Have you learned the shema?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You focus on the Law and Moses, not on Jesus. It's either one or the other, not both. When Peter, James and John were on the Mt of Transfiguration, God did not say listen to Moses and Jesus, He said, listen to my SON. When Moses said there would be a prophet raised like him and to listen to that Prophet. Moses did not say, listen to Him and me. You are listening to the wrong prophet.
This is what you needed to know. These are the words of Jesus.

John 5:39-47 NASB - 39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41 "I do not receive glory from men; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? 45 "Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

See also,

Hebrews 1:1-2 NASB - 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

beameup

:mock:
Nope. Moses did not write in paleo Hebrew. :rotfl:

:readthis:
Early Hebrew Pictograph-Alphabet:
pictographs2.gif

Robert Pate

Banned
Jacob I have news for you. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the Holy of Holies from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law, and the Jewish religion. Under the New Covenant we are called to live by faith and by faith alone. The Holy Spirit has replaced the written law, God's law is now written on our heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob I have news for you. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the Holy of Holies from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law, and the Jewish religion. Under the New Covenant we are called to live by faith and by faith alone. The Holy Spirit has replaced the written law, God's law is now written on our heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.
Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 3:19-31 NASB - 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one. 31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

James 1:26-27 NASB - 26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Philippians 3:9 NASB - 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Galatians 1:13-14 NASB - 13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it; 14 and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.

1 Corinthians 9:21 RSV - 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law--not being without law toward God but under the law of Christ--that I might win those outside the law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NKJV - 21 to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know I already responded, but I don't know where you get this from.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 NASB - 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;

Can I help you to work through anything here? You are making statements that I don't know to be true.

TweetyBird

This is what you needed to know. These are the words of Jesus.

John 5:39-47 NASB - 39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41 "I do not receive glory from men; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? 45 "Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

See also,

Hebrews 1:1-2 NASB - 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Why do you focus on Moses, then? Jesus seems to be a convenient after thought for you.

Lilstu

"yahweh" is incorrect, so why use it? There is no such word/name in Hebrew. Even the Jews have no issue with using "God", but are definitely amused with "yahweh". They use "God" with a hyphen to show reverence [G-d]. "God" is the English form of "Theos" which is used in the Greek. Jesus, the disciples, and all of the writers of the NT used Theos. Not one verse in the NT uses YHWH.

The tetragramathon is used about 7000 times in the Hebrew scriptures.

Last edited:

Lilstu

Colossians 1:15 KJV
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

NIV
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

NLT
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation

Young's Literal Translation
who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation,

And dozens more... all say "image of the invisible God".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

All men are made in God's image, including Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You constantly post verses that you think support Torah. Everyone of them is taken out of context. You want Torah, not Jesus. You cannot have both.
Do you accept Torah? I accept Jesus. I accepted Jesus as a child.

I encourage you to read Matthew 5:17-20 NASB.

John 5:39-40 NASB - 39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 5:47 NET - 47 But if you do not believe what Moses wrote, how will you believe my words?"

Lilstu

Actually, the YHWH is a verb, meaning, I AM THAT I AM without ceasing, constant, forever. God is not future tense, but present, for all infinity. God is the beginning and the end, the everlasting without end. Jewish Bibles written by unbelieving Jews do not accept Jesus as the Messiah or the Son of God or God manifest in the flesh. To use their view of God is incomplete. Without Christ, one cannot know God.

There are Messianic prophecies in the Hebrew Scriptures.
They identify the Messiah when they are fulfilled.
When they are fulfilled the whole world will know that the Messiah has arrived to sit on King David's throne. These prophecies will not need to be verified because it will be evident to all mankind.
Unfortunately Jesus has not yet fulfilled any of these prophecies.

Lilstu

Isaiah 53:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984

5. But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.

New JPS Translation
5 But he was wounded because of our sins,
Crushed because of our iniquities……

Is it “for” or “because”???

It’s the Jews Bible….I would expect that they translated it correctly.

Also notice that in the KJV it says…we are healed
But the Chabad translation is….we were healed.
The new JPS also has…we were healed.

If you go to the Chabad website and compare with the KJV you can see how the translators “helped” with the translation.

KingdomRose

Have you learned the shema?

Do you know this far?

Deuteronomy 6:4 NASB - 4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

See the following. I invite you to read the scripture referenced in this link. I currently do not know all of the shema by heart.

Judaism 101: Shema

YOU don't know the Shema!!! You are leaving out something very important---God's own name. Young's Literal Translation renders Deuteronomy 6:4 this way:

"Hear O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah."

How can you think you know it when God's own name is left out, and you go right along with the program? Is it OK for someone to change the Scripture and then to be satisfied with memorizing an error?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
YOU don't know the Shema!!! You are leaving out something very important---God's own name. Young's Literal Translation renders Deuteronomy 6:4 this way:

How can you think you know it when God's own name is left out, and you go right along with the program? Is it OK for someone to change the Scripture and then to be satisfied with memorizing an error?
I can show you God's name in Hebrew. Hebrew is read from right to left.

יהוה

The Hebrew letters here are yod hey vav hey. The New American Standard Bible simply says LORD.

Deuteronomy 6:4 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

'J' is western.
There are no 'J's in Hebrew.
The name is YHVH, best pronounced
yehōvāh'
Yee-ho-vawh'.