greetings from the goat

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
you guys are being oblivious to my point
Oh, no. We understood what you said perfectly.

theCAPRICIOUSgoat said:
i dont believe that only jesus can save
And there is the whole problem. No one comes to the Father except through the Son.
theCAPRICIOUSgoat said:
you god is god it doesn't matter by what name you call him, the worst thing is to be so narcissistic and think god and his love are only for what amounts to be less then one third of the population of this world.
But we don't believe that. God's love is for all men. Truly.

theCAPRICIOUSgoat said:
seems to be a little self absorbed to me. And don't label me as a bible basher, i am very well rounded on religion in general.
Pity. It is not religion that saves, it is faith that saves.
theCAPRICIOUSgoat said:
I don't believe that jesus meant to be taken in such a manner either, he was a savior by example.
You deny that Christ, by His own word, came to die for us so that we can be saved from the death that sins bring? That flat out denies the Gospel.
theCAPRICIOUSgoat said:
You can't just say you believe in him or god and feel justified that you will be saved. even demons believe in god. . . . .
Actually, you can. In fact, that is all you need to do. Believe. It is true that demons believe in God, but demons do not acknowledge Jesus as their Lord and Savior. The elect, the saved do.

i didn't deny jesus' works and or reason for being i'm just saying that to close the book and say that no true merciful god would open and close the book on every one else so easily especially during a time of such little means of communication. i have true and fortified faith in the god who raised me from the dead three times. and what i have experienced its believe not just in god but knowing that we are made to accept love as our savior. getting over the differences in each other and show true and unbias love. you can only be capable to even comprehend gods kingdom if you have learned what earthly love is first. might be abad time to come out and say idont believe in “HELL” either

Spitfire

might be abad time to come out and say idont believe in “HELL” either
Every time the topic comes up, it seems like half or more of the people here either don't believe in Hell at all or at least don't believe in the eternal damnation and suffering kind of Hell. So, that's nothing to worry about.

I'm still waiting for some chèvre...

genuineoriginal

god is god it doesn't matter by what name you call him
The children of Israel found out the hard way at Sinai that giving God's name to another (a golden calf) made Him mad.
Paul found people worshipping God as an unknown god in Mars Hill.
Allah is not God, neither is Vishnu, nor is Zeus, so you need to know how to find the real God among the imposters.

the worst thing is to be so narcissistic and think god and his love are only for what amounts to be less then one third of the population of this world
Was it narcissistic to think God and His love were only for 8 souls out of the entire world when He destroyed it by flood?

DaveDodo007

you guys are being oblivious to my point i dont believe that only jesus can save you god is god it doesn't matter by what name you call him, the worst thing is to be so narcissistic and think god and his love are only for what amounts to be less then one third of the population of this world. seems to be a little self absorbed to me. And don't label me as a bible basher, i am very well rounded on religion in general. I don't believe that jesus meant to be taken in such a manner either, he was a savior by example. You can't just say you believe in him or god and feel justified that you will be saved. even demons believe in god. . . . .

He he, welcome to hell or TOL as us regulars like to call it. Just lace up your boxing gloves and dive straight into the religious forum and have fun.:guitar:

BabyChristian

i didn't deny jesus' works and or reason for being i'm just saying that to close the book and say that no true merciful god would open and close the book on every one else so easily especially during a time of such little means of communication. i have true and fortified faith in the god who raised me from the dead three times. and what i have experienced its believe not just in god but knowing that we are made to accept love as our savior. getting over the differences in each other and show true and unbias love. you can only be capable to even comprehend gods kingdom if you have learned what earthly love is first. might be abad time to come out and say idont believe in “HELL” either

Hell believes in you. :jawdrop:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
you guys are being oblivious to my point i dont believe that only jesus can save you god is god it doesn't matter by what name you call him, the worst thing is to be so narcissistic and think god and his love are only for what amounts to be less then one third of the population of this world. seems to be a little self absorbed to me. And don't label me as a bible basher, i am very well rounded on religion in general. I don't believe that jesus meant to be taken in such a manner either, he was a savior by example. You can't just say you believe in him or god and feel justified that you will be saved. even demons believe in god. . . . .

Universalism :vomit: To me is sounds like a pack of excuses to go believing what you want and to go doing what you want.

Letsargue

He he, welcome to hell or TOL as us regulars like to call it. Just lace up your boxing gloves and dive straight into the religious forum and have fun.:guitar:

He won’t need boxing gloves here, he can just go to sleep and he'll defeat them!!

Paul – 112911

Every time the topic comes up, it seems like half or more of the people here either don't believe in Hell at all or at least don't believe in the eternal damnation and suffering kind of Hell. So, that's nothing to worry about.

I'm still waiting for some chèvre...

the only type of hell i could believe in is the one spoken of in protestant scriptures. which is translated as an eternal seperation from nothing like the fiery pits of hell like the catholics conspired from dante'ws inferno. . . .

Spitfire

the only type of hell i could believe in is the one spoken of in protestant scriptures. which is translated as an eternal seperation from nothing like the fiery pits of hell like the catholics conspired from dante'ws inferno. . . .
Well, keep in mind that we Catholics don't actually consider Dante's Inferno to be quite the totally authoritative text it's made out to be. It's literature, and we generally believe there's a lot of allegorical truth to it, but it's not a formal theological text. Nor was Dante the originator of the fire and brimstone notion of Hell.

And what's this about Protestants scriptures? They use our scriptures. What are you talking about? :p

Well, keep in mind that we Catholics don't actually consider Dante's Inferno to be quite the totally authoritative text it's made out to be. It's literature, and we generally believe there's a lot of allegorical truth to it, but it's not a formal theological text. Nor was Dante the originator of the fire and brimstone notion of Hell.

And what's this about Protestants scriptures? They use our scriptures. What are you talking about? :p

well yes but there were several books removed from the complete catholic bible. most of what was removed from the catholic bible while being pillaged to make the luthran version(the first protestant christian movement)was mainly books of fodder filled with tradition. plus of course the references of hell where in these same books.

plus how can you say anybody stole anything if it is suppose to be gods word. if you want think on that level then christian and muslim sects stole the faith from hebrew scripture everythin down to worshipping the god of abraham

Spitfire

I say all the nice things I do about goats last week, then they start giving me thumbs down. Story of my life.

I kind of feel like eating a goat now!

Also.... "God Abraham?" Do you mean "God of Abraham", or are you really that confused?