Hell Is Real.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets dive into this again.......

Lets dive into this again.......

Still standing firm on what I said. Hell bound if any other way. It's only one Church and one Doctrine. All these other doctrines on here are of other gods. Not the God that is written about in the Scriptures. But some other gods that take a little here and there from the Scriptures.

My first post to you here stands :)

We would note again that 'heaven' or 'hell' are conditions of mind, states of consciousness. 'Hell' is the reaping of the sins and harm you have caused others coming back to torment you, not some punishment from a 'God' somewhere in the sky. Consider universal laws and conditions of consciousness, beyond the religious formats and nomenclature.

So, threats of hell don't go very far....since all souls reap what they sow anyways,...its a universal law (karma).

You also have hundreds of different religious denominations who use the Bible as their rule book,...who interpret or translate portions of it differently, not to mention all the 'versions' you can choose from out there. So a dogmatic claim to have the one and only true translation of scripture or 'interpretation' of the Bible doesn't go very far in the sea of diversity out there, since you are but riding one wave among many other waves in the vast ocean :surf:

Back to your thread-title, yes...'hell' is real, so long as you make your own hell by the quality or character of your thoughts, words and actions. Making hell-judgments based on doctrine though, is a bit more nebulous.

COGTHW

According to Scriptures, you must be born of water = baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and the. You must be born of the Spirit = tarrying for the Holy Ghost knowing you have the Holy Ghost by evidence of speaking in tongues.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
According to Scriptures, you must be born of water = baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and the. You must be born of the Spirit = tarrying for the Holy Ghost knowing you have the Holy Ghost by evidence of speaking in tongues.

That's one belief or interpretation, as I've addressed above and in my previous posts. Do note however, that a physical act of being immersed in whatever liquid does not necessarily have any redeeming or transforming power in and of itself, since it matters most what mental and spiritual condition or faith the participant has at the time of the ritual regarding its 'effect'.

Also, tongues are NOT required for salvation, they just happen to be a physical outward sign or manifestation of a spiritual operation going on within a person. They do or can often accompany spiritual infillings or immersions in the Spirit. To be totally legalistic or dogmatic about this however is unnecessary IMO.

COGTHW

That's one belief or interpretation, as I've addressed above and in my previous posts. Do note however, that a physical act of being immersed in whatever liquid does not necessarily have any redeeming or transforming power in and of itself, since it matters most what mental and spiritual condition or faith the participant has at the time of the ritual regarding its 'effect'.

Also, tongues are NOT required for salvation, they just happen to be a physical outward sign or manifestation of a spiritual operation going on within a person. They do or can often accompany spiritual infillings or immersions in the Spirit. To be totally legalistic or dogmatic about this however is unnecessary IMO.

Obey Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey all Scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obey Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Obey all Scripture.
Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you see anything about baptism. Read Paul's writings. You won't find anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you see anything about baptism. Read Paul's writings. You won't find anything.

True.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Obey all Scripture.

Including the Old Testament? Well then, we better start "Stoning" a lot of people, we're way behind.

COGTHW

Peter was speaking to "The House of Israel" not to Gentiles.

Search the Scripture, Peter spoke to the Gentiles also the same things he did in Acts 2:38 ;
Peter message of Acts 2:38 was to the Gentiles also.
Acts 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

That same Peter that you said was only for the "House of Israel"

Same Peter told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

You don't know what you are taking about the Scripture prove you don't know what you are talking about. Cornelius was a Gentile Peter was a Jew. Peter baptized the house of Cornelius and preached the same thing.
Obey Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. ; Beacuse the Gentiles did also.!! Once again the Scriptures say you are wrong.

COGTHW

Search the Scripture, Peter spoke to the Gentiles also the same things he did in Acts 2:38 ;
Peter message of Acts 2:38 was to the Gentiles also.
Acts 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

That same Peter that you said was only for the "House of Israel"

Same Peter told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

You don't know what you are taking about the Scripture prove you don't know what you are talking about. Cornelius was a Gentile Peter was a Jew. Peter baptized the house of Cornelius and preached the same thing.
Obey Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. ; Beacuse the Gentiles did also.!! Once again the Scriptures say you are wrong.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are talking Jews and Gentile, apples and oranges. Romans through Philemon is for the Church (Gentiles).

COGTHW

You are talking Jews and Gentile, apples and oranges. Romans through Philemon is for the Church (Gentiles).

You don't know what you are talking about. Did Jesus die of the Jews or Gentiles .?

Paul preached the same thing Peter did.!!

Acts 18:19 And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.

20 When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not;

21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Jews at Ephesus which is the letter went to Ephesians. JEWS

Paul preached the same message of Peter.!

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

What are you talking about.???

COGTHW

Replacement Theology?

No Scriptures

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't know what you are talking about. Did Jesus die of the Jews or Gentiles .?

Paul preached the same thing Peter did.!!

Acts 18:19 And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himself entered into the synagogue, and reasoned with the Jews.

20 When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not;

21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Jews at Ephesus which is the letter went to Ephesians. JEWS

Paul preached the same message of Peter.!

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

What are you talking about.???

Show me where Peter preached the DBR of Jesus as Paul did in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No Scriptures

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The church is not Israel.