Homeschoolers

Elaine

Our grandmother and my sister love Janette Oak. I've read some of her animal stories, but her historical fiction never was the sort of story that appealed to me...

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Elaine
Our grandmother and my sister love Janette Oak. I've read some of her animal stories, but her historical fiction never was the sort of story that appealed to me...

I like almost any book!!
Can never have enough!!:greedy:

Elaine

Lol. Other books which I like to read include; biographies, fiction about animals, historical fiction/nonfiction, classics, and others. I have read some books which could be placed under "mythology." Which ones are you referring to?

ShadowMaid

Christine wants to know what your favorite Janette Oak book is.

I don't really know. I just see her name, pick up the book and read.

Now there is one that I particularly liked. Oh, but I can't remember!!

Elaine

Christine says her favorite Janette Oak books are Another Homecoming (co-authored) and A Gown of Spanish Lace.

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Yeah!! Like that.
I've read both of those. In my opinion, the plots were interesting, but it was sickening with all the immorality and how even their pagan gods were so--so---ah--gross. Yeah, that's the word. :vomit: Definitely need some cleaning up... ;)

ShadowMaid

I've read both of those. In my opinion, the plots were interesting, but it was sickening with all the immorality and how even their pagan gods were so--so---ah--gross. Yeah, that's the word. :vomit: Definitely need some cleaning up... ;)

It's very pagan. But why I like these books is because of the way these people thought and saw things.

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
It's very pagan. But why I like these books is because of the way these people thought and saw things.
What exactly do you mean? Like how they honored logic?

ShadowMaid

I don't think they held much logic. They seemed to dream more then debate.

I like to learn about the culture, I guess. I like to learn about Indian culture to. And Asian, some African, and European.

Sorry, I worded that all wrong before.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If I could chime in here, one of the most interesting things about the oldest writings is that they have a grain of truth about what actually happened back then. The "men of renown" spoken of in the bible probably got some press in the myth stories.