Silver Subscriber
Good morning

blackeyebunn.jpg

Blackie

:wave: good morning folks

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You can swim upstream?

Yes. You just have to be stronger than the current. :)

On the days you're not strong enough, you can find places to rest. If you can find where the stream pools, you can tread water and think, or just float on your back for a while. If you stop fighting and float downstream with the current, that's okay too, just start up again when you're ready. You have to do what's best for you. If you start over a lot though, the scenery starts to look pretty familiar - which is a good thing or a bad thing, depending.

Caledvwlch

On the days you're not strong enough, you can find places to rest. If you can find where the stream pools, you can tread water and think, or just float on your back for a while. If you stop fighting and float downstream with the current, that's okay too, just start up again when you're ready. You have to do what's best for you. If you start over a lot though, the scenery starts to look pretty familiar - which is a good thing or a bad thing, depending.

I no longer understand this metaphor. :chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

wow, that sounds super strenuous work out.

You must be very young.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Can't it be both?

I'm an idiot.

I thought it was metaphor too.

that's why I asked.

Yes, it can be both.

You see, true Christianity is swimming upstream too. It is not easy to follow Jesus unless we abandon our worldly mentality and behavior.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh, my. I manage to complicate things wherever I go...

meshak, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was teasing Cal, he was reading me right. It was a rather lame illustration of how I deal (or try to deal) with life's challenges and setbacks. Although I'm not physically swimming upstream in real life at the moment, I was a competitive swimmer in my younger days and I could still actually, physically swim upstream right now - if - I was stronger than the current. :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned

meshak, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was teasing Cal, he was reading me right. It was a rather lame illustration of how I deal (or try to deal) with life's challenges and setbacks. Although I'm not physically swimming upstream in real life at the moment, I was a competitive swimmer in my younger days and I could still actually, physically swim upstream right now - if - I was stronger than the current. :)

Oh, ok.

Caledvwlch

meshak, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was teasing Cal, he was reading me right. It was a rather lame illustration of how I deal (or try to deal) with life's challenges and setbacks.

Although I'm not physically swimming upstream in real life at the moment, I was a competitive swimmer in my younger days and I could actually, physically swim upstream right now - if - I was stronger than the current. :)

Yay!

for+brilliance.gif