Homeschoolers

Christine

Originally posted by Zimfan
Trying to gang up on me, are ya?
:shocked: I'm shocked...well, not so shocked. :p

:think: I suppose I could always ask Taoist for aid, but I prefer to be the underdog.

lol You're a good sport, Zimfan.:cool:

Elaine

Trying to gang up on me, are ya?
:shocked: I'm shocked...well, not so shocked. :p
Well, let's see--I'm talking with you, Taoist, and perhaps Lucky8, and you're shocked that I said I'd like help? :noway:
:think: I suppose I could always ask Taoist for aid, but I prefer to be the underdog.
:darwinsm:

Zimfan

Originally posted by Elaine
Well, let's see--I'm talking with you, Taoist, and perhaps Lucky8, and you're shocked that I said I'd like help? :noway:

You have been arguing with only me and asking for help for most of the debate. Taoist is actually being very easy on you. He could put up a much better argument on this subject than you or I.

Originally posted by Elaine :darwinsm:

I'm see nothing funny in that statement. I'm arguing on a website where a much larger proportion of the people would take your side than most places. Most of the commentary I've seen in this thread has been expressing solidarity with you. Until Taoist came into it the few posts by people other than you or me were on your side. I am the least favored competitor. So :p .

P.S. I'd also note that Lucky8 is not arguing with you at all.
P.P.S. :p

Last edited:

Elaine

You have been arguing with only me and asking for help for most of the debate. Taoist is actually being very easy on you. He could put up a much better argument on this subject than you or I.
I should hope not.
I'm see nothing funny in that statement. I'm arguing on a website where a much larger proportion of the people would take your side than most places. Most of the commentary I've seen in this thread has been expressing solidarity with you. Until Taoist came into it the few posts by people other than you or me were on your side. I am the least favored competitor. So :p .
You may be the least favored competitor, but I hadn't gotten very much help until today, either.
P.S. I'd also note that Lucky8 is not arguing with you at all.
P.P.S. :p
That's why I said "maybe." :noid:

Elaine

Not right from the beginning of the debate, though, as you have implied. :yawn: I'd better get to bed soon.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I won't get onto the Courtship thread neccessarily to help, but I've been wanting to get on it since I first saw it. I have some big obligations, though, so I don't know when I'll get to it.

ShadowMaid

I'm for Elaine!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I would really like to help, but so far I have been out of the house every day since last week!!:noway: And I will be going camping with yorzhik and a friend till Sat. Then on Sat I have practice, then I MIGHT be able to help. I can't promise anything though. Sorry Elaine, I still cheer for you. (But that doesn't make me a cheerleader!):angel:

Zimfan

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Sorry Elaine, I still cheer for you. (But that doesn't make me a cheerleader!):angel:

A rose by any other name...

cheer·lead·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (chîrldr)
n.
1. One who leads the cheering of spectators, as at a sports contest.
2. One who expresses or promotes thoughtless praise; an adulator.

I'd think the first definition suits you better than the latter.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good point Zim, but I think she is referring to the fact that she is a dancer. Some have made the comment on dancing as cheerleading, which she disagrees with. Of course, that would make it a comment for people "in the know".

Zimfan

Originally posted by Yorzhik
Good point Zim, but I think she is referring to the fact that she is a dancer. Some have made the comment on dancing as cheerleading, which she disagrees with. Of course, that would make it a comment for people "in the know".

I know. Most of the cheerleaders I've met can't dance well and so far none of the dancers I've met can do flips or handsprings. I don't equate the two. I'd made a joke earlier about her being Elaine's cheerleader and it brought on quite a reaction. I was just trying to amuse myself. :)

RATitude

Poly's kid
This is kind of off the subject, But just here recently I noticed that Zimfan, your avatar is Doc Holiday. I think that he was the coolest on the movie "Tombstone."

Zimfan

Originally posted by RATitude
This is kind of off the subject, But just here recently I noticed that Zimfan, your avatar is Doc Holiday. I think that he was the coolest on the movie "Tombstone."

As do I. In fact, so far he's the favorite character of everyone I've met that's seen the movie.