Hey joggers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

Barefoot running reminds me of African runner Zola Budd, one of he greatest female distance runners ever.

Spoiler
zola8.jpg

Bestzolabuddbarefoot.JPG

Budd-Zola-19840081ZB5.jpg

But today in her late 40's she runs in shoes. :cool:

Zola-Budd_image_lowres.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Barefoot running reminds me of African runner Zola Budd, one of he greatest female distance runners ever.

Spoiler
zola8.jpg

Bestzolabuddbarefoot.JPG

Budd-Zola-19840081ZB5.jpg

But today in her late 40's she runs in shoes. :cool:

Zola-Budd_image_lowres.jpg

But I have problem when I ware shoes too. I wonder why she changed to wearing shoes? do you know? Her feet must have been tough running bare foot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Berean

But I have problem when I ware shoes too. I wonder why she changed to wearing shoes? do you know? Her feet must have been tough running bare foot.

What problems do you have wearing running shoes? There is nothing wrong with barefoot running. I believe Zola Budd wears shoes now because she's older now and because of running injuries she had when she was younger.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What problems do you have wearing running shoes? There is nothing wrong with barefoot running. I believe Zola Budd wears shoes now because she's older now and because of running injuries she had when she was younger.

I started having problem when I jog. I could not run longer than 30 minutes. So I switched around the shoes but did not work. So I thought heck with it and decided bare foot. I did not have any problem for the first time, there was no pain, just rough feeling.

I think my feet will get use to it, and become tough against tough ground.

The Berean

I started having problem when I jog. I could not run longer than 30 minutes. So I switched around the shoes but did not work. So I thought heck with it and decided bare foot. I did not have any problem for the first time, there was no pain, just rough feeling.

I think my feet will get use to it, and become tough against tough ground.

Are you running on grass, dirt, asphalt?

bybee

Meshak, put your shoes back on! You know that dogs do their business on asphalt and some men spit on asphalt and noxious waste is sometimes dumped on asphalt!
Your shoes will protect your feet from all sorts of bad stuff.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, put your shoes back on! You know that dogs do their business on asphalt and some men spit on asphalt and noxious waste is sometimes dumped on asphalt!
Your shoes will protect your feet from all sorts of bad stuff.

It is expensive to have good kind of shoes every so often.

I try if my foot can be trained to be tough.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is expensive to have good kind of shoes every so often.

I try if my foot can be trained to be tough.

It is much more expensive if you end up losing a foot due to a severe infection.

Glass. Animal droppings. Chemicals. Oh wait. Never mind. The World According to Meshak. My bad.

pow wow

Hello meshak,
The Rocky Mountains are close but there are enough good hills here in the city to bike.

As a kid I was always running around barefoot on the farm. Then one day I got a porcupine quill deep into my foot. I sat for a long time in the kitchen with pliers in my hand. Finally I yanked it out. OUCH! After that I wore runners and I also had a lot more sympathy for the dogs when they would come into the house with noses full of quills.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hello meshak,
The Rocky Mountains are close but there are enough good hills here in the city to bike.

sounds so peaceful.

As a kid I was always running around barefoot on the farm. Then one day I got a porcupine quill deep into my foot. I sat for a long time in the kitchen with pliers in my hand. Finally I yanked it out. OUCH! After that I wore runners and I also had a lot more sympathy for the dogs when they would come into the house with noses full of quills.

:chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is much more expensive if you end up losing a foot due to a severe infection.

Glass. Animal droppings. Chemicals. Oh wait. Never mind. The World According to Meshak. My bad.

I will try training my feet to overcome all these.

we will see how it goes.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Around here, they used to talk a lot about joggin' in a jug.
I wanted to try it, but I never could figure out how to get down inside th' thing. :noid:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
walking does not make you breath hard
and
that is important
so
I ride my bike
It can if you press it. I ran distance for years. Power walking gives you great cardio benefit and gives those joints a rest, as STP noted. That's not as big a problem for little people, but if you're well over six feet and carry any muscle on you running will punish more than help you over time, comparatively.

Wunderhund

Does anyone jog or run bare foot?

I just started it, and feel fine. No more pain my in feet. It feels rough but I think my soles will be tougher.

Not a good idea to run barefoot. I would stick to running on grass or non-pavement type surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.