good morning breakfast clubbers

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Good afternoon. I guess.

I have to write a paper, and I'm procrastinating... sitting here with the pdfs of 7 behavioral science-related journal articles, one outline, one preliminary research document of 4815 words, and the one magazine article that started it all.

And I've written exactly one line (well, five lines if I count the header :eek:).

I've known all semester that it was due on Thursday.

:: sigh ::

theophilus

Good afternoon. I guess.

I have to write a paper, and I'm procrastinating... sitting here with the pdfs of 7 behavioral science-related journal articles, one outline, one preliminary research document of 4815 words, and the one magazine article that started it all.

And I've written exactly one line (well, five lines if I count the header :eek:).

[MENTION=10029]annabenedetti[/MENTION],

:thumb:

That's THE way to do a term paper!

:D

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good afternoon. I guess.

Maybe you operate like me. Doing the outline mentally and physically, you have been working out the paper in your head for weeks, almost subliminally. Once you start writing and getting into the main points it will start to flow and you won't stop until most of it is done. I went one year to college and had honors English classes where i would wait until the day before or the day of to write it. Have a blast !! You'll do great.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Good afternoon. I guess.

:chuckle: Sounds like me during my school years.

Have you tried printing the PDFs out? I much prefer having something in my hands than trying to look at PDFs.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll knock out a great one once you get going. :)

And evening folks. :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
[MENTION=696]theophilus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] [MENTION=4651]kmoney[/MENTION]

Thank you so much, you guys. :)

I really appreciate the encouragement, thank you for your thoughtfulness. :)

@annabenedetti,

:thumb:

That's THE way to do a term paper!

:D

:chuckle: Well, it's THE way to do this one...

Maybe you operate like me. Doing the outline mentally and physically, you have been working out the paper in your head for weeks, almost subliminally. Once you start writing and getting into the main points it will start to flow and you won't stop until most of it is done. I went one year to college and had honors English classes where i would wait until the day before or the day of to write it. Have a blast !! You'll do great.

Thanks, patrick, you pretty much nailed it, I've been thinking about it in my head for weeks, but trying to bring all those ideas into some kind of creative cohesion is sort of like how I described it to another friend here, like being in one of those money booths where all the dollar bills are swirling around you and you're trying to grab them one at a time. And because I had two papers due at about the same time, the bills were all marked to go to one paper or the other so I had to take turns ignoring the different ideas. :chuckle:

It's flowing now, it's half finished and should be complete by the time I go to sleep tonight. Thank you for your support. :)

:chuckle: Sounds like me during my school years.

Have you tried printing the PDFs out? I much prefer having something in my hands than trying to look at PDFs.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll knock out a great one once you get going. :)

Thanks kmo, I'll hope for that. :) No, they weren't printed out this time, I don't have easy access to a printer right now, just on my laptop. But I agree, it's better to have the pdfs on paper because I usually mark them up with notes and highlights and then arrange them in a thinking sequence... sometimes even cut them up. :chuckle:

Anyway, enough about that,

I hope all you friends have had a good day today, and that things are well with all of you.

Thanks for being here. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Good morning

couchedbunn.jpg

Bunnykins

:wave:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Thanks kmo, I'll hope for that. :) No, they weren't printed out this time, I don't have easy access to a printer right now, just on my laptop. But I agree, it's better to have the pdfs on paper because I usually mark them up with notes and highlights and then arrange them in a thinking sequence... sometimes even cut them up. :chuckle:
Nice. :) I hope it all finished well.