ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
But the truth, of course, is that you believe Christ died for some sinners. That would be your most accurate assessment wouldn't it? Why spend all this time defending limited atonement to then blunt your theology in this way?

The result of unjustifiable extrapolation conflicting with Gospel truth?

You accuse me of lying, but you are disingenuously preaching Romans 5:8 - they think you mean all men, but you don't! Or does the sharing of the Gospel come with a (Gospel destroying) exposition on limited atonement?
“There is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. I do not believe we can preach the gospel, if we do not preach justification by faith, without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing, unchangeable, eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel, unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross; nor can I comprehend a gospel which lets saints fall away after they are called, and suffers the children of God to be burned in the fires of damnation after having once believed in Jesus.” -Spurgeon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ's sacrifice was sufficient to cover the sins of all men, for Christ bought up all the debt that men owe to God, and Jesus forgives men as they come to Him for forgiveness as they always had come to God before.

There is no such thing as being forgiven before sins are committed,

The sin of man is covered by the blood of Christ only to those who are given the privilege of having faith, so that he becomes a new creature fit for resurrection.

In another sense the saving of the whole world was through the sacrifice of Christ or it would have been destroyed long ago.

LA

Sonnet

“There is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. I do not believe we can preach the gospel, if we do not preach justification by faith, without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing, unchangeable, eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel, unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross; nor can I comprehend a gospel which lets saints fall away after they are called, and suffers the children of God to be burned in the fires of damnation after having once believed in Jesus.” -Spurgeon

Spurgeon was confused - he also said that 'all' means 'all' in 1 Tim 2:3-6.

Cross Reference

Rather, works of the law are virtuous:

Mat 23:23
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness.

Faith is contrasted as being anything but works righteousness: Romans 4:1-4

So faith is not virtue - and would seem to be morally neutral.

That wasn't my quote you are replying to.

Cross Reference

Nang did not make that reply . . . It was Sonnet and poor formatting to blame.

I know that. Somethings not functioning correctly with the quoting program.

So, while i have you on the line, when are you going to come through with some answers re gift of faith scripture references?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Spurgeon was confused - he also said that 'all' means 'all' in 1 Tim 2:3-6.
All is in the bible so you need to leave it alone and find a new way to let God simply say all just like he said it. Just say it and don't add anything or you're trolling. Trolling creates ailments and will physically make you sick slowly. Just read the Bible by yourself if you can't control you yourself.

Danoh

Didn't I already suggest you do a word study of how often Scripture speaks of the "faith OF Christ?"

However, here is a source that will answer your question quite well:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/bible/faith_of_christ_or_faith_in_christ.shtml

That article is one heck of a botch up of what "faith" basically is.

It is just as off as to what "the faith of Christ" is a reference to.

I suppose God gives the unbelieving the faith to believe against Him.

Faith is simply deciding to believe in a thing and or in a thing as true.

You walk up to a Park bench on a warm summer's day in your belief that it will bring you rest, or whatever; and that that your legs will get you there; and that you have a right to be there; and so on.

All "matters of faith" exercised.

You get there only to find a "Wet Paint" sign on this very shiny bench.

"Having once believed" what "Wet" and "Paint" refer to when together in that way - especially on a park bench! - you exercise your ability to exercise faith in a thing as true or not true, and move on.

Of course, the more astute might pause to "test the things that differ" given that past experience has "led you to believe" that "sometimes such a sign is no longer needed; the paint on this bench might already be dry..."

You did all that - do all those kinds of things - all - day - long - "on faith."

Some assemblies have these huge signs perched up high above their building.

A sign just as simple as that "Wet Paint" sign on that park bench - "Christ Died For Your Sins."

"All men" who read it decide to exercise their ability to form beliefs either in favor of, or against, a thing.

The Apostle Paul's sign reads...

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...

In other words "the words on this sign - that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - is true; it is worth believing in.

But when it comes to religion, all of a sudden free will goes out the window.

In its place?

A serious case of "automaton-nigh-tiss."

That is, when it is not that and or "well God gave me a sign the park bench was wet."

In this, most Believers remain "Charismatic" pagans in their understanding of these things.

Even the Apostle Paul himself was going back and forth with Believers on the need to - quit - complicating - the - simplicity of - the gospel - of - Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Wet Paint dead ahead...

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Not.

Faith is the new capacity to comprehend the truths of God, which requires God changing the hard hearts and the corrupted, insane minds, of a particular people.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Faith (which is a NOUN) is simply deciding (which is a VERB) to believe (which is a VERB) in a thing and or in a thing as true?

FACE PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.