Hilary was never meant to be President of the USA because she is an atheist who has r

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Stone.Chapel, America is not a Christian theocracy - not yet that is . If you want to live in a theocracy, move somewhere else, such as Iran or Saudi Arabia .

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Thomas Jefferson was a deist , not a Christina . He did not believe in Christianity at all and called it "the most perverse system that ever shown on man ".

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
constitution.jpg

The text of the U.S. Constitution makes no mention of God, Jesus Christ, or Christianity.

"The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy."
- George Washington

“The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
- Vice-President John Adams, "The 1796 Treaty of Tripoli"

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."
- John Adams

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries."
- James Madison

"The Bible: a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalise mankind."
- Thomas Paine

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
- Thomas Jefferson

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."
- Benjamin Franklin

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
- Susan B. Anthony
While many of the Founding Fathers were Christians, some of the most prominent members were Deists and/or very much opposed to any form of organized religion.

If the OP is arguing that Hillary Clinton should be disqualified from holding the office of the Presidency based on what he perceives to be as a lack of a Christian affiliation, the same argument could have also been made to disqualify Presidents George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

https://www.azquotes.com/quotes/topics/founding-fathers-anti-religion.html

http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html#Declaration

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have heard since that there is nothing preventing a woman from becoming the President.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is correct there is nothing in the Constitution or US Code that prevents a woman or an atheist from being president.

If it says he or person or something. I do not think that I would want an atheist President, but okay. I do not think of Hillary this way. The Electoral College did not elect her.

Kit the Coyote

If it says he or person or something. I do not think that I would want an atheist President, but okay. I do not think of Hillary this way. The Electoral College did not elect her.

The Constitution does use male pronouns when describing the position but there is no restriction in relation to gender in the article listing the requirements of the post. I extremely doubt any claim based on the use of 'he' in the language would stand. The document also uses male gender pronouns to describe senators and that has never prevented women from being elected as a senator.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Constitution does use male pronouns when describing the position but there is no restriction in relation to gender in the article listing the requirements of the post. I extremely doubt any claim based on the use of 'he' in the language would stand. The document also uses male gender pronouns to describe senators and that has never prevented women from being elected as a senator.
Interesting. Those running for office, and those voting for them. All people. I do value male leadership.

Kit the Coyote

In the church one must be the husband of one wife with believing children.

Which has nothing to do with the qualifications to lead or be president of the United States. The simple phrase, in the church, makes this consideration illegal as a qualification for president as the Constitution forbids religious tests for office.

Last edited: