlasting Kingdom og our Lord and SAVIOUR Jesus Christ !!

The verb SHALL BE MINISTERED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the Indicative mood of a FACT !!

The future tense the everlasting Kingdom will be in OPERATION after the Grear Tribulation !!~

Read Heb 13:14 and Jews are seeking a city ONE TO COME , read 2 Peter 1:11 !!

dan p

There is not one line there that says it is on this earth or in Israel. Nothing. Read 2 Peter 3 in normal sense.

"It is not to angels that God has subjected the world to come ABOUT WHICH WE ARE SPEAKING..." Heb 2:5. It is never about Israel on this earth.

Right Divider

Body part
There is not one line there that says it is on this earth or in Israel. Nothing. Read 2 Peter 3 in normal sense.
FALSE PREMISE ALERT.

They already knew those things and did NOT need to repeat them.

"It is not to angels that God has subjected the world to come ABOUT WHICH WE ARE SPEAKING..." Heb 2:5. It is never about Israel on this earth.
The LORD speaking to Israel:

Isa 60:16-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

But you won't believe the LORD or His Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
Gen 13:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:14) ¶ And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (13:15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, [then] shall thy seed also be numbered. (13:17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. (13:18) Then Abram removed [his] tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which [is] in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

Abrams multiplied seed will inherit the land.

God's Truth

Gen 13:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:14) ¶ And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (13:15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, [then] shall thy seed also be numbered. (13:17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. (13:18) Then Abram removed [his] tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which [is] in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

Abrams multiplied seed will inherit the land.

All who are saved by Jesus are Abraham's descendants.

Danoh

How could they forget?

Lol - obviously, you have long since made it your habit to look for a thing anywhere but where it is to be found.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Nevertheless, thanks for your posts, bro - sincerely.

For they at times, nevertheless provoke some unexpected, often very worthwhile reflection on one thing or another, in this Madist (more or less).

You're not alone in that unexpected side-effect.

Ironside's long opposition of O'Hair, had also often unexpectedly ended up in O'Hair's ending up seeing with greater clarity, not only that which he had not seen, and or not so clearly before, but that which had so obviously remained having escaped Ironside's otherwise own, normally acute observations.

"Opposition is good for ya..."

Romans 5:8 towards you, IP.

Interplanner

STP wrote:
Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
Yes, if God does not reiterate the promise every few chapters, then he's forgotten or altered it.

This is the height of stupidity handling the Bible. You find the chapters that are on a topic in the NT, and being later than the OT, it is the final word, Heb 1. If they don't include your beloved kingdom in Israel, then too bad. They don't.

What do you think the bible is a roulette of soundbytes? What total fools, all of you.

I read Is 60-61 immediately, and guess what: the lines from the Rev that say that God is their (believers) light is also there in Isaiah, because the whole thing is about 'the world to come ABOUT WHICH WE ARE SPEAKING' in Hebrews 2:5.

The OT was speaking of it too, that's why Rom 4 says the inheritance is the world, but it means in Christ. '

And those toy theologies about the parts of the temple, you are just obdurate. Its not a BUILDING it is PERSON. You fav Isaiah passages say so. The walls are SALVATION and the gates are PRAISE. Those are not the places already known in geographic Jerusalem. They are about the faith of Christians. With the veil removed.

As for Mt 10:23 being the end all of the question of whether there will be a kingdom for Israel. What folly.

You prove again you are not worth talking to about these topics. You are here because you won't stand up under real scrutiny, so you toss each other soft balls all day.

There is no underlying premise of RD's about the land. It is fantasy. IT is not something they know is going to happen; otherwise Acts 13 and 26 would read differently. You are just scouts for prooftexts no matter what the story is saying. You don't know what the story is saying. Your prooftexts make you feel good and so you destroy what Acts 2:30 and 13:32 and 26 are saying. STP does this by going to 13:23 which is totally dishonest and so far off the question of the promise and David and Isaiah, that we may as well start over on English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.