Hey joggers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
from tb's data, it looks like the shorter you get, the faster you go :idunno:

Nope....... "the darker your skin is, the faster you go" :chuckle:

I don't think a white man or white woman holds a world record in running, no matter the distance. In fact, I think it was just recently that the first white man broke the 10 second barrier in the 100 meters.

I think the last white guy to win the Boston Marathon was in 1983.

I guarantee you that no white man will ever come close to Usain Bolt's time of 9.58 in the 100m

The Berean

from tb's data, it looks like the shorter you get, the faster you go :idunno:

Usually that's the case. Though elite distance runners come in all shapes and sizes. Australian Craig Mottram is 6'2" and he was fast. The East African runners call him The Big Mazungo (Big White Man)

wwbATHSmottram_wideweb__470x322,0.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Big Mazungo (Big White Man)

I'm 6'-2" and white, but no one ever called me "The Big Mazungo". :chuckle:

Ryan Hall has the fastest marathon time for a white man at 2:06:17 (2:03:23 is the world record)

I think Hall is also the only white man to ever break one hour in the half-marathon (59:43)

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Usually that's the case. Though elite distance runners come in all shapes and sizes. Australian Craig Mottram is 6'2" and he was fast. The East African runners call him The Big Mazungo (Big White Man)

wwbATHSmottram_wideweb__470x322,0.jpg

if they stretched me out until i was that skinny, i'd be 7'4 :)

actually, i've dropped forty-five pounds in the last year

and soon i'll have my bike back on the road :banana:

graphics-cycle-racing-318468.gif

The Berean

if they stretched me out until i was that skinny, i'd be 7'4 :)

actually, i've dropped forty-five pounds in the last year

and soon i'll have my bike back on the road :banana:

graphics-cycle-racing-318468.gif

That's good to hear! :up: You should be getting more attention from the 32 year old women who want to have your children. :p

The Berean

I'm 6'-2" and white, but no one ever called me "The Big Mazungo". :chuckle:

Ryan Hall has the fastest marathon time for a white man at 2:06:17 (2:03:23 is the world record)

I think Hall is also the only white man to ever break one hour in the half-marathon (59:43)

Ryan Hall is a great, great runner and a Christian brother. He did run 2:04:58 at Boston in 2011. But that was a point-to-point course and they had an insane tailwind. The winner ran 2:03:02.

The Berean

Nope....... "the darker your skin is, the faster you go" :chuckle:

I don't think a white man or white woman holds a world record in running, no matter the distance. In fact, I think it was just recently that the first white man broke the 10 second barrier in the 100 meters.
Do you consider Morrocans to be "white"? If so Hicham El Guerrouj holds three world records.

On the woman's side "white" women hold 11 world records.

I think the last white guy to win the Boston Marathon was in 1983.
The last American man (Greg Myers) to win Boston was 1983. The last "white" man to win Boston was in 1990, though a South Korean won in 2001.

I guarantee you that no white man will ever come close to Usain Bolt's time of 9.58 in the 100m
Well if they took PED's like Bolt does it might be possible. This guy has alot of raw talent. He's run 9.92 for 100 m and is only 23 years old. I think he can run 9.70 one day.

chrichri2.JPG

Just last week this guy won the 60 m Indoor World Championships. He beat all the black guys. :chuckle: He should go sub 10 seconds in the 100m this summer.

D09ATH_412146k.jpg

The Berean

Not to mention an elevation drop of 480 feet from the start line to the finish line.

Usually Boston is not a fast course. The hills make it a difficult race to run fast times. But once in a while they get that wind and mild weather and the elite runners blast fast times. But that is uncommon. In 2012 the year after the 2:03:02 time they got brutal heat and the winner ran just 2:12:40.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Black people are built for sports.
And breaking into spirituals? :plain:

Today's faux pas brought to you by Racists Peanut Butter Cups

Racists Peanut Butter Cups, they taste sweet but they're still bad for your complexion. :chew:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And breaking into spirituals? :plain:

Today's faux pas brought to you by Racists Peanut Butter Cups

Racists Peanut Butter Cups, they taste sweet but they're still bad for your complexion. :chew:

Not any race is better than any other. Most of us are corrupt.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I must admit that so many people are gifted with so many things.
I don't have any. It is good that Jesus does not count how gifted we are, or else I am in trouble.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not any race is better than any other. Most of us are corrupt.
My point is that your statement was stock from the racist mindset/camp, if unintentionally so...inevitably, people who will credit blacks for being, as a race, physically gifted, will credit their own race with an attribute they value more.

I mean it isn't every day you hear that followed by that same someone saying blacks were built for physics, or philosophy or even virtue.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My point is that your statement was stock from the racist mindset/camp, if unintentionally so...inevitably, people who will credit blacks for being, as a race, physically gifted, will credit their own race with an attribute they value more.

I mean it isn't every day you hear that followed by that same someone saying blacks were built for physics, or philosophy or even virtue.

Ok, I generize things. I know it is not acceptable in your society. so be it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ok, I generize things. I know it is not acceptable in your society. so be it.
It's dangerous ground when it comes to race, though the problem with any generalization, even the sort that are factually sustainable, is their tendency to break down and lose meaning in the particular application. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.