Have You Fallen From Grace?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Of course that was true, especially since at that time He was made "a little lower than the angels" (Heb.2:7).

I said
there are three simple verses that prove Jesus is not God. Why do Trinitarians try to make Jesus out as a liar?

Jesus said the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Paul said yet for us there is only one God the Father.
1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Jesus said That Him and us have the very same God, and the very same Father.

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

The Holy Ghost is the Comforter and according to you the Comforter is the Lord Jesus then how do you explain the words of the Lord Jesus here?:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you"
(Jn.16:7).​

If the Lord Jesus is the Comforter then what is said there makes no sense. Do you see what i mean?

Jerry Shugart

How can you not see that Jesus got his revelation from God so he can't be God? And that God is in Christ?

Why do you continue quote me and then just ignore what I said? Perhaps this time you will actually address the points which I made about what you said here:

But he isn't the Almighty God, the Almighty God is the father.

No?

Then why does He call Himself the "Almighty"?:

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

I said
there are three simple verses that prove Jesus is not God. Why do Trinitarians try to make Jesus out as a liar?

Paul said yet for us there is only one God the Father.
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

I will start with 1 Corinthians 8:6. Albert Barnes says the following:

"One God, the Father - Whom we acknowledge as the Father of all; Author of all things; and who sustains to all his works the relation of a father. The word "Father" here is not used as applicable to the first person of the Trinity, as distinguished from the second, but is applied to God as God; not as the Father in contradistinction from the Son, but to the divine nature as such, without reference to that distinction - the Father as distinguished from his offspring, the works that owe their origin to him" (Albert Barnes, Notes On The Bible, Internet Sacred Texts Archive).​

The following verse is referring to God as God and is not referring to the first Person of the Godhead:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

As I said before, the Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why do you continue quote me and then just ignore what I said? Perhaps this time you will actually address the points which I made about what you said here:

No?

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

We can know that this is speaking of the Lord Jesus because common sense dictates that there can be only One who can be described as the "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the ending," and that One is Jehovah, the Almighty God. And here we can see the Lord Jesus describing Himself that way:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

For the life of me I cannot see how you think that you refuted anything which I said. Could you be more specific?

Thanks!

I said
Alpha & Omega God the Father
Rev 1:8
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NIV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
(RSV)
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
(KJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NKJ)
Rev 21:5-7
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
Col 1:16-17
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
Rev 1:3-8
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Rev 1:10-20
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
19 "Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
20 "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
Heb 10:9-14
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
(NKJ)

xxxJohn was in the Spirit hearing voices and seeing a vision. Now John heard a voice and turned around and what He seen was Jesus because God is invisible. And John fell at the feet of the One he saw not at the feet of the one he heard. Then the one he saw spoke to him which was Jesus. God was never dead or had never died, but yet Jesus the One he saw had died and was resurrected.God was the alpha & omega. But what everyone forgets is God was in Jesus doing all the works that people were crediting to Jesus. So it is easy to mistake who is who when their both in one body.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
xxxx The Alpha and Omega is God. The beginning and the end is Jesus or God. God is the beginning and the end for the whole creation. Jesus is the beginning and the end for the creation of the church that God the Father created.

marhig

The Holy Ghost is the Comforter and according to you the Comforter is the Lord Jesus then how do you explain the words of the Lord Jesus here?:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you"

If the Lord Jesus is the Comforter then what is said there makes no sense. Do you see what i mean?

Then in the same way, neither do these verses make any sense if Jesus is the father.

John 20

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

John 6

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Last edited:

marhig

No?

I have explained, you don't seem to be getting what I'm saying, Maybe it's the way I'm writing it.

God was in Jesus giving him revelation and he was sending Gods message to John by his angel.

Just like when Gods people speak Gods word, is not them but Gods spirit in them and Christ is manifest in and through them. And they are all one.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 Cor 5:19-20
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

marhig

I said
Alpha & Omega God the Father
8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NIV)
8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
(RSV)
8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
(KJV)
8"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NKJ)
Rev 21:5-7
5Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7"He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
Col 1:16-17
16For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Rev 4:11
11"You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
1 Cor 8:5-6
5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
Rev 1:3-8
3Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
4John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Rev 1:10-20
10I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
11saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
12Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
15His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
16He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
17And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
19"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
20"The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
Heb 10:9-14
9then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
13from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
14For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
(NKJ)

xxxJohn was in the Spirit hearing voices and seeing a vision. Now John heard a voice and turned around and what He seen was Jesus because God is invisible. And John fell at the feet of the One he saw not at the feet of the one he heard. Then the one he saw spoke to him which was Jesus. God was never dead or had never died, but yet Jesus the One he saw had died and was resurrected.God was the alpha & omega. But what everyone forgets is God was in Jesus doing all the works that people were crediting to Jesus. So it is easy to mistake who is who when their both in one body.

2 Cor 5:19
19that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
xxxx The Alpha and Omega is God. The beginning and the end is Jesus or God. God is the beginning and the end for the whole creation. Jesus is the beginning and the end for the creation of the church that God the Father created.

Yes squeaky, and I also see that God in Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the beginning of our new life in God and the end of our old life in the flesh. The only way this is possible is through Jesus and following him and living it out, because he is the way, the truth and the life. And through him our old life ends and we are born anew of God being led by the spirit and not by the lusts of the flesh denying ourselves obeying God and doing his will.

And as we die to self, we can drink of the fountain of water of life freely. Which is having the the holy spirit within our hearts bringing us the word of God fresh, replenishing our hearts every day, bringing us fresh revelation, rivers of living water keeping us alive in God

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

"One God, the Father - Whom we acknowledge as the Father of all; Author of all things; and who sustains to all his works the relation of a father. The word "Father" here is not used as applicable to the first person of the Trinity, as distinguished from the second, but is applied to God as God; not as the Father in contradistinction from the Son, but to the divine nature as such, without reference to that distinction - the Father as distinguished from his offspring, the works that owe their origin to him" (Albert Barnes, Notes On The Bible, Internet Sacred Texts Archive).​

The following verse is referring to God as God and is not referring to the first Person of the Godhead:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

As I said before, the Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

I said
God put stumbling blocks in scripture. Just like Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. The trinity has stumbled at all of them.

Jerry Shugart

I said
God put stumbling blocks in scripture. Just like Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. The trinity has stumbled at all of them.

As usual you did not even attempt to prove what I said is in error. And that is because you are unable to prove that I am wrong.

Jerry Shugart

I have explained, you don't seem to be getting what I'm saying, Maybe it's the way I'm writing it.

What you are doing is completely ignoring what I wrote and running to something else. You evidently cannot prove that anything I wrote is in error!

I will give you another chance to respond specifically to my answer to what you said here about the Lord Jesus:

But he isn't the Almighty God, the Almighty God is the father.

No?

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

God was the alpha & omega.

There can only be One who is the Alpha and Omega and that is God. And since the Lord Jesus describes Himself as being the Alpha and Omega then it is obvious that the Lord Jesus is God. He said:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

We can also see that the One on the throne in the New Jerusalem also describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega and He also says that He is God:

"And he that sat upon the throne said
, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son"
(Rev.21:5-7).​

What more evidence do you need before you will believe that the Lord Jesus is God?

Last edited:

COGTHW

The Comforter which is the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

There is only one Spirit right Mr.Shugart.?

The OT Scriptures say the Spirit of God was in the prophets, The NT say it was the Spirit of Jesus. Which leads to say the Holy Ghost name is Jesus.

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There can only be One who is the Alpha and Omega and that is God. And since the Lord Jesus describes Himself as being the Alpha and Omega then it is obvious that the Lord Jesus is God. He said:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

We can also see that the One on the throne in the New Jerusalem also describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega and He also says that He is God:

, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son"

What more evidence do you need before you will believe that the Lord Jesus is God?

I said
I gave you a revelation that blows your theory right out of view.

Jerry Shugart

I said
I gave you a revelation that blows your theory right out of view.

Why did you quote my answer to what you said here and then not say one single word about it?

God was the alpha & omega.

Since you have no answer to what I said you want to change the subject as fast as you can!

Jerry Shugart

The Comforter which is the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

In this verse the Lord Jesus says that when He departs then the Comforter will be sent to them:

I cannot believe that this verse is speaking of only "one" Person but instead two different Persons. Therefore, I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, who is identified as the Holy Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Your Albert Barnes is an idiot. I don't think you truly understand the Godhead. Now these are three separate statement that are factual. Jesus says the Father is the only true God.
Then Jesus says that His God is my God, and His Father is my Father.
And even Paul says for us there is only one God the Father.
I will post you a revelation on the Godhead.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

COGTHW

In this verse the Lord Jesus says that when He departs then the Comforter will be sent to them:

I cannot believe that this verse is speaking of only "one" Person but instead two different Persons. Therefore, I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, who is identified as the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Ghost is not a different person.

It is the same Spirit that was in the prophets,

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

It was the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit that was in them prophets of Old.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Scriptures say the Spirit of Christ and then the Holy Ghost.

There is only one Spirit, for the true Spirit is God. That same Spirit is name Christ Jesus

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

It's only one Spirit, one God all in the name of Jesus. If you say it is two you are saying its two "Spirits" and that is not in the Scripture.