good morning breakfast clubbers

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because people do care and he knows that.

I'm just pointing out that saying "zoo, if you're reading this, I hope you're doing okay and you'll be back soon" might be a bit more empathetic than

"day 18 of the zoo watch

let's see who can come up with the best reason for him being awol."

But I think that's how you show your concern and he probably knows you well enough to know that.

thank you for letting me know how to show someone that you care

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
why do I annoy you?

Hmm... you're rather unbending. You're suspicious of anything that doesn't fit neatly into the box you have for it, and you try to control the conversation whenever we're discussing something. I really don't like it when I think someone's trying to control me.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Hmm... you're rather unbending. You're suspicious of anything that doesn't fit neatly into the box you have for it, and you try to control the conversation whenever we're discussing something. I really don't like it when I think someone's trying to control me.

I just ask questions

what is wrong or controlling about that?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
the only thing I will learn is 63 different ways of avoiding a direct question

I didn't avoid your question, I told you'd I'd answer it after you clarified what you meant. A simple request which you refused. (Unbending: Check.) I don't fit into your neat box labeled "feminist," do I? After all, I'm prolife, a stay-at-home mom, so I hit some of those important markers in your mind, and yet - I also worked outside the home, stand up to controlling men, believe women should be treated equally, etc. (You're suspicious of anything that doesn't fit neatly into the box you have for it: Check.) You then spent a lot of time posting "Who posted" numbers as if the number of posts was some kind of indictment and asking why I'm avoiding the question when you knew why I hadn't answered to that point (trying to control the conversation: Check).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I didn't avoid your question, I told you'd I'd answer it after you clarified what you meant. A simple request which you refused. (Unbending: Check.) I don't fit into your neat box labeled "feminist," do I? After all, I'm prolife, a stay-at-home mom, so I hit some of those important markers in your mind, and yet - I also worked outside the home, stand up to controlling men, believe women should be treated equally, etc. (You're suspicious of anything that doesn't fit neatly into the box you have for it: Check.) You then spent a lot of time posting "Who posted" numbers as if the number of posts was some kind of indictment and asking why I'm avoiding the question when you knew why I hadn't answered to that point (trying to control the conversation: Check).

it was very interesting that you offered a lot of personal information
that wasn't necessary
that I didn't want to know
and
would have no business asking for
but
you couldn't answer the simple question I did ask
and
it took 63 posts to explain why

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
it was very interesting that you offered a lot of personal information
that wasn't necessary
that I didn't want to know
and
would have no business asking for
but
you couldn't answer the simple question I did ask
and
it took 63 posts to explain why

But see, I get to determine if I think my personal information is necessary. Not you.

And it wouldn't have taken 63 posts before I finally gave up on you and walked away - if you'd given me enough information with which to answer you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But see, I get to determine if I think my personal information is necessary. Not you.

And it wouldn't have taken 63 posts before I finally gave up on you and walked away - if you'd given me enough information with which to answer you.

but you did get enough information to determine that I was a feminist

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
we certainly miss the bunnies
He's a good egg. Everyone should do what's best to serve their happiness. Sometimes a vacation of sorts is entirely what's needed. I've take a few days off here and there lately and it's given me time to reflect on a few things that would be hard to manage in the heat of battle, so to speak.

how can you not be affected by this forum?
I think if you aren't you've missed a great opportunity to grow.

his voluntary absence is proof that he has been confronted with something he cannot deal with
No, at best that would be one possibility among a few and the weakest choice if you know him at all or mean to be objective instead of work in a weakness or insult.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Good morning

starebunn.jpg