ECT Heb 9 vs the "club"

SaulToPaul 2

Three questions continue to hang:

1, why doesn't Heb 10's commentary dwell on anything the 'club' thinks is important? It never leaves the list I gave above, and IT IS THE OFFICIAL COMMENTARY ON THE JER 31 PASSAGE.

Hebrews 10
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

vs

Eph 3
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

You love Hebrews, but do not believe it.

SaulToPaul 2

Hebrews 3
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

vs

Eph 5
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

SaulToPaul 2

Hebrews 4
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

SaulToPaul 2

Hebrews 8
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

vs

Eph 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

SaulToPaul 2

The doctrine of Hebrews is for the Jews in tribulation, to encourage them to remain faithful unto the end, and to remind them of the kingdom and priesthood that awaits them if they endure.

On the other hand, if you're saved today, you're already seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus as far as the Father is concerned.

Hey! But that's not fair. Why do they have to endure the tribulation and we do not? If you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God...

Find out where you fit in, and where you do not.

Right Divider

Body part
The doctrine of Hebrews is for the Jews in tribulation, to encourage them to remain faithful unto the end, and to remind them of the kingdom and priesthood that awaits them if they endure.

On the other hand, if you're saved today, you're already seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus as far as the Father is concerned.

Hey! But that's not fair. Why do they have to endure the tribulation and we do not? If you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God...

Find out where you fit in, and where you do not.
:thumb:

SaulToPaul 2

I truly love Hebrews, it is beautiful.

To Satan's credit, he has scores of "Christians" today believing that Hebrews is about them. It is not.

And no doubt, in the tribulation, he will have scores believing that Ephesians is about them. It will not be, to their devastation.

Interplanner

Spelled out in Hebrews 8

Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
(9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
(10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
(12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.​

Quoted from:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

The quote is true Tam but it is not his comments on it in ch 9 and 10. In 10 he requotes and it has nothing to do with a future for Israel, and everything to do with redemption by christ's blood and sacrifice, setting aside the old forever.

You are too selective or memory-impaired to be doing this.

Besides, God wants everyone to have the law on their hearts, not as an external operation. He wants everyone to have the examples of Heb 11. He wants everyone to respect married sex. Your theological apartheid is foolish.

SaulToPaul 2

The quote is true Tam but it is not his comments on it in ch 9 and 10. In 10 he requotes and it has nothing to do with a future for Israel, and everything to do with redemption by christ's blood and sacrifice, setting aside the old forever.

You are too selective or memory-impaired to be doing this.

Besides, God wants everyone to have the law on their hearts, not as an external operation. He wants everyone to have the examples of Heb 11. He wants everyone to respect married sex. Your theological apartheid is foolish.

You will never ever get into the new covenant.

Interplanner

The thing that really ticks me off about the club is that Heb 10 is the official commentary on Heb 8 & Jer 31 and none of what it says goes your way, and you never talk about that. All of it is about christ dealing with sin, now, in the Gospel, as the new priest of the new covenant, and there is nothing about a future for Israel that matters one squat anywhere in it. Someone has told you that the one line about Judah and Israel is the hingepin of it all, and you don't see any of the real message.

But you think we are supposed to listen to your commentary on it, while you tell us who is arrogant!

Danoh

The thing that really ticks me off about the club is that Heb 10 is the official commentary on Heb 8 & Jer 31 and none of what it says goes your way, and you never talk about that. All of it is about christ dealing with sin, now, in the Gospel, as the new priest of the new covenant, and there is nothing about a future for Israel that matters one squat anywhere in it. Someone has told you that the one line about Judah and Israel is the hingepin of it all, and you don't see any of the real message.

But you think we are supposed to listen to your commentary on it, while you tell us who is arrogant!

Consider the following...or not.

You have simply failed to understand that Hebrews is the finished work of the Cross laid out to Israel, just as Romans is the finished work of the Cross laid out to God's New Creature: the Body.

Some aspects of both of which are similar; and some of which only appear to be.

Keep in mind you basically hold a supersessionist, replacement, or fulfillment theology, where Israel's Prophesied Promises, are concerned, bro.

You are thus bound to see things from within that hybrid.

You left Dispensationalism for that hybrid (too much of the literal fused with the allegorical) when you ran into what you perceived were holes in Dispensationalism.

In a manner similar to how STP ended up going after a hybrid (Acts 9 fused with Acts 28 views) when he perceived what he perceived were holes in Mid-Acts.

Neither of you were at a point in your understanding back then as to how to solve for what you had each perceived were holes in the Dispensationalism you each then held.

Off to another approach, you both went...too...soon.

And now, here you both are: ever accusing the other of being up to no good; going in :chuckle:

On both sides of what is clearly two clubs, lol.

Try a middle ground some time.

You both might begin to to see what you have each read right past...continuously...

Yo, northwye: where are you; time for one of your long winded posts on..."the dialectic" bro :D

Interplanner

If the 'club' thinks that it is shoring up Heb 8 with Rom 11, it is a bogus direction to go. Those lines from Isaiah were already true at Paul's time; Paul (the early Christian believers) were the time of fulfillment of those initially, and we are the inheritors of that. That is another reason why the exclusive beliefs about a new covenant are bogus as well.

We know this because they were about taking away sins--the same expression JtB said was about to happen. This is not the end of sin, but dealing with it as a debt.