ECT Gomer Tetelestai does it again...Shazam!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
THE FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN AND
ANTI-SEMITISM
- Rev. Francis A. Schaeffer, Jr.

I never heard of Scheffer.

Whoever he was, he was very confused.

From the link you provided:

"I want to see Abraham; and he is a Jew. And I want to see Isaac; he is a Jew. I want to see Jacob; and he is a Jew. I want to see Joseph; and he is a Jew. I want to see Moses; and he is a Jew."

None of the men he calls a "Jew" were Jews.

The word "Jew" didn't exist in the days of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and Moses.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I never heard of Scheffer.

It's Schaeffer.
You've led a very sheltered life, evidently.
You're loss.

Whoever he was, he was very confused.

:rotfl:

From the link you provided:

"I want to see Abraham; and he is a Jew. And I want to see Isaac; he is a Jew. I want to see Jacob; and he is a Jew. I want to see Joseph; and he is a Jew. I want to see Moses; and he is a Jew."

None of the men he calls a "Jew" were Jews.

The word "Jew" didn't exist in the days of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and Moses.

I was responding to Innerplanner, who is evidently familiar with Francis Schaeffer.

As I read over the paper, I said to myself, "If Tet reads this, he'll immediately jump on the 'Jew' terminology mistake and gain nothing from anything else that is said." The mistake of calling Abraham and others, Jews, is almost universal in Christianity.

Interplanner

Thanks, Steko,
In 30 years of reading Schaeffer, I never heard a peep about it. Why is that? I see that it is from 1943. Since there is nothing about it in any of his major books, I will assume that he discarded it unless shown otherwise.

for one thing, prophecy is not a basis for not being anti-semitic. a person should actually start at the other end of thought system.

From what I've studied of him, I think he would pretty much can the exegesis and approach of the popular prophecy movement, the same way as he did in the booklet THE NEW SUPER-SPIRITUALITY and elsewhere.

I've read 3 or 4 sermons on the 2nd coming and don't recall anything about modern Israel (they were given after 1948) or about "urgency" because "this is the generation of Israel's return" or any factor in the 2nd coming.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks, Steko,
In 30 years of reading Schaeffer, I never heard a peep about it. Why is that? I see that it is from 1943. Since there is nothing about it in any of his major books, I will assume that he discarded it unless shown otherwise.

for one thing, prophecy is not a basis for not being anti-semitic. a person should actually start at the other end of thought system.

From what I've studied of him, I think he would pretty much can the exegesis and approach of the popular prophecy movement, the same way as he did in the booklet THE NEW SUPER-SPIRITUALITY and elsewhere.

I've read 3 or 4 sermons on the 2nd coming and don't recall anything about modern Israel (they were given after 1948) or about "urgency" because "this is the generation of Israel's return" or any factor in the 2nd coming.

I, likewise, have read Schaeffer for around thirty years. You're correct in that his over-all thrust does not deal with the subject, however, I never found where he 'canned' premillennialism.

Have you ever read Edith Schaeffer's "Christianity is Jewish"-1977?
She quotes her husband Francis in harmony with her own understanding. Again, I never found where they stopped believing in the eschatalogical restoration of Israel.

I think it may be that Dr. Schaeffer drew from the likes of the Scottish Reformed premillennialist Horatius Bonar (19 December 1808 – 31 May 1889).

john w

Hall of Fame
You're in denial.

You're a follower of John Nelson Darby.

As I said earlier, as long as you continue in denial, you will never learn anything.

Spam.

"you will never learn anything."-Craigie

Learn, from whom, punk? You? Oh, yes...

"I am not here to teach, advise, or evangelize anyone....I am not here to teach. I am here to learn."-Craigie on TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
As I said earlier, as long as you continue in denial, you will never learn anything.
"As long as" I consider what Paul says, the Lord gives me understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). The Holy Ghost teaches me just fine, thanks (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame
"As long as" I consider what Paul says, the Lord gives me understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). The Holy Ghost teaches me just fine, thanks (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV).

Well, your heir-ness, did you know that Craigie says that all "dispies" are lost:?

"Not to mention, Darby followers deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough. They claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement."-Craigie Tet.

He's a spineless punk, so obsessed with allegedly disproving the "invented" "belief system of fallible men," dispensationalism, that he allows others, i.e., wolves, and joins this wolfpack, in perverting the gospel of Christ, and accusing us of denying "that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough....," accuses us of "slapping 'Jesus,'"(one of his cutie spams), as long as these other wolves are not of the dispensational mindset.

SaulToPaul 2

Well, your heir-ness, did you know that Craigie says that all "dispies" are lost:?

"Not to mention, Darby followers deny that Christ Jesus' one time sacrifice for sin was good enough. They claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement."-Craigie Tet.

Does this mean he was lost for the 25 years he followed Darby?

john w

Hall of Fame
Does this mean he was lost for the 25 years he followed Darby?

And he also asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ was not God, the Saviour, when he was lost, for he asserts that objective truth is not such, until it is discovered.

He's in denial.

He taught me that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Ok, hopefully one day you will realize Darby was wrong.

Hopefully the Holy Ghost will reveal that to you sooner than later.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Holy Ghost is not going to "reveal" something that is contrary to what saith the scriptures.

Yes I know.

That's why I hope it's sooner than later that it will be revealed to you that being a Darby follower is not what the scriptures saith.