ECT HAVE YOU DRANK JESUS BODY AND BLOOD ??

glorydaz

Second, how is the drinking and eating of Christ's body and blood, symbolic? As with any good argument or point, you need to bring sufficient evidence to such a claim.

Now here is where the pitchforks will appear. Take the Last Supper, in context, with John 6. Christ, talking to a multitude, says "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you will have no inheritance with me." And the people pondered and began to murmur. Why? Because, they understood His words to mean a literal consumption of His literal body and blood! But rather than correct them, since He knew their ponderings, He stated the same thing two more times. "Unless you eat my body and drink my blood...." At no point does Christ correct the people's thinking. Any time, in all of Scripture, there was a misunderstanding, or a parable, it is clearly addressed, or stated as such. So why, would John, the author who lived with Christ, not add clarification here? Why would Christ, when the people left Him, not correct them, since they had just "misunderstood" Him?

The logical rationale would be that they did not misunderstand Him. That He was speaking literally. Combine that with the Last Supper, and you get a literal Communion, as the RCC holds.

Actually, Jesus made it very clear, and repeated Himself. It's impossible for it to be any clearer. Those who believe are those who eat and drink of the body and blood which He gave for the life of the world. It's the believing that gives life. The Jews didn't get it because they didn't believe.

John 6:32-35KJV Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.​

John 6:47-51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.​

jsanford108

Actually, Jesus made it very clear, and repeated Himself. It's impossible for it to be any clearer. Those who believe are those who eat and drink of the body and blood which He gave for the life of the world. It's the believing that gives life. The Jews didn't get it because they didn't believe.

John 6:47-51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.​

This is my very point. Read your quote from John 6. "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

This is not mere symbolism here. It is not indicated as such, nor ever clarified as such. The people He was speaking to turned away and left Him. If it was a misunderstanding, Christ was letting these people go astray over a simple miscommunication.

No where does the Scripture have "believe in Christ" as equivalent to "eat my flesh and drink my blood." It is never substituted as such, either. Please, if you have evidence of Christ saying such, provide it. Or even the apostles. I have a plethora of sources and evidence which cite my argument, and will happily provide them, if you wish.

Wick Stick

A lot of guessing and theorizing going on here, it looks like.

If you can unravel Jesus riddle in Luke 17:37, the answer to this problem will present itself as well.

Good luck!

Jerry Shugart

This is my very point. Read your quote from John 6. "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

This is not mere symbolism here.

Yes it is, as witnessed by what the Lord Jesus said later in the same discourse about His flesh:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

dodge

Hi and just a reminder , if you will reply ??

dan p

You really are confused ! Paul never taught against the law of Moses, and if He would have HE would have been going against Jesus.

Luk 16:31
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

glorydaz

This is not mere symbolism here. It is not indicated as such, nor ever clarified as such. The people He was speaking to turned away and left Him. If it was a misunderstanding, Christ was letting these people go astray over a simple miscommunication.

No where does the Scripture have "believe in Christ" as equivalent to "eat my flesh and drink my blood." It is never substituted as such, either. Please, if you have evidence of Christ saying such, provide it. Or even the apostles. I have a plethora of sources and evidence which cite my argument, and will happily provide them, if you wish.

I go by what he said quite clearly. You mean you don't think Christ would leave these people scratching their heads over what he said. What about all the parables? There was a prophecy in Isaiah regarding this very thing.

Mat. 13:10-15 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.​

glorydaz

You really are confused ! Paul never taught against the law of Moses, and if He would have HE would have been going against Jesus.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Well, Paul was teaching against the law of Moses as the Jews were following it, and he was clarifying how the Gentiles were not under it. (Your verse has nothing to do with that fact.) What Paul did was correct their understanding of why the Law was given, what the law was meant to do and what it wasn't. The Jews got very angry with Paul and nearly killed him for his teaching.

And Paul got that information from the RISEN LORD, so clearly He wasn't going against Jesus.

dodge

Well, Paul was teaching against the law of Moses as the Jews were following it, and he was clarifying how the Gentiles were not under it. (Your verse has nothing to do with that fact.) What Paul did was correct their understanding of why the Law was given, what the law was meant to do and what it wasn't. The Jews got very angry with Paul and nearly killed him for his teaching.

And Paul got that information from the RISEN LORD, so clearly He wasn't going against Jesus.

Hello Glorydaz, Paul did not preach against the law he did preach against depending on keeping the law for salvation as opposed to GRACE.

Of course the verse I posted had and has something to do with it according to Jesus.

Moses did teach about the coming of Jesus.

glorydaz

Hello Glorydaz, Paul did not preach against the law he did preach against depending on keeping the law for salvation as opposed to GRACE.

Of course the verse I posted had and has something to do with it according to Jesus.

Moses did teach about the coming of Jesus.

I said "as the Jews were following it". They followed the letter of the law.

Other than that, I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

God's Truth

Let me fix that for you.

"You go against me for preaching my obedience is necessary for salvation and for staying saved."

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. You are blessed as Jesus' family member and friend if you obey.

He won't live with you until you obey.