God's will

God's Truth

The Lord preached a gospel called the gospel of the kingdom while on earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that He would die, much less for anyone's sins! That gospel (Galatians 2:2 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJ) was given to Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It was a mystery, kept secret since the world began and Paul tells us why (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). That's at least two gospels, right there. There's no need to deny the facts!

I already gave you many scriptures of when Jesus walked the earth and said he would die for our sins.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did grace and truth come through Jesus?
No, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17 KJV) which included Matthew 5:20 KJV, Matthew 23:1-3 KJV
Did Paul preach grace and truth?
Paul did not teach the keeping of the law as a requirement for salvation (Acts 13:38-39 KJV, Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV). It is by the faith of Jesus Christ that we have access into "this grace" wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God (Romans 5:1-2 KJV). Unto Paul, who was less than the least of all saints, was this grace given, that he should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ (Ephesians 3:8 KJV).

God's Truth

Did Jesus' apostles receive the Holy Spirit through Jesus' grace or was it by their works?

The received the Holy Spirit the same way the Gentiles do and that is by obeying Jesus' teachings.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Epoisses

The received the Holy Spirit the same way the Gentiles do and that is by obeying Jesus' teachings.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

We receive the Holy Spirit by faith, obedience monger!

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Eph. 1:13,14

God's Truth

We receive the Holy Spirit by faith, obedience monger!

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Eph. 1:13,14

All the scriptures that say 'believe', they do NOT nullify the scriptures that say 'obey'.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Just believe what is plainly written.
I do.

The Lord preached a gospel called the gospel of the kingdom while on earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that He would die, much less for anyone's sins! That gospel (Galatians 2:2 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJ) was given to Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It was a mystery, kept secret since the world began and Paul tells us why (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). That's at least two gospels, right there. There's no need to deny the facts!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord preached a gospel called the gospel of the kingdom while on earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that He would die, much less for anyone's sins!

Before Jesus was anointed John proclaimed him as the Lamb of God.

That has no significance to you but it did to the people of his culture and religion.

There's no need to deny the facts!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Before Jesus was anointed John proclaimed him as the Lamb of God.

That has no significance to you but it did to the people of his culture and religion.

There's no need to deny the facts!

Then why didn't the religious elite of His culture accept Him?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do.

True. In the following two Scripture verses, we see that the Disciples knew NOTHING of Christ's imminent death and resurrection.

Luke 18:33-34

"And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken."